King Booker leaving? Upset w/drug policy

Mad Metal

Getting Noticed By Management
http://www.pwheadlines.com/wwe_news/king_booker_leaving_wwe_batista_infuriated_more.shtml

-- There is a rumor going around noting that King Booker is serving a suspension, but there's a chance he could also be sitting out in protest, since his name didn't show up in SI's Signature Pharmacy case. Whatever the case may, it looks like he's going to be off television for a few weeks. Booker is said to not be happy with one of the new changes in the drug policy -- which shouldn't be too hard to figure out. He has not quit yet; however, he is unhappy and some say his heart is not in WWE all that much. Furthermore, Booker's real-life wife Sharmell is reportedly not "married" to the business and would have no problem walking away either. She'll stay as long as Booker stays in WWE. She wants to practice law and has been telling people that she wouldn't mind dropping wrestling to focus on that.

I actually believe lately King Booker is starting to get greedy by going on claiming he would quit if he were drafted to ECW, threatened to quit after being upset that the WWE didn't decide to use his promotion as a territory, going off complaining about being drafted to RAW with the assumption he will become a mid-carder again and now it seems as if maybe there's a drug that our king is afraid to let go of?

If this story indeed is true, this is reminding me of Kurt Angle when he got furious after getting suspended for drugs and decided to quit. Oh well, Booker had a decent career overall. It's time for new wrestlers to give pushes to instead of the superstars of yesterday.

I remember back in 2002 on WWF.com Booker T claimed he was planning on retiring in 2 - 3 years and now it's five years later and he's still here.

Thoughts?

I actually believe lately King Booker is starting to get greedy by going on claiming he would quit if he were drafted to ECW

Are you kidding me? If I was Booker and I was drafted to ECW I would quit too. Booker is probably to most under utilized superstar in the WWE. He knows how good he is and comes off as an arrogant prick for speaking his mind. Situations like this don't happen to veterans like Triple H and Shawn Michaels because they have so much political power backstage that moving from the "A" show just isn't going to happen.

Booker wants and rightfully deserves to be in a position like them. It's been reported that he wants to be able to sit in at production meetings and why shouldn't he? He obviously wants what is best for the business and I think his input both on and off screen would really help the WWE's situation of poor booking (pun not intended).

With Edge hurt and Triple H as a face, who can draw more heat that Booker? Randy Orton? No. The Great Khali? No. John Morrison? No. Each of them are currently (or was currently in terms of Morrison) the top heals on their respective shows. Booker was given the lime light on Smackdown by having a nice World Title reign. A guy with his in ring capabilities and personalities should be the Raw Champion, but I doubt that would ever happen. He would need a gimmick tweek for that to happen. Something like having his new gimmick be Booker T pretending to act like a King and having him break character to his Booker T gimmick whenever a confrontation occurs.

In case it wasn't clear, I am stating the a move to ECW would of been a slap to the face of Booker...and it would of hurt more now that he can't get stoned. :lol2:

Are you kidding me? If I was Booker and I was drafted to ECW I would quit too. Booker is probably to most under utilized superstar in the WWE. He knows how good he is and comes off as an arrogant prick for speaking his mind. Situations like this don't happen to veterans like Triple H and Shawn Michaels because they have so much political power backstage that moving from the "A" show just isn't going to happen.

Booker wants and rightfully deserves to be in a position like them. It's been reported that he wants to be able to sit in at production meetings and why shouldn't he? He obviously wants what is best for the business and I think his input both on and off screen would really help the WWE's situation of poor booking (pun not intended).

With Edge hurt and Triple H as a face, who can draw more heat that Booker? Randy Orton? No. The Great Khali? No. John Morrison? No. Each of them are currently (or was currently in terms of Morrison) the top heals on their respective shows. Booker was given the lime light on Smackdown by having a nice World Title reign. A guy with his in ring capabilities and personalities should be the Raw Champion, but I doubt that would ever happen. He would need a gimmick tweek for that to happen. Something like having his new gimmick be Booker T pretending to act like a King and having him break character to his Booker T gimmick whenever a confrontation occurs.

In case it wasn't clear, I am stating the a move to ECW would of been a slap to the face of Booker...and it would of hurt more now that he can't get stoned. :lol2:

Ironically, you're making it seem as if I'm saying he is being greedy ONLY because he threatened to quit if drafted to ECW, which isn't the case at all which questions if you took the time to read the remaining of my post. Actually, the part you quoted me on wasn't that big of a deal which who would want to drop to the "C Show" and who doesn't want fame? But I was just trying to make a point.

