Lars Sullivan getting called up

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Having seen a little bit of Lars Sullivan on NXT, I fell that he's so not ready to get called up right now and they only calling him up because of his size. Similar to what they did with braun strowman a few year ago. The difference is that strowman as a natural charisma about him that Lars doesn't have.

I feel he will be one of the worst call up on the main roster because he really need a lot of training before getting on the main roster but that's just my opinion. What do you think about this news that was announce on the kickoff show. Do you think Lars is ready for the main roster or spill he be a big failure.

Have to actually agree with the Snitsky comments. I watch NXT semi regularly and have never been convinced or impressed with him. There is always a place for a big monster heel on a roster but I wouldn't expect him to get very far. You need to be more than a warm body to reach the very top, you need something more. Unfortunately for Lars, he's just a lump.

I would compare him more to heidenreich, I wouldn't be surprise to see him do poetry backstage with Michael Cole within the first month of his call up.

Yeah agreed. Ive seen people raving about but the few things I've watched of his, he looks like a big lumbering idiot.

WWE have better big men in McIntyre and Strowman. Maybe he can go to Smackdown. NXT was getting crowded anyway.

I honestly think that Smackdown is the best place for him. You're absolutely right when you consider that Raw has Strowman and McIntyre in that role at the moment. The difference between Lars and the other two is that Storman and McIntyre have a lot of charisma and will u doubtedly go places. I don't know if the same goes for Sullivan.

First of all Lars Sullivan doesn't suck!!! HHH Brock Lesnar and Ke in Owen's all are very high on his ability. HHH says he is the freakiest scariest physically he has ever seen. His hands are freakishly big. Lesnar 3 years ago fly down to Florida and stayed down there for 3 weeks to work with Lars because he could not believe how strong and agile he was. Kevin's Owen's said he is gold on the mic and raved about him.

He’s extremely boring. There is nothing that stands out about him, just another generic boring big guy. Others have stated positive things about him but I just don’t understand what they see in him. He sucks in the ring as well as in promos and worst of all he has no character of any kind other than ”oh here’s this big monstrous guy”. When someone is boring in NXT, which 9 times out of 10 gets everything right, then you’re doomed on the main roster. I will admit I have been wrong before such as with Strowman, however I doubt Lars ever does anything remotely interesting.

He def doesn't suck in the ring and he cuts an excellent promo. I don't know who you like or think is good. But Lars is much better than much of the crap already on TV and the main roster.

The problem I have with Lars isn't is in ring work but mostly is lack of charisma. The guys for all the attribute has a tendency to be forgettable because there nothing special about the guy. He's just big guy wearing red trunks with no personality. He reminds me of a gene snitsky, heidenreich or Vladimir Koslov. It's o.k in NXT where their not a lot of big monsters but on the main we're their so many more charismatic monsters type character, I fear he don't stand out and will just be another guy.

If I was WWE, I would do a complete makeover of the guy before calling him up. Give him a character that will stand out right away, maybe give him a manager and just let him destroy everybody but the most important is that he doesn't come up on the main roster in the generic get up he has now. If he does, this will be the death of him because right now, he looks like a big jack up jobber and you don't want that with a guy like him who has a lot of up side.

Another generic big guy. He's got nothing beyond the fake NXT hype. By this time next year he'll be in a comedy tag team.

Please explain to me how He's such a game changer because I just don't see it.

He must be an NXT fanboy. To them, every NXT star is the greatest thing ever. Three years ago when Tyler Breeze was called up, NXT fanboys were going insane, saying he was the best thing since Shawn Michaels and was a better worker than anyone on the roster. Asuka was "the greatest female competitor ever". I was told repeatedly "Shinsuke Nakamura will revolutionize WWE and the wrestling business as a whole, and if you disagree you're insane".

None of them measure up, at all. It's nothing but fake NXT hype.

He must be an NXT fanboy. To them, every NXT star is the greatest thing ever. Three years ago when Tyler Breeze was called up, NXT fanboys were going insane, saying he was the best thing since Shawn Michaels and was a better worker than anyone on the roster. Asuka was "the greatest female competitor ever". I was told repeatedly "Shinsuke Nakamura will revolutionize WWE and the wrestling business as a whole, and if you disagree you're insane".

