KING BARRETT!! Road to Redemption?!

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
I guess we've discussed a plenty about Bad News Barrett about his mic skills, technical ability, skill set, charisma, appraisal and much more. It'll be only a few who wouldn't corroborate with our views on Bad News Barrett!

He isn't a Cody Rhodes who never gets connected with the crowd every time he's given a gimmick. He isn't a Ryback who got pushed to the moon just because of his looks. He isn't a Roman Reign who got the support of the Chairman and his family behind.

He's just a bare knuckle brawler from the streets of the counties in England. He's just an humble person who gave his spot to the returning Triple H to face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. He is just a guy with no legitimate support.

He had so many great opportunities to win the WWE Championship but never got any due to some injuries and some due to the back stage politics. The Intercontinental Championship reigns he had weren't memorable. Out of 5 he got one memorable reign and that too got screwed up by his injury.

Finally it seems like he got what he deserves. Even if the WWE never hyped the King of the Ring its still a prestige. He became the second British to get crowned after William Regal and third from the United Kingdom after Regal himself and Sheamus.

Is this the Road to Redemption for Wade Barrett? Can he possibly become the MainEvent guy once again? Will the WWE possibly take his talents into consideration and Push him to the MainEvent again?

Anyhow, I finally got something to say...
ALL HAIL KING BARRETT!

-Cesaro won the Andre the Giant battle royal and went nowhere afterwards
-Big Show won the same and lost at the next PPV
-Axel was given the honour of being a Paul Heyman Guy, now a jobber
-Sandow won the MITB and became a jobber until he made gold out of the scraps WWE gave him
-Drew McIntrye was Vince's chosen one, later joined 3MB
-Dolph Ziggler was the sole survivor in one of the biggest Survivor Series matches(in kayfabe), later had his face rubbed in Sheamus' Arse

There are many more examples as well but basically just because a guy got something that looks like a big achievement doesnt mean its a turning point for the better. This is the WWE and they can take things away from someone in an instant

-Cesaro won the Andre the Giant battle royal and went nowhere afterwards
-Big Show won the same and lost at the next PPV
-Axel was given the honour of being a Paul Heyman Guy, now a jobber
-Sandow won the MITB and became a jobber until he made gold out of the scraps WWE gave him
-Drew McIntrye was Vince's chosen one, later joined 3MB
-Dolph Ziggler was the sole survivor in one of the biggest Survivor Series matches(in kayfabe), later had his face rubbed in Sheamus' Arse

There are many more examples as well but basically just because a guy got something that looks like a big achievement doesnt mean its a turning point for the better. This is the WWE and they can take things away from someone in an instant

Well every year as a pre-show of Wrestlemania WWE used to have a Jobber's battle royal. They just renewed into the name of Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal! It's always been for lower mid carders and jobbers.

Paul Heyman guy name tag isn't much bigger than King of the Ring! And all the names you've just mentioned isn't as skillful or charismatic as Wade Barrett, except Ziggler!

Well every year as a pre-show of Wrestlemania WWE used to have a Jobber's battle royal. They just renewed into the name of Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal! It's always been for lower mid carders and jobbers.

Paul Heyman guy name tag isn't much bigger than King of the Ring! And all the names you've just mentioned isn't as skillful or charismatic as Wade Barrett, except Ziggler!

My point was not so much about great talents and great achievements but it was just saying that just because somebody in the WWE has something that should create momentum and boost them to the level, doesn't mean it will actually happen because alot of guys thought they got there break and went nowhere after it

My point was not so much about great talents and great achievements but it was just saying that just because somebody in the WWE has something that should create momentum and boost them to the level, doesn't mean it will actually happen because alot of guys thought they got there break and went nowhere after it

But WWE penned Bad News Barrett to win MITB last year and headline Brock Lesnar in some kinda potential match at Wrestlemania but unfortunately he got injured at the Wrong time! Now this might've been a time to give him an opportunity to get him back into the MainEvent Scene! There aren't any other stars in the MainEvent than They Authority, Randy Orton and Roman Reigns. So they could make him a Main Event star!!

Cheers!!

Barrett was a victim of WWE's usual fatal flaw of pushing every young guy WAY too hard, WAY too fast. Rather than a slow, steady build towards main event status, Barrett won NXT and was immediately headlining almost every PPV for the rest of the year and getting half a dozen WWE Championship matches. The Nexus damn near destroyed Barrett's career. Moving to SmackDown helped revitalize it, but it took a long time for Barrett to bounce back from his disastrous rookie year. The "Bad News" gimmick allowed him to show a new side of himself and take his career to the next level. Last year at this time Barrett was WHITE-HOT, and the company's chosen midcard babyfaces were consistently booed out of the building when they faced Barrett. Getting sidelined with injury really hurt his carreer again, hopefully King of the Ring will get him back on track.

