• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Nash on Ric Flair

hinkey1

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a must see clip. Ric Flair on Legends of Wrestling round-table said the NWO was the worst faction in wrestling history. Kevin Nash has a classic response to this, check it out:

[youtube]2VZNrm0E6o4&hl[/youtube]

I find a lot of the things that Ric Flair says, when it comes to criticism of his peers, is equal parts emotional and partially falsified. What I mean is, if you say something bad about him or do something that he feels is threatening to his legacy, he is going to say whatever schlock comes to mind in the hopes of undermining you no matter if it is true or not.

An example of this would be when he referred to Mick Foley as a "glorified stuntman" and the like after Foley didn't agree with Ric's booking career in his autobiography.

The original nWo was awesome. The amount of hype they generated and the revolutionary idea of them being wrestlers from an outside organization threatening the fans beloved WCW was unheard of and incredibly entertaining.

After a while, after several incarnations and a final abbreviated run in the WWE, yes, they did lose steam and a lot of there appeal. This is possibly what Ric was talking about in saying that it was the worst faction in wrestling history, but didn't the Horseman go through similar problems? I mean, Paul Roma? Mongo McMichael?

The nWo and the Horseman do have there places in history assured. I'm sure there are other factions such as the ill fated New Blood and Union and the like that could take the place of "worst ever in history".

good i'm glad to here nash comment on flair always burying him and hall also. even though he doesn't go in depth about it. Flair is bitter towards a lot of wrestlers and i would rather watch hall and nash over flair any day.

Nash's comment was fuckin hilarious.

Flair has really got to learn to keep his mouth shut sometimes. This is a guy who thinks if he was in the WWE in the 80's Hogan would of been opening for him every night (when in actuality Flair didn't draw a tenth of the money Hogan did, its easy being on top when all the top wrestler's work for the WWF).

I think flair thinks he is so great that when he see's something that he thinks is inferior (like Hogan or the NWO) he gets pissed , ESPECIALLY when that person or faction gets a larger fanbase and makes more money than Flair ever did (I liked the Horsemen, but they couldn't draw shit compared to Hogan, Hall and Nash). Flair also blasted Bret Hart basically saying that Bret buried wrestling in the early 90's (but once again, Bret Hart drew more money than Flair ever did because Flair didn't mean shit outside of the Carolina's. And I also feel that he was bitter that he had to give his top-spot to Hart in October of '92).

The truth is Flair ain't as great as he thinks he is (I'm sure someone will be pissed at that remark, but its true).

Flair has said on SEVERAL occasions that Hogan is the greatest wrestler ever because Hogan outdrew him period. He admits that. But Hart out drawing Flair? No way. And if you want knock Flair down a few pegs, don't mind me much, then Nash couldn't draw big without Hogan leading the nWo.

The Original nWo was brilliant. But they quickly ruined it within a year. Why the Horsemen was so great, is during their big run, they were the elite. They didn't let scrubs in. They were 4 men who carried the NWA for years. They sold out when everybody was in love in WWE.

Can you imagine what Vince could have done with Flair in the 80's as a heel? My god it would have been a wonderful thing.

And also, which shows the lack of wrestling knowledge around here, is that heels in the 80's didn't sell NEARLY as much as faces back then. But it was different back then. Nobody wore the heel's shirts IF they even had them. Flair was one of the 1st COOL Heels. He set the tone for Austin, Rock, even Nash.

Flair has ALWAYS been about wrestling first, THEN himself. He has had NO problems Jobbing to ANYBODY. Nash, however, is one of the MAIN reasons WCW folded. Creative Control Monkeys. And yeah nWo isn't the worst ever, duh. But the nWo, especially Bischoff burried the Horsemen so many times, especially when the Horsemen were SO over fighting the nWo. That was a money fued. And they killed it.

I personally think the original nWo was the 2nd best Faction behind the Horsemen. But later on in the years, BOTH of those were 2 of the WORST factions in the History of Wrestling.

Gotta remember something, name 1 person Nash EVER made. That Nash truely left the ring, and his opponet looked 10x better than when he went in. He never did it. Flair did that on a nightly basis. The reason the Sting nWo fued was so hot was in large part due to Flair putting over a green but enthusiastic young kid with face paint on TV. Without a top player putting Sting over, who knows where Sting might have wound up.

Flair has his faults, no doubt about it. But Nash? Of all People? I mean come on

Flair would not have been nearly as successful had he been with WWF (WWE) in the 1980s. He might have had some big MSG matches with Hogan, but would have jobbed, ultimately ending up as the same calibre of Paul Orndorf, King Kong Bundy, Earthquake, etc.,

The NWA was built around Flair and the Horsemen.

Flair as much of a fan I am of his couldn't have made it in the late 80's in the WWF mainly because the 80's wasn't about real technical wrestling in WWF, it wasn't even until the 90's that you actually seen real technical wrestling and that was the period that Flair came into. The WWE had to have more talented guys working besides Piper, Savage, Orndorf and Steamboat and those guys with the exception of Savage were never at a main event level or was at it very long (Steamboat ended up wearing a really bad dragon costume entrance gear in the 1990's, and was never pushed like he was in NWA). If you look at Hogan vs. Flair in the greatest stars of the 90's DVD you can see Hogan wasn't real technical against Flair and it would've made Hogan look terrible in the long run and that was the biggest problem if your potential top heel makes your ultimate babyface look stupid.

(although after writing this off topic The Miz keeps making John Cena's whole gimmick sound stupid now too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back