Laptop help

Derf

O.M.G.
Hopefully omeone can help me on this one. For the past few months, when I'm watching something on my computer, my computer will turn itself off. It only happens when I'm watching a video or feed, and my screen goes black, the sound cuts out about 15 seconds later, then my whole system shuts down. Has anyone noticed this before with their laptops, or does anyone know anything I can do to fix the problem?

1) If its not old check to see how much of your CPU is being used while watching a video, you may have something in the background using tons of your CPU and if so a watching a video (which I've seen sometimes take half of the CPU Usage) can cause an overload and crash. The best way to tell is if your computer slows down greatly while playing a video. With mine for example I can have a video playing in the background and it doesn't affect my performance.

2 (and most likely scenario) ) What Doug Crashin said, you may have a video card or sound card issue. If so just do what Coco said.

May have to do with the battery. Bets buy can check for free. I only know this because the same thing was happening to my HP earlier and it was the battery.

I should point out it also happened when I tried to play The Sims 3 a few months ago. Everything works fine for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, then the black screen, then no sound, then power off.

I've had that happen before, but it's usually because of an update that I don't know about.

At least I suspect that's what it was, I try to keep track of when it's trying to do those damn automatic updates, so it doesn't shut off on me when I'm in the middle of doing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back