• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kingdom Come - Teach N' Kurtesy vs. Second Coming vs. Heavy Artillery (Tag Titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
KC-Tag.jpg

The Tag Team Championship will be on the line as Teach N' Kurtesy will face off against the double threat of Second Coming and Heavy Artillery. Second Coming won the Tag Team Tournament to get their shot while Heavy Artillery got added in by pinning Steven Kurtesy in a Six Pack Challenge at the Megashow. Will the Champions be able to keep hold of the gold? Will Second Coming be the only team in WZCW History to hold the titles under a second reign? Will Heavy Artillery win their first ever championship reign? Expect fireworks in this encounter.

Only one RP is allowed for this match

Deadline for this contest is Tuesday 16th February 23:59 EST

The scene is completely black. Nothing can be discerned through the dark, but a dull, rhythmic thumping can be heard in the background. The beats continue for ten seconds, about one every second, echoing slightly. Suddenly, on the eleventh second, a guitar chord cuts through the air and a flash of light briefly illuminates the stage. They fade away as quickly as they come as the thumping continues. After another seven seconds, the light and guitar chord return, accompanied by the crash of a cymbal. As they fade away, a dull murmuring can be heard, as though a choir is speaking in rhythm with the beats.

???: Fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it, fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it.

The choir continues their odd mantra and the beats grow louder and more insistent. The choir gets louder and louder with each passing second. Suddenly, a tearing guitar chord rips the air as a body suspended by a noose falls from the rafters and a spotlight illuminates it and the surrounding the stage. The thumping and the choir abruptly stop as the camera pans up from stage level. Slowly, we see the silver and black pants, the gloves, the jacket…and then we come to his face.

It is Max Karzai.

The crowd starts up again.

Crowd: Fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it, fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it…

His eyes snap open.

Crowd: Fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it, fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it.

He reaches up…

Crowd: Fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it, fight for it, lie for it, kill for it, die for it…

…And tears the noose off his neck as the stage is flooded with light and the crowd roars.

The rest of the band emerges from the curtain at the back of the stage and begin playing. The song is dark and pounding, relentlessly moving forward like a runaway train. The crowd continues murmuring words known only to them as Karzai stretches a hand to the sky. A microphone made out of bones and a skull drops from the ceiling, and Karzai begins his song, speaking in rhythm to the instruments being played around him.

Karzai: Blood…and gold…
The men are on their way. They’ll rue the day they came my way…I’m chaos…in the flesh. I’ve fought so hard and for so long, this is where it all leads. I cannot stop the wheel of fate but I must learn to CONTROL!

Crowd: We are your hope. We are control. We keep you safe. We are your hope. We keep you safe. We are control.

Karzai: There is a fire in the sky and their doom will rain down. They will fall, as all will fall, and we will be the only ones left standing. We are the ones who will rise against. We are the ones who will…fly. We will rise above this fire, the fire for the blood…and gold.

The wood beneath his feet glows red with heat and begins smoking. As the guitarist and violinist enter an intense duet, the section of the stage they are on rise into the air. The stage beneath Karzai’s feet catches on fire and burns slowly.

Karzai: Do not test me. I will pass. Do not stop me. I will keep going. I will prevail. We will prevail.

The flames go higher and higher as the band plays faster and faster. The crowd is screaming the lyrics, like they are all possessed. The flames lick Karzai’s face as the music reaches a furious crescendo.

Karzai: This must be it. This must be the time, our time, our time to shine. Stand together with me as we ride into the darkness and blow this world TO KINGDOM COME!

There is a blinding flash of light, and Max Karzai is nowhere to be seen.

Scene abruptly ends.

The scene is a pub called The Third Shot in London, England. The camera shows the old worn and torn outside of the pub before quickly panning inside, where we find Jordan Lights sitting alone at the bar, and the only other person remaining is the bartender. On the television is the build up to Kingdom Come, currently on the tag team title match. Jordan however isn't watching, only listening.

With Karzai punching on Bowen outside the ring, Lights picks himself up, looks at Obsidius, then Kurtesy with a confused look on his face. Then he shrugs, picks up a dazed Obsidius and hits the Death Sentence on Obsidius and covers him 1... 2....3!

Harrys: Here are you winners, Heavy Artillery!

Kurtesy raises Lights’ hand in victory. Lights looks very pleased with himself and goes to walk towards the turnbuckle but Kurtesy pulls him back by the arm and hits a Shock Method to Lights too!

Cohen: What an idiot! Does he want everyone hating him?

Connor: I think he’s trying to send a message to his potential opponents, Cohen!