None of them measure up, at all. It's nothing but fake NXT hype.
Actually Nakamura is a big deal in terms of performance. Lars is not. He was overpushed and he needs really a depth persona. And his finisher, is the “It wasn’t my fault segment 2.0”, all his push was that.
If NXT guys don’t get over in the main roster, it’s maybe because there is some differences between Vince and Hunter. But talent is really obvious when you see someone. I don’t see him as a top talent.

Playing Devil's Advocate here; I admit that I have to dig deep to figure out something about Lars that would get me wanting to see his work, so here's what I've been able to come up with.

Lars is very derivative of the Snitsky character, all mentions beforehand are spot on in that regard. His look and demeanor just scream Snitsky. I would like to make the point that Lars is apparently still deeply engaged in NXT storylines, and he therefore still has the opportunity to grow out of being just another generic seething ogre. We fans want variety, and we'll raise Hell online if we don't get what we want. My point is; Lars still has potential, and Snitsky was used so poorly that it squandered his potential.

What I see in Lars today is the capability to sell. He took an off the top of a ladder elbow drop from Velveteen Dream, and the look of horror on his face due to all the pain he was surely going through had me convinced. It was more than anything I'd ever seen from Snitsky in terms of a positive memory of their capability.

Lars is apparently going to be working with Keith Lee, and I'm really hoping that they'll make displaying their athleticism a priority as opposed to putting on the usual "battle of the bigmen" match where it's like watching a sofa wrestle a fridge.

I think that the only step that Lars hasn't taken as a means of stealing our hearts is by just being an unexpectedly different kind of person in his interviews and backstage segments. I'm remembering how brilliantly Abyss pulled off the Joseph Park character. Maybe some of you didn't like Joseph Park, but I don't remember ever being as dedicated to watching TNA as when I was obsessed with seeing Abyss play a compulsively terrified white collar joe shmoe. I'm not saying to copy that angle, but use it as a reference for how to make a less cliché monster.

When I see Lars, I think of when Telly Savalas played Ernst Blofeld in the James Bond movie "In Her Majesty's Secret Service". If the WWE has enough faith in Lars to call him up to the main show (and I agree that it shouldn't happen in the near future), they should try for the first time -- that I'm aware of -- in prowrestling history of pulling off the character of a "Sophisticated Thug". Something like Marvel's Kingpin, or Christopher Nolan's twist on the Bane character. Seldom speaking, calm, conspiring, and above all refined.

All that being said, sometimes we savvy fans just have to accept that we've seen so much prowrestling that we're jaded to the point of having little faith in someone's capabilities unless they blow our minds with their likeability. Lars will likely be called up as just another brute weirdo, reminiscent of Snitsky, and we'll just have to accept it.

I think Lars is a solid big man and would be a great fit on SDL. SDL has Big Show, Samoa Joe, Killian (from Sanity) and I think that's it for big men. With the exception of Joe, the other two are generic big men. Lars is freakishly strong and I thought put on a solid match with Keith Lee along with some other matches of his. With the right program and some tweaks I think Lars could be a solid addition to SDL.

My initial reaction is that Sullivan can do well as long as they don't try to give him more than he can handle Sullivan has a lisp, so that's going to hurt him as far as promos go but, in my opinion, he shouldn't talk very much in the first place. If they want him to have a lengthy promo segment sometimes, give him a qualified mouthpiece to do most of the talking and hyping for him. Personally, I'd get a kick out of seeing a heel Mick Foley, with a serious mind set, fill the role as we know Foley has the goods on the mic and could hype Sullivan well.

Sullivan is ultimately a big, bad bruiser who's freakishly strong. Keep it simple and don't try to use this guy to reinvent the wheel because putting him in that sort of position probably won't work out, especially if Vince hijacks the writing duties as he often does. I think SmackDown needs him more than Raw as Raw already has plenty of big bruisers like Lesnar, when he shows up, Strowman, who'll be back before long, AOP, Lashley, McIntyre, even Corbin. SmackDown has Samoa Joe, Big Show is paired with the Bar, for whatever reason, and is basically just there to interfere in their matches and that's pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back