• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KC VI Discussion: Ty Burna vs. Mikey Stormrage [Number One Contendership]

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
BcaRe6T.png

"The Challenge to Become The Challenger"

Since joining The Elite, Ty Burna has been reinvigorated in his pursuit of the World Heavyweight Championship. The Elite efforts to bring the wrestling world to it's knees can be greatly improved if Ty Burna is finally able to get the better of a continual thorn in his paw – Mikey Stormrage.

Stormrage and Matt Tastic have been best of friends recently and have held fast in their determination to take down The Elite. With the added incentive of a World Heavyweight Championship match for the winner, who will come out on top in what is bound to be a very personal and brutal singles match?

Discuss & Predict!

Pulling for Stormrage but I'm unsure if he has what it takes to take down Ty if he's at the top of his game and it's KC so you know he will be. Ty in top form is almost unbeatable, I believe Yaz has the ability to blow everyone away but he has a history of coming up just short in big moments. That's probably why I'm pulling for him, to finally punch through the ceiling.

Really looking forward to these RPs though.

Intriguing, I've never truly been in a #1 contenders match for the World Title, unless you count the Lethal Lottery. I've won a HIAC qualifying match but that's not the same.

So something new that I want to accomplish at KC.

I've enjoyed this feud immensely, Yaz has been great at rolling with the punches that he's suggested for the feud himself, and I think he's got sufficient fuel now to work a great RP for Kingdom Come. On the other hand, Iv'e enjoyed the ever so slight tweaks I've made to the Ty Burna character, it's really opened up a new avenue for writing for me as a more "human" character rather than the omnipotent being.

I've ran through my RP a few times in my head already, at least the structure of it, a little from the past, a little from the present. I'm ready to see if Yaz can match or exceed my own expectations.

Ty is one of my favorite characters in the fed, but Mikey/Matt and the Live Mas phenomenom seems so over that it would be somewhat of an upset if either one lost.

This is a classic good vs. evil matchup, what could be better than that for the biggest event of the year?

In one corner, Ty can get one step closer to standing atop the mountain once more. In the other, Mikey has the chance to challenge for the World Title for the first(?) time and erase the disappointment from last Kingdom Come. If the best RP of the show doesn't come from the World Title match, which I think it will, it's coming from this one. The question is, which guy writes it?

How can you not hope for Stomrage to finally make it in the big leagues? It's a heartwarming tail should he win, keyword being should.

Ty can be a brick wall at this event, Ty's resume speaks for itself and it'll be interesting to see if Yaz can pull out what it takes to beat him. Regardless of the reputation though I'll be pulling for Mikey, I'll always lean toward the fresher option in the main event.

I really want to see Mikey Stormrage win this match but, heading into the match, I can't see past Ty. He's been on a roll recently and Mikey has been failing to set the heather alight. That said, the fairytale ending for Live Mas would be something to behold. And, to be fair to Yaz, he has what it takes to beat Ty. Both of these guys are awesome writers and will obviously turn in work that is fit for Kingdom Come.

I am liking Ty's chances here but I am definitely not ruling out Mikey - He can do it.

This match will be a beast, and I don't want to pick sides here as I am a tremendous fan of both. Ty Burna certainly has the pedigree though, the pedigree and experience, and if there is another character in this fed I'd compare to Mick Foley other than my own, its Stormrage, comedy, to serious, to comedy, to a mix of the pair. Much like Foley and perhaps S.H.I.T, Stormrage may be destined to be more famous in defeat than in victory, and much like the aforementioned works incredibly well as a chaser. But in those defeats are some of the biggest victories ever. Perhaps Kingdom Come is his chance.

Since Harthan is leaving, can I steal his old conspiracy gimmick? Chris K.O. finishes 2nd in the lottery, yet #3 and #4 get a #1 contendership match. Or how about Prophet's old gimmick? Creative clout!

I kid, I kid.

Glad to see Mikey finally get a chance to fully step into the main-event scene. Beating Ty here would be big win for him and give some interesting scenarios for a world title feud going into Redemption. However, beating Ty is no easy task. Especially when something like a world shot is on the line. I don't really know who will win this one, but based off resume alone I would put money on Ty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back