• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Nash & Eric Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Tonight, Nash returned from his 2 weeks suspension, and told Eric Young that he respected him. Told him he reminded him of a southern boy with a mulet he used to work with.

All at once, the LD went "Did Nash just compare EY to HBK?".

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he did. They have formed some sort of partnership, but it's still way too early to tell what's going to happen. Are they going to be a tag team? Is Nash back in his role as an enforcer? Or, is this all a ploy to get closer to Young?

I'd like to think they're going to work in a Diesel/HBK role. Young is a small guy, but is good in the ring, so a rather large man standing on the outside couldn't hurt.

I have absolutely no interest in Eric Young so at least this adds a little bit of intrigue to him and his character. I really feel that Young will never get over the way TNA seems to want him to get over. Although he is more than adequate int he ring, he isn't all that special inside of it either. No matter what they do I feel it will be a lost cause. With that said they seem hell bent in their desire for Young to be a top guy so this is definitely one way to go about it. I'm not a huge fan of repeating past angles (if they do go the bodyguard route) but if anyone can get Young over it's Nash.

Nash could of been talkin about 1 of a few people Shawn Michaels; Scott Hall; Curt Hennig; Mike Sanders, Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Shawn Stasiak, Chuck Palumbo, or DDP so don't assume it was HBK.. Or he could been talkin about 'Double J' Jeff Jarrett. We don't know maybe it will be revealed latr.

i do think Eric Young has the it factor to become a world champion maybe one day in the future. There is no way that Eric Young could remind anybody of Shawn for one thing Shawn was amazing in every match i can't even remember a bad match that Shawn had, Eric Young is decent at best but with work he can do a lot better. If i had to compare EY to anybody it would be a young Stone Cold just cuz of the same brawling style they use in the ring. I am hopiong that now people will stop bitching about Kevin Nash now that he is back to the enforcer then in ring action for now. As for me i will be happy if the NEW World Order comes back in TNA because dude once you join the WOLFPACK you in it 4LIFE

TOOOOOOOOO SSSSWWWWEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely no interest in Eric Young so at least this adds a little bit of intrigue to him and his character. I really feel that Young will never get over the way TNA seems to want him to get over. Although he is more than adequate int he ring, he isn't all that special inside of it either. No matter what they do I feel it will be a lost cause. With that said they seem hell bent in their desire for Young to be a top guy so this is definitely one way to go about it. I'm not a huge fan of repeating past angles (if they do go the bodyguard route) but if anyone can get Young over it's Nash.

Very true, look at the time Nash spent with Samoa Joe, mentoring him and building him to be a legit main-eventer. While I think Eric Young will be a harder character to mold, with time, and given the right booking, he could get over. I think the reason he gets looked over right now is the stable he is in, which is weak save for the British Invasion. With Big Rob Terry on the way out apparently, it looks like Nash can fill that enforcer role.

The main question is: why? Why did Nash screw Beer Money over at Turning Point? Why did he align himself with EY? Does this have anything to do with Hogan? And how does this benefit Nash? I guess we'll all find out eventually..

Personally guys, I'm not a very big fan of Eric Young. He's plain, He's deprieved and really, He dosen't offer a great deal to the TNA Franchise. However, what he does do is offer on the odd occassion, An interesting storyline. His ' Super Eric ' days stand out in my mind. They may not have been anything great, But I remember them and that's something which is influential in the way the 'EY' character has been worked over in the last couple of months. More to the point though, I'm liking Kevin Nash and what he has to offer. I've always been a fan of Kevin's and I can really see this establishment being something very similar to the previous Nash | Somoa Joe alliance.
Am i a big fan of it? No, I must say I'm not. I would much rather Nash suited to someone which looks to hold far more ability. Somone, Oh I don't know.. Someone more like Matt Morgan or someone of that stature.

WOW i think everybody missed this one...Nash was talking about X-Pac! Eric Young while good is no...HBK...lol! This is just somethin to keep Nash busy til Hogan, and Hall return to Re-Unite THE BAND!.....JUS TOO SWEET!

I think some of you are missing the key word Nash used: Southern.

So to the poster above this....X-Pac? Really? He's from Minnesota, first of all. Even if he was a southern boy, he wouldn't be worth mentioning.

I don't really think there is much debate as to who he is referring to. It's HBK. Southern boy with a mullet who Nash used to run with.

Nash could of been talkin about 1 of a few people Shawn Michaels; Scott Hall; Curt Hennig; Mike Sanders, Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Shawn Stasiak, Chuck Palumbo, or DDP so don't assume it was HBK.. Or he could been talkin about 'Double J' Jeff Jarrett. We don't know maybe it will be revealed latr.

I don't think anyone is "assuming" -- it just seems obvious to me. Unless they're going to intentionally pull a swerve and name someone else as a joke. Most of the people you mentioned can be eliminated because they're either not from the south, didn't have a prominent on-air relationship with Nash or they weren't a "boy" when they worked with Nash. So...why wouldn't I assume he is referring to HBK? Besides, who else in Nash's career would he even WANT to name drop on TV?

As far as Nash's involvement with Eric Young goes, doesn't it essentially kill the credibility of the World Elite's anti-American stance? That's been the overall cornerstone of the group's formation: A group of foreign wrestlers that are frustrated with their treatment within TNA and have a deep seeded grudge against the "American way of life" in general.

With Nash involved with Young, it just...I dunno...just kinda makes it look like just a group of foreign guys bunched together with no goal and nothing in common except simply being from foreign countries. While I'm not overly thrilled with the World Elite's anti-American gimmick, as it's been done a hundred times before, it does give the group some type of focal point. By associating with an American wrestler, it takes that away. They look less like a faction that was organized under a certain cause and more like a random pairing of foreigners. At least, that's kind of how I see it.

One of the things I'm liking about this pairing, is that we don't need to see one, or either, in the ring at any point. On last week's Impact, we got 2 segments with them, and both were done rather well.

EY is getting himself over as a heel, and Nash has something to do on TV. It's a win-win situation, and kudos to TNA for booking it. The real test, of course, is when they actually do get in the ring, either as a team, or as singles wrestlers. That's when a twist could happen in their agreement, or they're lack of chemistry can show through.

Right now who he's referring to is irrelevant. Eric Young has gotten seriously better as a heel. I love his in-ring work and am constantly impressed. It's a good way to break off this failure that has become World Elite and get Eric Young back as a singles star w/ manager. I'd like to see Nash become an enforcer again, he's not really that impressive as a wrestler anymore. He needs to leave that aspect alone for the time being.

That match wasn't too bad. it was sloppy by Beer Money Inc.'s standards, but for Young and Nash teaming together for the first time, what'd you expect?

Nash seems to have bigger things coming, so I don't think he'll stick around with Young for long, but it's got some legs for now. They can continue teaming, or having Nash steal wins for Young, and it all builds towards Young's eventual loss of his title.

I don't see how this can be a bad thing...

I agree that the Pairing of Nash with EY is to help get EY over. What I think is really hurting him is that he hardly gets in the ring and hasn't defended the Global Championship. I know he said that he will never defend the belt against an American or on US soil, but I think this lack of in-ring activity is hurting his credibility and making him boring.

All EY has done is talked about how great the World Elite is. I think he would come off as a stronger leader by putting him in the ring and having him back up his words. Even if it's only squash matches against the likes of SharkBoy or Cody Deaner. Having him in the ring beating people, then talk about how superior he is I think would be more effective for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back