• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Konnan and Ron Killings Quit TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Ron Killings and Konnan both quit TNA tonight before the TV tapings in Orlando. Both will be working for AAA in Mexico according to The Wrestling Observer

More later.

Wow this is not that shocking really as Killings has been wanting out of TNA for awhile and well Konnan has told TNA several times that he is going to AAA by the years end. Anyways Killings hasnt been on TV in a long time and really TNA had no direction for him anyways so that was no surprise. The only that sucks was that Konnan was the mouth piece for LAX, but his lost wont be much as Homicide and Hernandez can work the mic then LAX can survive but here the big question will TNA get ride of LAX now? I dont think so but it could happen

thats bad for LAX, konnan was a real good mouthpiece for them, i dunno how good as heels there gonna get over. i would like to see konnan in wwe at one point when he is able to wrestle again, he was another underused guy in wcw that should have been past an nwo lacky. hopefully a run with rey mysterio and i would like to see them as heels, rey i dont believe has ever been a heel.

truth killings never fit wwe i dont think he would now, although he is talented, but TNA has lost a couple of good talents........G/L too them

Theres nothing to worry about, homicide is damn good on the mic. I could see them turn hector guerrero heel and join lax. As for killings, he aint gonna be in the wwe because of the cena incident but i could see him in AAA.

This sucks but I knew this would happen eventually. Killings has been wanting out and they didn't know what to do with him. Konnan said he was more into AAA so I knew that would come to. Their pretty big names but this isn't really a huge blow to TNA it'll just get rid of someone they really underused and a guy that anymore just cut promos for LAX. I think Homicide and Hernandez will be able to work the mic fine though and LAX will still be good without Konnan.

This is wonderful news! TNA lost 2 great talents, Killings who is a good heel and some legit in ring talent, he could have easily been used other than Backlund. Konnan has the best mic skills in the business, he MADE LAX with his killer promos, and without him they may fall off! Now with them gone LAX is gonna suffer without that great mouthpiece and loose another good in ring talent. This maybe the beginning of a huge jump, TNA should have used them more but didn't, and it's their lose.

Can't say I'm surprised over Killings. He was unhappy for a long time and TNA basically ignored him in favor of the flavor of the month. Y'know. Christian, Sing, Samoa Joe, Angle. He needs to go to AAA and maybe Japan and hopefully after a while TNA or WWE will have something for him. As for Konnan, this was a surprise as his days as an active wrestler are pretty much over. However, there wasn't much for him to do in a non-wrestling role. Add to the fact that he is God to lucha libre fans and will probably have his surgery down there and it's not hard to see why he's going. I wish both of these talented performers the best.

not surprised by either quitting really, and to be fair i cant say i am too bothered.

Killing's was quite a big loss but the writers had no use for him, and to fair as good as he was sometimes i found him to be quite stale, both on the mic and in the ring; on the other hand he had some great matches in TNA. I can presume he may be back in TNA at one point or another down the line, and at least he is off to AAA so he wont be buried in WWE.

Konnan, shit, that is a loss, LAX owe there current fan base to the strength of Konnan's promo's and TNA owes alot to Konnan both behind the scenes and on screen, but he has been talking about staying down in AAA for a while and it was becoming obvious from reports we kept hearing that his heart wasnt in TNA, it was in AAA.

LAX will survive just fine without him Homicide has great mic skills, and i can see a hector gurrero heel turn asap and a feud with with the team of rhino and senshi (i was well shocked how good that worked at slammiversary).

Holy shit man. I was not expecting this. Ron Killings I could understand because they haven't used him in ages, but Konnan? Fuck I didn't know that he was leaving already I mean...damn there goes one of the main reasons I tune into iMPACT! every week. Konnan is a legend of wrestling and anytime he opens his mouth wrestling-promo gold falls out. Not to mention his amazing in ring skills that we haven't been able to see in TNA for a long ass time now.

But damn this sucks. One of the original guys to build TNA into a real force (Killings) is gone and so is probably the all time greatest Mexican wrestler. Damn shame. This is bad news for LAX, hopefully TNA can either find a new mouthpiece or give Homicide the mic, he's not too bad on it. But either way this is a blow to LAX. There goes the Hector Guerrero-LAX storyline I was digging so much.

It seems like these days everyone wants out of TNA. Well, this was a huge loss but shit happens as TNA lost 2 valuable stars..

More Details On Ron Killings & Konnan Leaving TNA
06/20/2007 by Ryan Gray

Source - PWInsider

In the early morning hours it was reported that both Konnan and Ron Killings had quit Total Nonstop Action wrestling. We now have more details on the situation.

Yesterday morning Konnan change his scheduled flight home and left Florida at 7:00 a.m. ET. Apparently his release was granted by the company.

Ron Killings was not backstage or scheduled to appear in Orlando for the iMPACT tapings last night. He had requested his release prior to the Slammiversary pay-per-view in Nashville over the weekend. At this point, we have no confirmation that his request was granted. Killings returned to the ring at Slammiversary for the first time since undergoing knee surgery but is said to have been very unhappy with his situation in TNA.

Emerging details..

i think loosing ron killings is bad i think loosing elix skipper is even worse if tna gets a 2 hour show i think ron killings can find his place again

Hmm, kinda hum on this one.

Konnan: I'm kinda glad he's gone honestly. I really never cared for his ring work in WCW. I always thought he was a bitchy whiny thug really. He didn't get his way, so he bitches about it. He has very good mic skills, and has helped keep LAX over, but I think LAX is far enough along now that if given a proper push, they can survive without him.

Ron Killings: This one sucks. The guy was going to have natural heat when he came back, just because of the Cena Airport situation. They could have played that off so well. The guy is amazing to watch in the ring, and it's just a shame he has been very underused as of late.

I 2nd wishing it was the James Gang quitting.

Well for Konnan was nothing more than a mouth peice for LAX. But as time went on Homicide and Hernandez really got over with the fans with thier in ring work. Konnan was a great mouth peice but i have a feeling that homicide will speak up for the group and they are still over if TNA managment gives them a chance. Konnan can go to Mexico and do his thing there as he not the same wrestler he once was and if anyone was to hold LAX back that was konnan as his beef with TNA managment.

Dealing Killings, i dont have much to say on the subject as that he was talented but never really impressed me in the ring. As we saw he was overlooked everytime TNA got a bigger star or created a bigger star like Joe he was pushed aside. Right Ron has no wrestling future in the states as WWE would not want as if they did they would want him as a jobber, which as in TNA he was becoming.

But best of luck to both men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back