• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Nash 2002

relentless1

G.O.A.T.
so i was just watching the last ever appearance of the nWo and got to wondering....what wouldve happened with the nWo had nash not gotten injured??? it seemed as if vince was finally going to give the nWo the seriousness it finally deserved and the push it needed, i remember tidbits here and there on wrestling sites at the time saying vince was going to make the nWo the focal point of raw, which is supported in part by their membership drive towards HHH. so what do you all think, do you think HHH wouldve joined? do you think Bischoff wouldve been a member on his return?? this was always one that frustrated me as i am a huge nWo fan and wouldve liked to see nWo have gotten that proper last run that it deserved.

I still think it would've fizzled out. Nash getting injured had more effect on 2003 than it did 2002. If he hadn't got injured he would've got lost in the shuffle of what was one of WWEs better years in recent memory. Fortunately he came back in 2003, which wasn't a vintage year, certainly on the Raw side of things.

I recall reading somewhere at some point (Vague I know but it was a long time ago lol) a rumor that the plan was for Triple H to turn down the nWo recruitment drive and end up facing Nash one on one at Summerslam 2002. If that's true, I'm glad he got injured because we may not have gotten the great comeback match between HBK and Triple H at the event, which was definitely one of the better matches on the show imo.

HBK/HHH at SummerSlam that year was probably WWE match of the year so yeah I am glad that didn't happen. I think that WWE needed to use Nash more on RAW in matches and on PPV. It seemed like he was always getting pushed aside or not focused on all that much to be honest... now when he returned in 2003 and ended up putting a sledgehammer through the back window of HHH's limo that was fucking awesome and he got an ok run with some big matches that year... if he stuck around I coulda seen him being a bit more prominent but he went off to make The Punisher.

Unfortunately, there would have been no nWo. Hogan was getting too many cheers, so they turned him face. Hall was already showing problems, so he was out the door soon thereafter. Nash, HBK, Big Show, and xPac just don't have the same effect, even though it's a couple of big names. In retrospect, breaking up the nWo was the best decision. Their intro into the WWE was AWESOME, but after that, not so much

The WWE's nWo always felt watered down and never seemed to threaten WWE like it threatened WCW. In WCW the fans were really sold on the idea that the nWo wasn't under contract with WCW. When Vince brought in the nWo, you knew it wouldn't have the same impact. Nash or no Nash, it just didn't matter. I never felt it was as big as it should have been. I like Nash, but I don't think it would have mattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back