Konnan

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
Probably not the most discussion prone topic, but I was wondering what people thought of Konnan's run in WCW. I personally loved him in The Filthy Animals and NWO factions. Not the greatest in ring, but definitely good, and his voice just has leadership behind it. Anyone have an opinion on Konnan?

Konnan's WCW run was decent at best...
The wolfpack put him on the map but the filthy animals was forgetablte...

In ring I think he was 6\10 although he did in fact teach Bret Hart the sharpshooter years before Bret's WWF title reigns...

I liked Konnan MUCH better in Tna as the don of the LAX...

I for one think Konnan was amazing. He had great mic skills, pretty damn good wrestling skills, and very knowledgable about the business.

But for Konnan the big difference maker in his mainstream career lies with one fault WCW made. They should have never cut Konnan's first(and I believe last) United States title reign short by having Flair take it off of him. Flair didn't need the belt and the fans were starting to really react to Konnan. I think a lengthy strong booked title reign could have been the difference between Konnan floating in the lower mid-card and being a main eventer. I truly believe Konnan could have definitely worked his way there. Then again this all happened around the time NWO was starting so he probably would have got lost in the shuffle anyway.

Did Konnan have a pretty good career regardless of that situation. Sure he did but he could have been so much more. He was a huge part of the Wolfpac's popularity. The fans ate him up with his promos and getting the crowd to repeat after him. Hell he had his little rap career going to almost getting the fans just as excited about it as they were for Cena rapping. I thought the Filthy Animals was a hell of a stable too. I like the way they were with the first line-up(Konnan, Guerrero, Mysterio, and Kidman). They showed a lot of charisma and played the perfect counterpart to the West Texas Rednecks and Revolution.

In the end I thoroughly enjoyed Konnan and felt that he was greatly underrated and misused. I think even in TNA they had a Main Eventer in Konnan but never used him to his full effect. Oh well that's my opinion. Good thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back