Kentucky Wildcats

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
So, me...along with KB and apparently IC are HUGE fans of UK basketball, and it's not British. It's the University of Kentucky and let me be the first to say that for those who care about College Baskeball, I'm sorry, but UK just put everyone on notice.

• The best recruiting class for 09...and maybe of all time
  • THREE possible NBA Lottery picks on this year's squad
  • THE best ball coach in the land
  • THE most storied program in college sports.
  • The ALL TIME WINNINGNEST team in College Hoops history.

Nothing else needs to be said. I wish it was November already.

Kentucky has Pat Patterson and probably still will have Jodie Meeks so they should be a great team and have a good chance of winning the SEC. Kentucky is expected to at least go to the Final Four every year so if Calipari doesn't win right away, I don't know how much time they are going to give him. I still think they didn't give Gillespie enough time because he started off slow at Texas A&M and soon they started going far in the tournament. They want the success that Tubby Smith had when he got there but he only won one championship and that was in 1998, so I don't know if they expected way too much out of Gillespie so early.

It's a fair assessment, but the fact is Billy Clyde didn't embrace the full time job that UK's coach endures. Sure it's X's and O's on the court, but you have to be an ambassador for the Commonwealth and make public appearances, make sure the boosters are happy, and embrace the past of Kentucky basketball. He didn't do that. He drank at bars, watched tape, and coached poorly. That might fly right with most programs, but not at UK. He was overwhelmed by the job and he simply folded under the pressure. If he would have been more cordial and positive toward the fan base, he may have gotten another year, but he simply looked miserable on the sidelines...or drunk.

Either way, we have the best coach around in Calipari. He's embraced this job and he'll be fine with the pressure.

Huge UK fan !!!!

Had the privilege of living and working in Lexington for two years and enjoyed every single moment of it.

Been a Cats fan since Laettner hit that shot in '92.

But I think you may have forgotten to include one small detail :

THE HOTTEST COLLEGE BASKETBALL FAN IN THE WORLD WEARS UK BLUE - ASHLEY JUDD !!!

Actually saw her once at a Panera Bread along Harrodsburg Road in Lexington. Absolutely beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back