Kurtesy rolls out of the ring of the ring as Karzai slides in and checks on his partner. Kurtesy walks backwards up the ramp, staring intensely at the men in the ring.

Jordan, sitting at the bar with 4 empty bottles and a 5th in his hand, begins to mumble aloud.

Jordan: Kurtesy!!!

The show goes to the next clip :

Seeing that Black is in trouble again, Phoenix quickly scuttles into the ring and lands a 450 kick to the back of Karzai’s head. Karzai immediately hits the canvas as the forceful impact to his head is evident. Black gets up and both men land the Final Judgement on Karzai. Black covers and as Lights sees it, he attempts to get into the ring and Phoenix lands a kick to his head to stop him. Black covers Karzai. 1…2…3

Harrys: Here are your winners, the team of Garth Black and Phoenix, Second Coming!

Copeland: A great match from these two teams. I am sure that William Teach and Steven Kurtesy will be looking on at their opponents.

Cohen: Speaking of, here they come…

From the top of the ramp, Teach and Kurtesy come running down the ramp and immediately into the ring. Black and Phoenix do not see them coming and are taken down by both of the intruders as they celebrate heartily. Teach and Kurtesy begin to attack Karzai too as he is left incapacitated on the canvas. Lights, who has mad a recovery comes into the ring and attacks Kurtesy. Teach comes over to help Kurtesy but Lights is proving to be a pest. Black and Phoenix get up and attack both of the intruders once more. Karzai gets up and joins in the fray as a huge brawl takes over the tag team division. As the fight escalates, Teach and Kurtesy seem to get the upper hand and upon throwing the rest of the competitors out of the ring, stand tall as champions inside.

Jordan again mumbles.

Jordan: Kurtesy!!!!

The next clip plays as Jordan takes a swig of his beer.

Jordan gets Teach up and locks him in a Northern Lights hold, he hits the first, followed by a second, he gets ready for the third, to complete his Light Sentence, but Teach wiggles underneath and gets him on his shoulders. He hits the Pinball Wizard and goes for the pin, while Kurtesy runs at Karzai who take each other out with a double clotheslines, 1…..2…..3.

Harrys: Here are your winners, the Tag Team Champions, Teach N’ Kurtesy!

Copeland: A battle of close encounters here, but the Tag Champions remain victorious and will continue to build momentum as they will await the rematch against Second Coming at Kingdom Come. But where do you see Heavy Artillery going from here Jack?

Cohen: Well Seabass, it will be rather hard taken to know that they have been proven to be the weaker team on this occasion, but much like Second Coming proved, it’s not always the first chance you need to make success. I’m certain that these guys will somehow get into that title match, one way or the other!

Jordan: Teach!!!

Phoenix slides in the ring and crawls to cover Garth. 1... 2... Garth kicks out.

Cohen: What was Garth thinking? This match and Heavy Artillery’s dreams would’ve been over.
Copeland: Perhaps it was instinctive Jack?
Conner: Phoenix appears furious over Garth kicking out.

Inside the ring Phoenix is yelling at Garth. Garth talks back. Phoenix pushes Garth and Garth pushes back. They start throwing fists and Garth has Phoenix against the ropes. Garth with a crossbody sends both of them over. Phoenix and Garth continue to fight outside the ring as Kurtesy stand on the apron and questions them. Meanwhile Heavy Artillery Irish whip Teach over the guardrail and slide in the ring. Kurtesy turns around and Heavy Artillery hook him and hit a double suplex into the ring on him. Karzai covers Kurtesy with Lights on top of him. 1... 2... 3.

Harrys: Here are your winners, Max Karzai and Jordon Lights.

Copeland: What and exciting finish, and what about Second Comings meltdown.
Cohen: This is outrageous. Garth choice single glory over his teams chances and Kingdom Come. Now three teams compete for the gold.

Conner: Eat your words Jack. Heavy Artillery are going to Kingdom Come. It should be explosive.

Jordan Lights, finally looks up from bottle in his hand, swirls around the beer.

Jordan: Down the hatch, no looking back!!

Jordan chugs the rest of the beer as the bartender makes his way over to him.

Bartender: Another beer sir?

Jordan: Sure, bring it on over. This'll be my last one though. Six beer for six men.

Jordan holds up the first bottle.

Jordan: First, to my tag team partner, the unluckiest of pairs, yet we've made it all the way to a shot at the champions. You've been strong since the beginning, and after our first match together I knew we could do it. You are a crazy rocker, and you've become an even better friend. The big night is almost upon us, and we are ready now more then ever. We will leave the ring as champ!!

Jordan picks up the second bottle.

