• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladies....let's get it on!

JWGunslinger

Warrior Forever
Women in MMA, some people are for it or against it, some think it's stupid and others think that it's great to see women on the same fighting platform as men. Just like MMA in general it is still growing(although it had a later start) and people are still getting used to the idea. I believe it is at a very critical point right now where more and more MMA fans are seeing the womens division as legitimate thanks to some tough ass gals who are paving the way for their sport.

When I first saw a female MMA bout I have to admit two things popped in my head, this is gonna be hot and this will never be a respected legitimate division. It certainly has come a long way since then and my respect for female fighters has gone up immensly. Thanks to women like Gina Carano, Cristine "Cyborg" Santos(can't stand her and she's a man), Maroles Coenan, Zolia Gurgel, Sarah Kaufman and my girl Meisha Tate womens MMA has become a serious division that is extremly entertaining. I've been a fan for a while now but I must say the fight that made me a hardcore Women's MMA fan and my favorite fight was Miesha Tate vs Maroles Coenan at Strikeforce:Henderson vs Fedor. It was an exellent war that Tate won after 4 kick ass rounds when she finished Coenan with an Arm Triangle to win the Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Championship. If you haven't seen this fight I definitely suggest you do because it was a great fight.

As for my favorite female fighter I have to go with my girl Miesha Tate!
MieshaTate00_weighins2.jpg

I know, it's horrible that I didn't pick Gina Carano, but before you blast me check out some of Miesha's fights and you'll see why.She's a well rounded fighter that's very fun to watch and is easy on the eyes, that's a win in my book. Oh and lets not forget that she's the current Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion, without a doubt this girl is my favorite female fighter.

So I ask
What is your opinion on Womens MMA?
Who is your favorite female fighter and why?

It's alright. I don't think the talent pool is anywhere near deep enough for there to be a UFC Women division. Cyborg is so far ahead of everybody it's pretty funny. I don't think it will ever be very big nor will it ever be in the UFC, but it's interesting.

Who is your favorite female fighter and why?

Kyra Gracie would easily be my pick, but she isn't an MMA fighter yet as she hasn't had a fight. Therefore my pick should be obvious.

gina_carano6_Gina_Carano-s298x452-140320-580.jpg

So, my substitute for Kyra is the face of Women's MMA, Gina Carano. She is the face of Women's MMA even after her loss to Cyborg and she's also drop dead gorgeous.

I don't know much about Womens MMA, so I can't give you my fav. But in terms of my opinion, I just saw my first womens fight, and it was the most exciting and intense fights I've ever witnessed:

[YOUTUBE]bOAs68YcTzs[/YOUTUBE]​

Seriously, these chicks were barely breaking a sweat during the whole five minutes. They were constantly going at it. No fatigue and no slow down whatsoever. The crowd were hot too. I'm impressed. More exciting than 80% of the mens fights.

I'll be sure to check out more in my spare time....

I love to watch women fight in todays mma. Alot of shit is gave to the women who chose to fight, it's a stigma that I think they are quickly getting over. The women train just as hard as the men, sure less women fight than men. But trust me the ones who do are fucking bangers who I would pay to see fight.

I personally don't have a favorite in the womens legue, I like to give the matches a peek. I think everyone should give them a chance.

I love Gina Carano with all my heart.

Besides that though, I don't care much for women's MMA. Why? Simple... there aren't more Gina Carano's. And Gina herself hardly ever fights anymore.

Gina is the perfect female fighter... she's smokin' hot, has an absolutely charming personality, and in the cage she's one of the most exciting fighters there are. And she's damn talented and tough, too. Until women's MMA get more fighters like her, I and most other people just won't care about it. Nobody wants to see a 'roided up she-beast beat girls half her size's brains in, and nobody wants to see all the other mediocre-to-ugly girls have mediocre fights.

Miesha Tate, the one who people want to call the next Gina Carano, is a fucking lay and prayer, which is the worst thing you could be in this sport as far as I'm concerned. And the more women's MMA grows (which isn't certain it will), the more lay and prayers we'll see.

There's just no way we'll get to the point any time soon where Women's MMA will be relevant. Absolutely no way.

I like Gina Carano better than the others, but I still find that most women can't deliver effective punches because their upper-body strength can't come close to that of a guy's. Most of their blows are arm punches, delivered with no real power behind them. Martial Arts women do better with mat fighting. In other words, the gals aren't so good while on their feet. They do better on their backs, which is where a lot of you guys want them, anyway.

If I weren't a complete weakling, I'd love to get into the ring against Leslie, a fellow employee at the newspaper. She'd surely be one of the toughest Graphic Art Designers ever to step in the Octagon.:blush:

182_lg.jpg

I love Marloes Coenen. She just seems like such a sweetheart and has a ton of heart. Not to mention she is a very well rounded fighter who can honestly contend with any female in the world, not named Cyborg. I am quiet upset Strikefore let her go, especially after a title fight, but whatever. Just another loss to their already dwindling roster.

As for women's MMA. I don't mind watching the ladies go at it. They produce some fantastic fights, Coenen vs. Carmouche for instance. However, I just don't think the talent pool is deep enough for women's MMA to really become relevant. I also just don't think the mainstream media would be receptive to women fighting in a cage, though I may be wrong about that. I just don't see women's MMA being anything significant anytime soon, if ever, which is kind of a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back