Barrett was a victim of WWE's usual fatal flaw of pushing every young guy WAY too hard, WAY too fast. Rather than a slow, steady build towards main event status, Barrett won NXT and was immediately headlining almost every PPV for the rest of the year and getting half a dozen WWE Championship matches. The Nexus damn near destroyed Barrett's career. Moving to SmackDown helped revitalize it, but it took a long time for Barrett to bounce back from his disastrous rookie year. The "Bad News" gimmick allowed him to show a new side of himself and take his career to the next level. Last year at this time Barrett was WHITE-HOT, and the company's chosen midcard babyfaces were consistently booed out of the building when they faced Barrett. Getting sidelined with injury really hurt his carreer again, hopefully King of the Ring will get him back on track.

In my opinion, he is a kind of guy who could be pushed to the moon as soon as his debut, like Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho (in WWF/E). He had tons of experience in Bare Knucle brawling, Wrestling and Sports Entertainment! That's the reason why I thought so..

Cheers!!

But WWE penned Bad News Barrett to win MITB last year and headline Brock Lesnar in some kinda potential match at Wrestlemania

You seriously cannot be this naive, can you? Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Just because you believe Barrett is a "star" doesn't mean many others do. Frankly, until his Bad News Barrett gimmick really took off, he had done absolutely nothing to impress me. He had one decent feud against Orton for the IC Title and that's it.

And frankly, because his most over time was when his Bad News gimmick took off, I'd say winning KOTR might be a bad thing, because they might get away from BNB and make him a generic heel yet again.

The WWE have been stopping and starting way too often recently with the pushes of the Cesaro winning andre battle royal and Reigns winning royal rumble etc only to hault pushes completey a couple of week later even guys like Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel lately seemed to look promising for a while then end up comedy jobbers.
Historicaly except for a couple of examples I think most king of the ring winners have went on to some kind of career progression from winning it so I guess we will have to wait and see.

He isn't a Cody Rhodes who never gets connected with the crowd every time he's given a gimmick. He isn't a Ryback who got pushed to the moon just because of his looks. He isn't a Roman Reign who got the support of the Chairman and his family behind.

Your wrong on ALL of this.
Barrett had a bigger push than all those people mentioned and he failed to actually GET OVER. Yes the Nexus was over but Barrett, by himself was not.

Cody Rhodes is always over. He gets over everything he is asked to do. He was more over just from growing a mustache than Barrett has been in years.

Barrett is a good talent, I like that he continues to improve and he no longer has the appeal of wet, white bread BUT let's not get ridiculous here; Cody is better than Barrett, Reigns is better than Barrett, Ryback is equal to Barrett.

Dude has had 1000 pushes since he came in, the E never have up on him and kept repackaging him so let's not act like he some underdog overachieving. I hope the KOTR works and he finally stays healthy so they can make him WHC 16 times like they did with Edge. It's apparent that Barrett is one of their favorites just like Edge was

wwe give lots of push than ziggler. he failed to capitalized or injured in wrong time. his kotr win is not worth when compared to last few kotr winners. last time sheamus lost most of all matches as king sheamus and get rip of that gimmick and became Celtic warrior.
so I not interest in bnb kotr gimmick. he lost to every match as king barrett.

This has potential. Sure it's another gimmick change for Barrett but maybe this is his last shot. Maybe Vince and HHH finally just said it's all or nothing. Either Barrett becomes the top heel he has always threatened to be or he is a full-time enhancement for upper-mid card guys.

His injuries have held him back. The Nexus thing was magical but, ultimately, it came too soon. Modern day Barrett is a natural both in the ring and on the mic. Plus he has a great look.

Barrett is pretty good at portraying an asshole. He says things that make the entire crowd hate him and the king gimmick can only add to that. I'd consider giving him a stable of guys to do some of his bidding for him. Kind off what like Booker did. Someone like Swagger comes to mind. Otunga could do the Sharmel role. Maybe Blake and Murphy too. Just an ordinary group of guys that look like they would bow down to a king and have zero chance of upstaging him. They could save that for the long run.

I'm definitely interested to see what they do. I think he is filming a movie soon so maybe they film a few promos in the mean time. Indeed, he said he is going back to England so there are some very obvious ones of him in London. Ultimately, I think this will move him up the card but not to the very top. He probably won't be a World Champ but he might be a more credible opponent for the top good guys.