Jordan: To one half of Second Coming, Phoenix. You are dork and twisted, yet methodical in the ring. I'll be watching for your swift kicks come Kingdom Come and I won't allow you to defeat us. You're all about fire , yet you're flames are about to be burnt right out as Heavy Artillery will stand tall at Kingdom Come.

Jordan picks up the next bottle.

Jordan: To the other half of Second Coming, Garth Black. You're riddles and rhymes make you mysterious, however, with the issues you two had on the Supershow, will you two be able to coexist at Kingdom Come? Or will frustrations spoil over and will you attack your own partner?

Jordan picks the other two bottles up.

Jordan: To Teach and Kurtesy, who over the weeks have made us earn our way into the match. It was no easy task, but we did it, and while you will probably say that it was due to the issues among Second Coming, we earned it, and worked hard to get to this match. Week in and week out, we have to deal with you two and your constant attacks and then flaming the ring. Now that the titles are on the line, I hope you are ready for this match, as you've got nowhere to run to. We've got you exactly where we want you, cornbread. Once inside that ring with Heavy Artillery and Second Coming, you will have nowhere to run.

The bartender returns with Jordan's last beer. Jordan cracks the top off and holds this one high.

Jordan: And this one, this one is for me. You see, Kurtesy, Teach, Garth, Phoenix, you have all brought about a change in me. Over the weeks, my frustrations have boiled over. I've been pushed one too many times in life, and this is the final strawberry. You've broken the camel's back, now be ready to deal with the phoenix that arises from the ashes. Everything will be going the way of Heavy Artillery on that night, and Teach and Kurtesy, you're dreams of walking in and out as champions is over. At Kingdom Come, be ready for the beatdown you are going to receive, and be ready to watch from the mat as Heavy Artillery leave the ring as the new WZCW Tag Team Chumpions.

Jordan chugs back the beer and sets down the empty bottle. As the camera fades out we hear the television once more.

Television : For the first time ever the WZCW Championship will be on the line in a Pure Rules match. Can Titus overcome the odds and walk away as the new WZCW Champion or will his emotions get best of him as Everest aims walk away with the gold still around his waist.

The scene is the lobby of a tall building. The camera turns towards two glass doors at the entrance. Teach and Kurtesy walk through the doors and the camera picks up on their conversation as they make their way across the lobby.

Kurtesy: You aren’t serious!

Teach: I’m dead serious. Grizzly bear.

Kurtesy: Any animal in the world, you would choose to hook up with a grizzly bear?

Teach: The way I see it, he’ll taste like honey, he’s warm and cuddly, he’ll protect me in times of danger, and when I need a break from the relationship, he’ll just hibernate.

Kurtesy: I’m sorry, but why do you keep saying “he”?

Teach: Oh come on. You have a 1,200 pound bear in front of you. Gender is going to be my LAST concern.

Kurtesy: Yeah but… still.

Kurtesy laughs, pushing the UP button to an elevator.

Teach: So... who is this guy?

Kurtesy: He’s an old University friend of mine called Dr. Dray. Back in the day, we used to laugh and taunt him about his crazy messed-up mind control inventions. Boy, did that bite us on the arse. He's a good bloke though, so he won't mind us being late.

Teach: Well we wouldn’t be late if we hadn’t stopped for all that cheese.

Kurtesy: What can I say? I like the finer things in life.

Teach: Err... you’re lactose intolerant.

Kurtesy: To the untrained rectum, sure.

The elevator makes a "ding" sound and the doors open. Teach and Kurtesy get inside the lift, facing the camera as the doors close.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The doors open on another floor. Kurtesy and Teach are seen walking down a brightly lit corridor. A nurse comes from some security doors briskly walking towards them.

Kurtesy: Excuse me miss, we have an appointment with Dr. Dray.

Nurse: Oh, sure. His office is just past the security doors I came through.

The nurse goes through another set of security doors as Teach and Kurtesy make their way over to the doors and try to open them, but they are locked.

Teach: They are locked.

Kurtesy: Thanks for re-establishing what the narration just described.

Teach: Damn.

Teach twiddles his thumbs as Kurtesy looks around. They wait for the nurse to return as Teach's expressions gets more and more morose. He finally snaps.

Teach: Well, I'm bored.

Kurtesy: Already? That's got to be a record.

Teach:
Let’s do something. Arm Wrestle?

Kurtesy: You’re kidding right? You know I’m stronger.

Teach: You have strong breath, sure. You’ve seen me giving Phoenix an Avalanche Landslide haven’t you? That takes strength.

Kurtesy: Oh? Did you miss me giving the Shock Method to Jordan Lights?

