• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Last year for The Money in The Bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX vs NWO

Dark Match Winner
I was looking at WWE.com and saw that there is now a Money in The Bank Pay Per View, and started to think that maybe this year will be the last year The Money in The Bank Ladder Match will happen at WrestleMania?

Personally I think it is a very stupid move to have a Money in The Bank Pay Per View. Those matches take a good 20-30 minutes which at Mania is about 2 matches. Money in The Bank is one of the main reasons I watch WrestleMania, because whoevre wins is destined for greatness, look at guys like Edge, RVD, (not really Kennedy) and CM Punk.

My questions are this. Will this year be the last year for the Money in The Bank Ladder match at WrestleMania? Do you approve WWE of having a Pay Per View for those matches? And how do you think that Pay Per View could work?

I expect the MITB PPV won't be about getting a title "SHOT" for the winner, but rather a "title".

So hanging at the top of the arena will be the WWE title in one match, and the World Championship in another match, and it will be a 6 or 8-man ladder match for each title. Similar to the ELimination chamber ppv concept.

I know the whole concept of the name "money in the bank" stems from having a guaranteed title shot in the bank (briefcase), but it doesn't matter. That's what I predict happens.

I think it could be a fun PPV too. If they do do it this way, they could also keep the yearly MITB match at Mania, bc this one would be the only one to award the winner a Title match, since the PPV matches would be for the title themselves.

With the addition of the Money In The Bank PPV, I think that it will be the show that the winner gets to have his match. However I am hoping it's not since it takes away from the mystery of "when they are gonna do it?" I will never forget the feeling i had watching RAW when CM Punk's music hit and he ran out there with the ref. Myself along with those in the arena seemed to be confused for a second until they realized what was about to happen. It's a great feeling that I hope they keep around as it seems to be one of the last true "surprises" in the WWE that always keeps the fans guessing.

Back to the question at hand I'm hoping that this isn't the last year of the match at Mani as it is a great spectacle to behold, when done right. This years being a 10 man will either make it the best or make it a complete cluster fuck. My money is that it's not considering I have a strong feeling the PPV won't do as well as they are thinking/hoping it will. So I believe we will see it's on next year's show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back