He was my pick to win from the beginning and he's from England with a huge heritage of kings and queens. I hope they have him stick with it at least until Wrestlemania next year because it's a great opportunity to build another big star. And I hope he goes back to saying "I'm afraid I've got some bad news!" because that was fun to hear it and it's a catch phrase anyone can imitate in that British accent!

I fear this win is just to make him jobber to the stars, so others can beat the King of the Ring. The Rush job on this program makes it stink of that. If they're trying to keep the free subscribers they onboarded in April, why didn't KOTR air on the weekend or next week or any day May 1 or later? This feels rushed to give Barrett some steam after losing to Neville at Extreme Rules.

I don't mean to come off as pessimistic, but every time they go to push this guy, he jobs. He has forgettable title reigns, loses, and others kick out of the Bullhammer. I want to see Barrett pushed because he has the look and the mic skills that every one enjoys about him. WWE seem bent of giving this guy a scrap, then making him look stupid as if it will help him generate heat.

The KOTR winners since the event stopped being annual haven't faired that well. Booker probably did the best, winning the world title in 2006. Regal won it basically to put over CM Punk in my opinion. His wellness violation set him back, he wound up returning to win the IC title then to lose to Punk who he was feuding with during the tournament. Sheamus just lost after winning it, won the US title then started wearing red, white, and blue and dropped the king thing.

Again, I'm usually more of an optimist, but fool me once WWE, shame on you. Fool me twice? I want Barrett to be one of the top heels but there's a lot working against him. I wish him the best, and I hope KOTR is the start of redemption, but history is doomed to repeat itself.

Barretts KOTR victory sadly likely means very little. I'm dismayed that WWE haven't presented this as "the winner gets a title shot later down the line" to add more pressure on Rollins, which tells me that all this is for is to elevate Barretts standing to make him more worthwhile to job out.

Barrett likely won't amount to much moreally than what he is in WWE, much like Ziggler, stardust, and the other host of stars that are great in the ring and have it all...barring the right backing.

I guess we've discussed a plenty about Bad News Barrett about his mic skills, technical ability, skill set, charisma, appraisal and much more. It'll be only a few who wouldn't corroborate with our views on Bad News Barrett!

He's just a bare knuckle brawler from the streets of the counties in England. He's just an humble person who gave his spot to the returning Triple H to face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. He is just a guy with no legitimate support.

He had so many great opportunities to win the WWE Championship but never got any due to some injuries and some due to the back stage politics. The Intercontinental Championship reigns he had weren't memorable. Out of 5 he got one memorable reign and that too got screwed up by his injury.

Finally it seems like he got what he deserves. Even if the WWE never hyped the King of the Ring its still a prestige. He became the second British to get crowned after William Regal and third from the United Kingdom after Regal himself and Sheamus.

Is this the Road to Redemption for Wade Barrett? Can he possibly become the MainEvent guy once again? Will the WWE possibly take his talents into consideration and Push him to the MainEvent again?

Anyhow, I finally got something to say...
ALL HAIL KING BARRETT!

He got a shot. KOTR used to be a big deal. But knowing WWE this may just be a way for him to get the IC title again. I'd just love for Barrett to stay healthy long term. He got the look, the talent and fans behind him.

He got a shot. KOTR used to be a big deal. But knowing WWE this may just be a way for him to get the IC title again. I'd just love for Barrett to stay healthy long term. He got the look, the talent and fans behind him.

Yeah health! That's the only thing that he should be concerned about now. But he looks better than ever. His physique is awesome! He got more agile and his moves looks better than ever (Except the time he botched a Powerbomb on Dolph Ziggler). I wish he wins the WWE WHC title in a year or so..

Cheers!!

Yeah health! That's the only thing that he should be concerned about now. But he looks better than ever. His physique is awesome! He got more agile and his moves looks better than ever (Except the time he botched a Powerbomb on Dolph Ziggler). I wish he wins the WWE WHC title in a year or so..

Cheers!!

Oh he's not going to win the WHC belt in a year. Look at the roster in front of him, Cena, Orton, Reigns, Rollins and Lesnar. There is no way McMahon will jump Barrett over all of them. Plus you have Ambrose, Ziggler and the rest of the upper mid card chomping at his heels.

I have no idea why they even brought KOTR back in the format they did,. It doesn't seem to have accomplished anything but filled an episode of RAW. I would have felt much better if a title shot would have been part of the prize, but it wasn't.

Barrett is great and I really like him, but I just don't see what winning this will do for him, if anything. You would hope it would elevate him a little over the rest, but it remains to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back