Teach: Oh come on. Phoenix is only billed as 213 pounds because he’s sensitive about his weight. He’s easily 300.

At that moment, the security door is unlocked by a patron on the other side. Teach and Kurtesy walks through the doors and follows the man who directs them to the correct place. The room that Teach and Kurtesy enter is small, with only a few chairs and a desk with a computer in it. However, in the corner is a bed which looks like a small MRI machine. Wires come out of every nook and cranny and lead to the computer. A man pops out from behind the machine wearing a lab coat and goggles.

Dr. Dray: Stevo!

Kurtesy: Whats up mate?

Dr. Dray: Oh not much, just the usual. Been keeping up with WZCW ever since you joined. I've really taken a liking to that Mr. Baller fella.

Teach: Oh, I didn't think he had any fans... So, are we ready to get started with the mind reading machine?

Dr. Dray: Well Teach, it’s not really a mind reading machine. It measures the electrical activity in your brain and we can interpret that quantitative data as a...

Teach: Sweet! A mind reading machine!

Dr. Dray: Right...

Kurtesy: C'mon Teach. We’re here for a purpose. Remember, if we find out whats going on in each others heads, we’ll understand each other better. Then, we’ll be the perfect tag team and we will be an unstoppable force at Kingdom Come.

Teach: We are anyway, Kurtesy. This is just so cool.

Kurtesy: Righto, I’ll go first then. Show you how its done.

Teach: Shotgun second!

Kurtesy gets hooked up to the machine as Teach plonks behind the computer screen and waits eagerly with Dr Dray.

Dr. Dray: Okay... remember, just try to relax and think of nothing at all. You won't be able to respond once the machine is turned on as we need to discover what your subconscious mind is doing when you’re not looking. I think Freud wa...

Teach: Yeah yeah, we all did Theory of Psycho-dynamics man, and I’ll be the last one to start dissing Jungian or Freudian theory, but seriously, you’re ruining the moment. Now shut up and lets get it started.

Dr. Dray sighs and turns on the machine. Both Dr. Dray and Teach put on some special goggles and the scene fades into the machine's interface, as if they were viewing an animus. Everyone's voice can be heard as new images appear. The first image to come up is of the tag team title. It has Kurtesy’s name firmly etched into it, and the gold shimmers in the light.

Teach: Sweet! I have one of those!

The image fades as a new one comes up. It’s of Jordan Lights. He is standing at the top of a cliff, with his arms outstretched. Kurtesy enters the picture and kicks Lights firmly in the gonads. Lights falls off the cliff as the image fades.

Teach: Kurtesy, we're not here to kill anyone. You're not AshLeigh FalKon.

Jordan Lights transforms into Garth Black who is still falling and Kurtesy jumps off the cliff after him. Garth hits the canvas of a wrestling ring and Steven performs an elbow drop onto him.

Teach: Yeah, right in his Black heart. Nice one, Kurtesy.

Dr. Dray: You know he can't hear you.

Teach: Good. It was an awful pun. you really have to Trevor Steel yourself against jokes like that. Oh that’s going in the book.

Teach whips out a notepad and scribbles down that awful joke. The next image is a fairly provocative one of Sandy Deserts. She is undressing as she rubs her body.

Dr. Dray: I'd love to give her an MRI.

Teach: Might be a good thing Kurtesy can't hear you right now.

The picture quickly morphs into the image of a cold shower. It then quickly jumps to baseball. Then its jumps back to a cold shower before jumping to a picture of Kurtesy’s grandmother in her pajamas. Teach laughs uncontrollably.

Teach: She’s not bad looking. (yelling to Kurtesy) I’ll grab her number off you!

The images start to flicker, static creeping in once in a while.

Dr. Dray: Ah, he’s getting tired. We should be seeing the final images. These are really deep memories, often associated with high levels of emotion.

The screen flickers, and images whizz past before finally focusing on a small boy. He is looking at himself in the mirror, and around his waist is a makeshift wrestling title belt. ‘Stevenn Kurtessy’ is written on the front in various shades of crayon. He is looking at himself proudly, saying the same thing over and over. The volume squeaks, the words unintelligible. The image fades.

Teach is quiet. A rarity some might say. His face is a stone mask, and he makes no sound. He deftly takes his gum out of his mouth and says in a disquieted tone

Teach: Put me in.

Once again, the first image to appear is that of a tag team title. The picture morphs after a short while, into a crown. The logo of Kingdom Come appears. A huge arena comes into the picture, with thousands of people shouting and holding Teach ‘n’ Kurtesy signs.

