• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KJ Noons

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
K.J. Noons has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce, Sherdog.com has learned from sources familiar with the negotiations.

The former EliteXC champion could make his lightweight debut for the promotion at Strikeforce “Evolution” on Dec. 19 in San Jose, Calif., although Noons’ return is likely for Strikeforce’s Jan. 30 event in Sunrise, Fla.

Noons was stripped of his EliteXC 160-pound title in September 2008 during a contract dispute. EliteXC and parent company Pro Elite closed its doors shortly afterward and the Hawaiian-born fighter delved back into professional boxing, going 4-1 in the last year. Noons earned a six-round decision over Julio Perez on Nov. 10 in Houston.

The 26-year-old kickboxer has key MMA victories over former UFC contender Yves Edwards and Nick Diaz, who also remains in Strikeforce’s 170- and 185-pound ranks. Noons bested the mouthy Stockton, Calif. native with a second-round TKO on cuts in September 2007. Words between the fighters and their families ensued in the cage, but a rematch never materialized.

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I just read this on Sherdog.

KJ Noons is another great addition to the vastly improving Strikeforce roster. Noons a great young fighter and will be a great addition to the Lightweight division. This only makes the Lightweight division that much more deep and is great news seeing as the lightweight title will be defended in the near future. It gives another credible contender for the belt.

Noons is a very good and dangerous fighter and regardless of how you feel about his controversial win over Nick Diaz he has proven he can win big fights. Look no further then his fight with Yves Edwards. I for one cannot wait to see him in a Strikeforce ring.

With Noons' boxing and Takedown defense, I think he could dominate Strikeforce's Lightweight Division.

HOWEVER, before he does that, he needs to beef up to 170 and fight Nick Diaz again. Noons has talked a lot of shit during his stint in boxing about Diaz, and now it's time to put up or shut up. If Noons FINALLY gives Diaz the rematch he rightfully deserves, then I will start liking the guy (especially when he gets his ass kicked because of it). But, until then... he will remain a pussy in my eyes.

But yeah... even so, still a great pick up for Strikeforce. A Diaz/Noons rematch is money, and I think Noons can be a huge draw for their LW Division. He's got a great look, and he bangs. He very well could end up being a 155 version of Urijah Faber. Before that can happen though, he needs to step up and give Diaz his rematch.

I really enjoy that Noons finally came to his fucking senses. Don't get me wrong, I don't love or hate the guy (whereas I can't stand EITHER of the Diaz brothers). Noons upsets me because he was a guy who was on a roll and was wrecking his competition. I only hope that his time off didn't give him cage rust because of the tentative matchups that Strikeforce can provide. I'd love to see him rematch Nick (hopefully to turn Nick's face into Swiss cheese again) or fight Gilbert or Josh. There are plenty of opportunities for solid, quality fights for K.J. Just for shits and giggles, I'd like to see a rematch between Noons and Krazy Horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back