LaGarrette Blount just scored a touchdown.

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
He was the guy suspended for the punch after the Oregon/Boise St. game. He missed 11 games, finally got back into the action, after anger management and hard work, and scored.

He deserved it. I am happy for the kid. I've thrown punches when I shouldn't have, it happens. Good for you kid.

It was the fact that it was live on national television. Coach Kelly kind of got pressured into it, but he made that kid atone for that moment.

Wait a minute, "he deserved it"? On what planet? If this had been some no name college student, do you think he would have been allowed back to play? Do you think that if a student sucker punched another student in class, and was told to not come back the rest of the semester, he would have been brought back? Of course not.

Blount didn't deserve it, he cheap-shotted some guy like a little punk. He was suspended for his actions and should have stayed suspended, and he certainly didn't "deserve" to play. But hey, he entertains us, so we should grant him privileges we don't others, right?

I wasn't aware the other kid sucker punched someone too. When did that happen?

Sportsmanship?

From what I remember, he ran up and almost shoulder checked the guy. Was up in his face. If someone is in your face like that, you have every right to hit them. You have no idea what he's going to do, I'm not going to give someone a chance to do ANYTHING to me. A COP told me that. I'm fine with his suspension, but it was FAR to excessive in my opinion.

Sportsmanship?

From what I remember, he ran up and almost shoulder checked the guy. Was up in his face. If someone is in your face like that, you have every right to hit them. You have no idea what he's going to do, I'm not going to give someone a chance to do ANYTHING to me. A COP told me that. I'm fine with his suspension, but it was FAR to excessive in my opinion.
This is just ridiculous. First of all, you DON'T have the right to hit someone, it is called "assault". Second of all, the other player didn't hit Blount, and finally the other player had already turned away before Blount hit him with the cheap shot.

The other guy talked smack, poor sportsmanship for sure, but nothing that doesn't happen all the time, and CERTAINLY not something that deserves getting hit with a cheap shot. Or does the name Rudy Tomjanovich mean nothing to you?

This is just ridiculous. First of all, you DON'T have the right to hit someone, it is called "assault". Second of all, the other player didn't hit Blount, and finally the other player had already turned away before Blount hit him with the cheap shot.

If someone comes up at you, and you feel threatened your damn right you do. I also believe he shoulder checked him.

Or does the name Rudy Tomjanovich mean nothing to you?

It really doesn't, what you talkin' about?

If someone comes up at you, and you feel threatened your damn right you do. I also believe he shoulder checked him.
No, you don't, and how would you feel threatened when a guy is bragging about winning a football game? You have no case here.

It really doesn't, what you talkin' about?
Research the name, and his interaction with Kermit Washington.

No, you don't, and how would you feel threatened when a guy is bragging about winning a football game? You have no case here.

How do I not have a case? You would have NO idea what the guys doing. He runs up in your face, and starts yelling shit at you? You're seriously just going to sit there?

Research the name, and his interaction with Kermit Washington.

Just did. He came back as an all-star the following year, but then faded. Who's to say that punch had anything to do with that? I mean, he did come back playing like an all star.

How do I not have a case? You would have NO idea what the guys doing. He runs up in your face, and starts yelling shit at you? You're seriously just going to sit there?
Yes...or walk away. You think people haven't gotten in my face before?

Adults do the mature thing and ignore it. Blount did the stupid thing.
Just did. He came back as an all-star the following year, but then faded. Who's to say that punch had anything to do with that? I mean, he did come back playing like an all star.
It effectively ended his career, and most analysts will tell you that very thing.

Yes...or walk away. You think people haven't gotten in my face before?

Doesn't seem like it, epically with emotion and testosterone in 6th gear. I said he should have been suspended, but not for as long as he was. Wasn't it indefinite in the beginning?

Adults do the mature thing and ignore it. Blount did the stupid thing.
It effectively ended his career, and most analysts will tell you that very thing.

I was just speculating. How'd it affect him a year after, though? Just mentally got to him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back