Kurtesy: Don’t tease me like that man. I want it to be Kingdom Come as badly as you do.

Max Karzai appears with a microphone and begins to sing. He tosses an air guitar over to him and they start rocking out with the crowd going wild. Teach gets bored quickly and knocks out Karzai with the air guitar.

Kurtesy: Just like real life.

The next image is a fairly provocative one of a Grizzly Bear. The bear is undressing as it rubs itself, growling.

Kurtesy: I should never have asked.

The picture quickly morphs into the image of a cold shower. It then quickly jumps to baseball. Then its jumps back to a cold shower before jumping to a picture of Kurtesy’s grandmother in her pajamas.

Kurtesy: Seriously, get off my grandma!

Images flick past quickly, reminiscent of the fast talking, faster thinking Teach. Some images are unfocused, as images of first kisses, first cars and first wrestling matches whirr past, sounds blasting out.

The last image finally appears. It is of William Teach, sitting alone in a dressing room. As the image zooms towards him, we see that he is crying. Kurtesy walks in and sits down. They begin talking, laughing, smiling. This may have gone on for hours or seconds, it cannot be seen from the image. The two men finally get up and face each other, before hugging. The image fades with both of them together, closer than brothers.

Teach and Kurtesy are back in the lift.

Teach: I need to ask you something.

Kurtesy: No, I don’t know any available Grizzly Bears.

Teach: Steve. I’m being serious.

Kurtesy turns to Teach, realising his partner has something important to say.

Kurtesy: Yeah?

Teach: When…when you were in the machine, I saw you. As a kid. And you were standing in front of the mirror. And you had a belt around your waist.

Kurtesy: (smiling to himself) Yeah. Yeah I remember that.

Teach: You were saying “One day, I’ll be a winner. I’ll be a champ” right?

Kurtesy: Yeah. How did you know?

Teach: Because I told my self that every goddamn day as a kid. Funny that, isn’t it?
Teach takes the title off of his shoulder and peers at his reflection in the gold. A smile creeps across his face.

Teach: You know what’s weird?

Kurtesy: You having the hots for my grandma?

Teach: Besides that. Whenever I looked at your screen, it kept flickering. It didn’t matter what you were thinking of, Kingdom Come, our opponents or Sandy or anything. You just kept thing back to-

Kurtesy: (interrupting) The tag team titles right? Yeah, you were exactly the same. Is that supposed to be symbolic for how much those titles mean to us?

Teach: (laughing) That’d be awfully cheesy. Good thing they don’t have cameras in this lift to pick that up.

Teach and Kurtesy look straight at the camera.

Kurtesy: Eh screw it. These titles are more important to us than anything in the world, you know it, I know it and Second Coming damn sure better know it. Heavy Artillery lucked their way into this match, so they’ll find out too. We are keeping these titles, and that’s it. No analysis needed, no lessons. We are the best in the world and we are leaving Kingdom Come with the titles around our waist.

Teach: Why is it that no one seems to think that we’re serious when we say that? You like to joke around your office, I like to joke around in the locker room. We generally enjoy making people laugh, making people happy. But do they honestly think we aren’t going to scratch, claw and bite our way to win? Do they honestly think we’re not going to put every ounce of blood sweat and tears into winning? Yeah Heavy Artillery, they've finally fought their way into the match. Yeah Second Coming, everyone's watched the battles with the Full House Daves before we got here. But at the end of the day, it means nothing. We are champions for a reason. We are champions because I know that we are going to leave everything out in that ring together. We are champions because we are going to die in that ring before the gold leaves our waist.

Kurtesy: We are champions because when we walk back to that locker room after the Pay Per View, after everyone has gone home and tucked their kids into bed, people are going to remember. They might not remember where the match was. They might not remember when it was, what the main event was, who the crowd cheered for or who else was in the goddamn ring. But when they look back at Kingdom Come, the one thing that will jump out at them will be when Kurtesy and Teach tore the house down and gave everything they had to keep those titles. Period.

Teach: And you know what else is weird?

Kurtesy: What?

Teach: This lift ride is taking forever.

The doors open and Teach ‘n’ Kurtesy walk towards the entrance.

Teach: It’s actually a shame that there were no cameras following us. That was a damn inspiring speech.

Kurtesy: Well, we're scheduled for an interview soon. Should be able to give a few words.

Teach: Screw that. Just do a generic one and we can go to the Cheese Festival.

Kurtesy: (laughing) We’ll see. And, hey man... I really enjoyed getting to know you a little bit more, fur and all.

The camera fades as they walk through the doors with the titles firmly around their waists, leaving as they entered, Teach ‘n’ Kurtesy, the Tag Team Champions, closer than brothers.

