• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle's Theme Song

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.

Yes, I know I'm considered a fossil by most of the posters here (because I'm older than 30), but have any of you noticed where the beginning of Kurt Angle's theme song came from? I'm speaking of the synthesized noises that comes just before the beat kicks in. See if the beginning of this song sounds familiar:

(About the 0.25 mark)
[YT]sTFVMMCwsss[/YT]

This was a very popular 80's song that was on the soundtrack of (what I consider to be) the greatest scholastic wrestling movie of all time. No, not "Legendary"...

I'm referring to Vision Quest.

images

This was an extremely motivational movie about a high school boy with a dream of beating an undefeated, state champion and probably one of the most intimidating mofo's to ever grace a wrestling movie...

Brian Shute

images

Very fitting for a pro-wrestler who was formerly an Olympic gold medalist in real Greco-Roman wrestling.

It doesn't sound like it to me... but maybe there's a lot more stupid magic in there. I'll give it another listen.

EDIT: Not exactly... it's almost like a rock/rap remake, when it comes to the background music.

Angle's TNA theme music is atrocious with the lyrics. It was much better before sans doucher singing. And yes D-Man, Lunatic Fringe opener is there. I can't believe I didn't figure this out before.

I thought it was well known to be a Dale Oliver remake of Lunatic Fringe with the rap over it.

fun fact: The rapper in question is John Cena's cousin.

Tha Trademarc. Who also appeared at TNA's Hard Justice 2007 PPV as Karen Angle's then-boyfriend but then turned out to be in cahoots with Kurt all along. And people think TNA's stories of today are screwy.

This was a very popular 80's song that was on the soundtrack of (what I consider to be) the greatest scholastic wrestling movie of all time. No, not "Legendary"...

I'm referring to Vision Quest.

images

This was an extremely motivational movie about a high school boy with a dream of beating an undefeated, state champion and probably one of the most intimidating mofo's to ever grace a wrestling movie...

Brian Shute

images

Very fitting for a pro-wrestler who was formerly an Olympic gold medalist in real Greco-Roman wrestling.

Aw man, Vision Quest - absolute classic, I've it on VHS from back in the day and also have the (vinyl) soundtrack! If I remember correctly it pretty much bombed mainly because of it's obvious similarities to Rocky and the Karate Kid and the fact it wasn't as upbeat (it had more of a small town All The Right Moves feel). Modine was brilliant in the lead, losing a major amount of weight long before Steven Spielberg knew who Christian Bale was. The soundtrack was top notch too, a real 80's who's who - Madonna, Journey and Don Henley to name three. I'll have to go hunt our the tape I've it taped on, it's been way to long. Definitely a great inspiration for Kurt's theme, and to think I thought he'd just went for anything that people couldn't chant 'You Suck!' to!

Is it me or is Angle's current theme quite bad. It doesn't suit him. His WWE theme is fantastic though. One of the best themes ever.

kurt actually appears on the cover of this hardcore rap/metal group's cd...the name of the band was called EMMURE...it is a pretty hardcore group of performers...not a bad group though...

Is it me or is Angle's current theme quite bad. It doesn't suit him. His WWE theme is fantastic though. One of the best themes ever.
you mean the one he stole from The Patriot Del Wilkes? Yeah, that theme was awesome.

If only Kurt would use that again.... (and by use that again, I mean use it in again by coming back to WWE).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back