• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander?

jmt225

Global Moderator
This is the rumored fight to co-headline UFC 107.

Do you want to see it happen? Why or why not? And what would be your prediction for the fight, if it were to happen?

.......................................................................​

I, for one, would definitely like to see this match-up.

It'd be a stand up war, with the crowd going insane. It's everything you want in a fight. Sure, neither guy has a ground game to save their life, but so what? Let's get some entertainment out of the two before they both go on really long losing streaks.

Also, Kimbo moving down to 205 would be a very smart move, in my opinion, and one I think he could easily make. He has a much better shot at surviving the UFC talent roster in the Light Heavyweight Division.

Now, as far as my prediction goes, if this does indeed happen... I'm leaning towards Kimbo. Houston's chin is questionable, and I think he's a little too impatient. Someone like that, who wants to stand up and strike, works in Kimbo's favor, big time. However, at the same time... it would be hard to count Alexander out. While he's the things I mentioned above, he's still also heavy handed and very explosive and I don't think we've seen Kimbo against someone like that yet, who's willing to strike with him anyway.

All in all, I think it's a really, really interesting fight; one that would draw a shit load of buys, and one that could possibly end up being a FOTY candidate and/or contain the Knockout of the Year. Like I said.... my fingers are crossed for this going down. How about you?

It's the perfect first fight for Kimbo in the UFC.

Let's face it, Dana wants to be able to sell him as an attraction. I'm sure Kimbo is working on his ground game everyday so that he no longer has any more embarrassing situations where he can't even get out of the most basic ground grapples. James Thompson and Roy Nelson were both able to just pin him down and keep teeing off on him until Kimbo was saved by the bell. Both times were gifts by the referee where in most cases the fight would have been stopped.

The fact that Houston Alexander has no ground game at all behooves Kimbo here. It would definitely be a standup war, and definitely a fight that does not go past the first round. Alexander at one time was nothing to sneeze at, he's got a lot of power, and he has beaten Keith Jardine. However, his last 3 UFC fights were really embarrassing losses for him, and he might be fighting for his UFC career here. Dana loaned him to some smaller promotion last month mainly to see if he still could win a fight. He won, but the guy he beat has also lost to Abe Wagner (the guy who got his ass kicked in the first episode of TUF), and a career record of 11-15. Considering James Irvin was able to knock him out in 8 seconds, I think he's definitely beatable. I personally think it would be great if Kimbo were able to utilize some ground and pound on Alexander here too, assuming he's been working on his ground game.

I'm not sure if this fight happens at 205. Houston Alexander apparently fought that fight last month as a heavyweight.

I would say Kimbo by first round knockout. This fight is primarily going to be a way to start the Kimbo hype machine.

I'd definitely want to see this fight, but it's really kind of insulting to UFC fans if this does happen. Dana has been preaching about how Kimbo will never be in the UFC unless he wins The Ultimate Fighter, and he's already lost that. It was obvious from the speech Dana gave after Kimbo lost that he never had any plans of not letting Kimbo into the UFC, so for him to sit here and continue to play this game about how Dana only allows the elite into the UFC and Kimbo isn't one of those elite is just insulting. Your audience isn't stupid Dana, they know you're trying to capitalize on the popularity of Kimbo Slice. Just fucking admit it and we won't have this problem.

The fight itself could be pretty entertaining though. Does Kimbo deserve to be on a UFC PPV? Nope. But I'd still love to see it. I think Houston would likely win though, Kimbo looks like he may have more powerful striking but it's nothing Houston hasn't faced before. Could be entertaining though.

Gotta say I would love to see this fight. I am not a fan of either man but I am a fan of fighters who stand and bang and thats exactly what this would be. Both have great hands and are as strong as oxes. I think Kimbo probably has the better hands and will be more patient which will get him the win in the end. This fight goes no more than 3 minutes. Winner-Kimbo Silce by knockout.

On a side note, wouldnt it be hilarious if Kimbo or houston took the other one down and subbed him? Id love to see that.

I'm predicting that Kimbo will win in a first round knockout. But Slice is facing a very beatable fighter. Slice will only be a spectacle who knocks out guys like Alexander. If Kimbo ever faced someone like Mir or Lesnar he would lose in the 1st round easily.

Hey guys, just want to let everyone know that this fight is now set in stone for the Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale, which airs free on SpikeTv on December 5, 2009. The bout will be contested at a 215-pound Catchweight.

Other fights for the finale include Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones, Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach and the final of the Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweight, but Kimbo vs. Houston Alexander will definitely be the fight everyone is going to be talking about. I, for one, cannot wait.

Glad to see this fight finalized!! Dana does look like a ****** for talking all that shit about him and now letting him fight, we all know the obvious and he's doing it cause Kimbo is a draw and why let someone else get those ratings! This is Kimbo's best chance to work his ground game since Houston is his smallest opponent yet and his ground game is weak! But I'm sure Kimbo is still gonna go with bread and butter and try for the KO.

It's an interesting fight, to say the least. From what I read, Kimbo was unable to make the 205 weight so 215 is closer. It's also interesting since it might be Dana White changing his mind about Kimbo.

As for the match itself, Kimbo could win this one. Should make for an interesting fight though.

Yes I would love too see this fight happen because it's just two guys that are willing to trade punches willing too do anything too knock thier opponent out,and I agree this fight could definitley win Fight Of The Night honors.If this fight were too just stay standing then in the end I could see Kimbo taking this fight.

Yes I would love too see this fight happen because it's just two guys that are willing to trade punches willing too do anything too knock thier opponent out,and I agree this fight could definitley win Fight Of The Night honors.If this fight were too just stay standing then in the end I could see Kimbo taking this fight.

I had some friends over this weekend, who are Kimbo fans, and I showed them some of Houston Alexander's fights over the computer so they could get a taste of what they're in for come December 5th, and while I was showing them the fights.... I think I came to the conclusion that Houston is going to knock Kimbo clean out.

Both these guys have questionable chins, no doubt, and Houston did get whooped by James Irvin, but I just think Houston Alexander will come into this fight more determined and vicious than ever, and Kimbo will be in a TON of trouble.

But I don't know, maybe I'm just biased now after watching those because it reminded me just how much I like Houston Alexander. Not only he is a bad ass, but the guy couldn't be more classy.

It's going to be a great, exciting fight though, and I cannot wait for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back