Inside of a locker room, stands William Teach already dressed to compete, fixated at his tag team championship he holds in his hands. Steven Kurtesy, sits with his elbows on his thighs hands clasped together covering his nose and mouth, gently rubbing his face. After a few seconds, he returns to lacing up his boots. Teach turns around with his championship and looks at Kurtesy.

Teach: Have you ever pondered what your championship belt looks like on your opponent? What type of thoughts would that insinuate?

Kurtesy finishes up with his boots and looks up at Teach.

Kurtesy: I'm not quite sure yet. We've only won championships, not lost them. Probably best to ask Second Coming, but I don't think they'd be inclined to give you an answer.

Teach: They wouldn't give you an answer either because all you do is "How does that make you feel?"

Kurtesy: You would not understand how much of my university studies revolved around pronouncing and executing that one line. Some people had to redo their second year because of that.

At that moment, a WZCW staff member with a clipboard and microphone headset knocks on the door and walks into the room.

WZCW Staff Member: Teach N' Kurtesy, your match is up next in five minutes. Would you like to follow me, please.

The staff member opens the door and signals for them to follow. Kurtesy stands up and picks up his championship belt placed inside his locker. He closes it and throws the belt onto his shoulder. Teach places a hand on Kurtesy's back and slightly pushes him forward. They head off down the corridor.

I know that you two know where the entrance is located, but considering this is Kingdom Come, management wants everything to run very smoothly. So, I've been sent here to make sure you get to the gorilla position on-time.

Teach: Why does their have to be animal references every time we're around?

Running footsteps can be heard growing louder as they seemingly approach Teach N' Kurtesy.

Kurtesy: I know. I mean, really the position should have been named after the old commissioner, Kangaroo Monsoon.

Teach: Was he before or after Major Massacre?

Hey guys, wait up!

They stop talking and turn around to see Leon Kensworth catching up to them. He goes over to the Staff Member panting and they whisper a short conversation, with Leon pleading and the Staff Member a little irritant. The Staff Member hesitantly nods and waits aside. Leon goes over to Teach N' Kurtesy.

Kurtesy: Ah, Mr Kensworthy! How are you doing?

Leon: I'm good, just getting some interviews done. And Kurtesy, for the thousandth time, there's no "y" in Kensworth.

Kurtesy: It sucks when somebody you have known about for a while and constantly had encounters with them doesn't know how to properly pronounce your name. You know who they are and always ready, but they seem to not fully understand you everytime. Isn't that a little annoying?

Leon: Yeah, it does tend to be like that.

Kurtesy: It's almost as if they don't care and they aren't prepared for you at all.

Leon: Yeah, you're right!

Kurtesy: Imagine how you feel everytime I have mispronounced your name, to me walking into this next match to defend our WZCW Tag Team Championships.

Leon wonders for a little bit, but ends up getting confused.

Teach: It feels like we have an edge, an advantage before even stepping foot into the ring. It's almost as if some of the work we have put into getting ourselves ready for this match has been reduced, all because our opponents don't fully grasp the concept of Teach N' Kurtesy being the champions.

Kurtesy: You see Leon, I too have been underestimated in this business. Most of my opponents don't give a damn about me and pass me off as nothing, just because I'm a doctor taking a chance to become a wrestler. Second Coming are like the rest of them. They have no idea who I am.

Leon: But Steven, you beat them for the WZCW Tag Team Championships. How would they not know who you are?

Kurtesy: Because Leon, how are you supposed to prepare yourself against someone when you don't even know what their name is? I mean, week after week, I've been referred to as so many people it's not even funny. One of my particular favourites is "Kurtsey." I know I'm quite chivalrous, but I don't go around wearing skirts and greeting people by giving them a Kurtsey. What do I look like, a Scotsman?

Teach: They're better than the Welsh, though. I think having to sit through anything related to Garth Black has prevented me from ever visiting that part of the United Kingdom. Watching the paint dry on growing grass in wet weather would be a lot more interesting than Second Coming.

Kurtesy: But alas, we find ourselves having to go against these two once again for the Tag Team Championships. Did they not learn their lesson the first time when the encountered Teach N' Kurtesy? Or are they too busy trying to find themselves a young lass to share those sweet, romantic moments with?

Teach: Yeah trust me, management do NOT like you hitting on the interviewers. The real question is, are they trying to compensate for their ineptitude to connect and Teach the people by forcing their beliefs and nonsensical propaganda? It seems like they can't get the job done to defeat us. So, they want to be more like us and adopt traits, very poorly at that, to even understand what we are about?