Well I remember the good ole days of Harlem Heat, Cane and Cole (not sure of the spelling). I really miss the old Booker T and I'm sick of King Booker. I understand not wanting to go to ECW though he could have ruled that brand for a long time feuding with Punk. I honestly don't know what to think here. I'd like to see Booker T around some more hitting the Harlem Hangover on people and spinarooney here and there but as far as this fan goes King Booker needs to be dethroned imo.

I agree. Now that he's lost the title of king to HHH, he should come back as just plain ol' Booker T, there to kick ass and smoke weed... and he's all out of weed (well, he's not really out of weed, he just can't smoke it anymore, so he's prolly sellin it to RVD and Sabu)

Booker's more focused now on his PWA promotion in Houston,Texas.He's had guys scouting talent all over the world& even wants to set up another on in South Africa.Its not just the ECW thing.WWE snubbed PWA as a possible developmental territory,so I think Booker took it personally& I would to.Granted its less than a year old,but why would they enter into talks with complete strangers instead of on of their own.I think Booker really isnt needed anymore.He's had he's much deserved WHC reign last year.I think he (as well as HBK,HHH,Kane,Taker) need to move on.

Booker may or may not be done in WWE.

If he is done with WWE I take it he will focus on his PWA promotion but if he still wants to show his craft to the world I figure he may go to TNA.

the problem is with every 1 saying that booker needs to drop the king act is that he won't he has already stated that he will probobly never work under booker t again because he believes that the king booker act has become a huge character and imo booker is annoying but i must admit he is one of the best wrestlers that we have so far but he is just old and we have all seen booker in wcw and wwe and he really hasn't changed much other than his look and maybe his ego.

Booker may or may not be done in WWE.

If he is done with WWE I take it he will focus on his PWA promotion but if he still wants to show his craft to the world I figure he may go to TNA.

When will noobs learn. this isn't the spam zone, STOP SPAMMING!

King Booker deserves to be on Raw. He is a highly capable wrestler even at his age, and he should be considered the top heel on Raw. Before you argue with that, name someone who is a better heel on Raw, and I'd love to prove you wrong. I hate the King Booker gimmick. And I think i should. He is a heel, and since i find him annoying, i think he's doing his job. I have said the same thing about Muhammad Hasheem, anyone who can annoy you is a good heal. That's my take on it. The Booker T gimmick can only be used as a face, IMO. It's much better that way. The pop the spin-a-roon-i gets, the way he comes out to the crowd, he gets nice pops as a face, i never thought that worked the same way as a heel. So, does King BOOOKAHHH need a gimmick change? I don't think so. Is he the top heel on Raw? I do think so.

Fuck, what superstar wouldn't quit ECW, that's like going from the Majors down to little league. I think Book should be given a push and unfortunetly he's probably going to flounder in the mid card of Raw making guys like HHH and Cena look good. I think both him and Kennedy got fucked over when they were brought off Smackdown, they were better off there.

I like the King Booker gimmick, when he gets angry he goes all Booker T anyway so its all good! Sharmel is the perfect foil to annoy the fans(like any heel should), and I would like to see Cena vs Booker for the title.

it would also be cool to have Booker with Lashley and make a new Nation of Domination, hell, Shelton could join with Haas as the "Owen" of the group. The WWE needs more factions, they had Nation of Domination, Ministry, the Corportation, DX, Hart Foundation the Oddities and of course, the JOB squad! :D

Not to mention AWESOME tagteams like the Hardys, Dudleys Edge and Cristian, New Age Outlaws, Rock n Sock Connection just to name a few.

Next the Edge, who's injured, and Triple, who's a face now, Booker is the best heel in the WWE. His reign as champion on Smackdown was the best since Eddie Guerrero and was far better than any of Batista's runs and defenitley better than Khali...by the way Khali F'N sucks.

On Raw there are so many possiblities of ways that they can use Booker. Booker v Cena, HHH, HBK, Lashley or even Jeff Hardy would all be good fueds. The only current heel on the Raw roster that could pull that off and make the fueds truely entertianing would be Kennedy, but always seems to f-up before a major push.

Maybe it will take Cena, HHH, HBK, Lashley, Orton, Kennedy, Batista, Taker, Edge, Rey, Kane, Punk, and anybody else who has been or contested for their brands championship to get suspened, injured, quit or become plan usely before Booker get to be the man on Raw. That's kinda what it took for him to become the man in WCW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back