Kurtesy: Fact: Second Coming has never defeated William Teach. Fact: Second Coming cannot gain a victory against Steven Kurtesy without resulting to using a situation that arises once in a blue moon. Fact: It took Second Coming several encounters to win the titles, but only one chance for Teach N' Kurtesy to take the gold.

Teach: Although we've got nothing to prove, tonight we settle which team reigns supreme over the division and we will continue the trend set by the statistics.

Leon: Speaking of statistics, you two have only a 33% chance of retaining your championships because of the inclusion of Max Karzai and Jordan Lights as they fulfilled the stipulation set at the Megashow.

Teach: I seriously don’t get that. Sure it’d be 33% if we were... oh I don’t know, evenly matched? But since we’re the best tag team in the worlds right now, it’s closer to like... 89%

Kurtesy: How do you account for the other 11%?

Teach: A bear attacks us.

Kurtesy: Or seduces…

Leon: Uh guys... let's continue on with the interview, that staff member over there is getting a little impatient. How will Teach N' Kurtesy be able to legitimately prove themselves against Second Coming in being the best tag team in WZCW with Heavy Artillery running loose?

Teach: Ah... Heavy Artillery... a team who thinks they are a team. I mean come on! They’re team name doesn’t even make sense! If it was like... Jailhouse Rock it would be dece- Wait a second.

Teach scribbles down the name in a handy little notebook and motions for Kurtesy to continue.

Kurtesy: Let's have a look at the tracks records, Leon. Ever since these two have made themselves known in WZCW, there is no tag team match outcome that results them in winning without the referee's assistance. Heavy Artillery have faced us and we defeated them. They've lost against Second Coming when it mattered the most. Hell, if I wasn't the officiator for their match to even qualify them to face Second Coming, they wouldn't have even been considered a contender. I was the one who counted the pinfall and I was the one who knocked out Obsidius with the Shock Method for Jordan Lights to gain the victory.

Teach: When you are reduced to facing Doug ‘Crash and burn’ in a handicap match, you know you haven't got what it takes. They caught a lucky break last week when they fought their way into this match.

Leon: Surely it had to be more than luck because the Six Pack Challenge featured the same six men that tonight's title defense has. It is the closest match to a Triple Threat Tag Match, and they won.

Kurtesy: Heavy Artillery come out on top when it was every man for himself. Tag team efforts we're involved, but situations like Teach pinning me and Phoenix pinning Garth Black arose. Tonight, it's a whole different story. Heavy Artillery are just two random "singles" competitors who happened to share the same passion for a fast-food chain and decided to throw themselves into a tag team because they knew they weren't going to cut it solo.

Teach: For you to be considered a contender for these titles, you need to be a Tag Team, something which Heavy Artillery are not. To become Tag Team Champions, you need to be more than business partners and share something other than a common goal, which Second Coming fails in that department. There’s something more than just a friendship between me and Kurtesy. When we get in the ring, we aren’t just high fiving each other and taking turns in beating opponents up.

Kurtesy: Teach N' Kurtesy is like a family. To each other, we are mentors, protege's and equals. Our blood runs together through our veins and we have become one, yet two entirely different people. We go out there and perform in that ring as partners, nobody can halt us. And when it comes to crunch time, the blood will always be thicker than the water.

Teach: The Kingdom won't be coming for Heavy Artillery, nor will their be any Second Coming of the Tag Team Championships for Black and Phoenix. Fate...

Kurtesy: ... something we control in this division...

Teach: ... is not on their side.

Kurtesy: Tonight is the night of Teach N' Kurtesy, because at the end of it all, we will be standing in the middle of the ring with our hands raised high...

Teach: Still your WZCW Tag Team Champions.

The WZCW Staff Member is getting very anxious as he paces around looking at his watch. Leon notices this and ends the interview. He tells them to follow the Staff Member and Teach N' Kurtesy head off, pumped and ready for their match to give their opponents the ride of a lifetime.

Harrys (heard echoing from the arena): The following contest is a Triple Threat Tag Team match scheduled for one fall and it is for the WZCW Tag Team Championships!

The scene opens with the screen completely black. Within a couple seconds, a faint glimmer of light is visible in the distance. The light keeps coming closer and getting brighter. Finally, it comes close enough, and it is Phoenix with an otherworldly glow emitting from him. His face, hair, and clothing are all pure white. The expression on his face shows a calmness that has never been associated with The Eternal One.

The time for the final battle has finally arrived.

His voice has an intense edge, but shares the peace coming from Phoenix’s face.

Making it to Kingdom Come, the biggest show of the year, has made me really reflect on my career in WZCW. It seems my destiny has been becoming one-half of the WZCW Tag Team Champions with Garth Black. We have been to battle many times, both with and against each other. From the clashes against each other, to when I climbed the ladder to win the titles, to falling again and working our way to try to return to the top.

Challengers have come and gone as well. We began feuding in one of the greatest wars I have ever seen in wrestling against the Full House Daves. Our battles are the stuff of tag team lore. From there, we took on Teach and Kurtesy and Heavy Artillery. These guys are young, but they have the hunger and talent to make it far in WZCW. Just not farther than the Second Coming.

It seems like since Day 1, I’ve been fighting for these belts. This fight has given me the highest high and the lowest lows of my new life. And I wouldn’t trade those moments for anything.

So Garth, I know we had our differences last week, but there isn’t a man in the world I would rather have by my side going into this match. For all you fans out there, get ready for a great show and to see your new WZCW Tag Team Champions, the team of Phoenix and Garth Black, the Second Coming. Teach, Kurtesy, Lights, and Karzai, it will be an honor to step into the ring with you guys with the lights shining the brightest they will all year but I know that Garth and I will walk out champions because you will have to kill me to keep me down. The problem for you is, I'm already dead.

Phoenix begins glowing even brighter as he delivers the last part of his last sentence. He spreads his arms in his signature pose, and disappears into a column of fire.

We're backstage, and Becky Serra is waiting outside the locker room.

I am here waiting for Garth Black, but as I am not optomistic of actually getting an interview, I apologise if this is brief.

She knocks on the door, and Garth Black opens it

Wow you're actually going to talk to me!
Aha, Miss Serra, long time no see

Do you think you could answere a few questions?
Yes, but can I first make a few suggestions?

Suggestions? Suggestions like what
Like you should never have gotten that hair cut

Is that the best you can do?
I needn't raise my game talking to you

So have you more suggestions or is that it?
I've plenty more pearls of my obsevational wit

I suppose that I should humour you...
No, you really wouldn't have a clue

Have a clue about what, exactly?
Anything said matter of factly

Right, can I now have an interview?
Go on, I suppose it's overdue

But please don't use this chance to start rhyming
I'll know when to start, I've got perfect timing

I'd prefer it if you didn't ever start
I'd never deny the world my art

At Kingdom Come...
My will be done

Anyway, you get a shot at gold...
And you want to know how things might unfold

No, I'd like to know why you got the third team added
That question is as loaded as your bra is padded

Will you just answer it?
I acted as I saw fit

But at the cost of your team mate
Who I stopped was chosen by fate

But now there's an extra team involved
When we win, I'll be absolved

So you admit you were wrong?
No, I was right to be strong

But you cost Phoenix the chance to win!
But I saved my own skin

So your partner isn't important to you?
We weren't partners till the match was through

But it has significantly harmed your title chance
It doesn't matter, we can halt the Artillery's advance

So the Second Coming are still strong?
Yes, we'll win the titles for our throng

But you won't win for each other?
No he's my partner, not my lover

Your relationship's not on rocky ground?
The Second Coming will be double crowned

But, Phoenix, is he still your friend?
No, Second Coming is a means to an end

That's a callous thing to say
He'd say the same, it's our way

It's your way to not get along?
Yet again, you're totally wrong

But you said you didn't share a friendship
This is a strictly working partnership

Is that why you're never together backstage...
And yet in ring always on the same page

So you and Phoenix are as strong as ever?
and we shall instigate the Second Coming together

Right, now if we could talk about who you'll face
Both teams will be put in their place

Anything specific to say about Heavy Artillery?
I'll make them feel like they're in a pillory

Is that really all you're going to say?
We beat them before, we can keep them at bay

But the previous win wasn't for the gold
Their continued attempts are certainly bold

But you don't view either as a threat?
No, I'll beat Karzai without breaking a sweat

And what of Jordan Lights?
Day is overcome by Black nights

So the champions are your biggest fear?
No, but their beating will be more severe

Is that because they beat you before?
No, it's because they are all I abhor

So what will be your plan of attack?
Educate Teach and euthanise the quack

So no great encompasing speech?
My actions will speak louder than words on Teach

And what about Kurtsey, anything to say?
A Black at prey will keep the doctor away

I see, but can you be any more detailed?
In due course all will be unveiled

Any last thoughts on the match itself
Just to expect something off the shelf

And that concludes our time,
Thanks for not breaking into rhyme

It looks like your quite the poet,
But I doubt you'll ever know it

Black re enters the dressing room and closes the door behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online