KB Busts Up Another Myth: Swagger vs. Santino

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Time and time again i have read about how Swagger went from jobbing to Santino to winning the world title. Let's take a look at this.

Swagger runs his mouth off like any heel would. Santino challenges him for an over the top rope challenge. What does that mean? It means pinfalls don't count. Submissions don't count. You win by throwing him over the top rope. Swagger destroys Santino and then gets cocky and goes over the top rope.

So yes, Swagger lost to Santino. It just wasn't in a match. So since this apparently is good enough to say that so and so jobbed to so and so, I hereby challenge John Cena, The UNdertaker, Batista, HHH and Swagger to a posting contest. Whoever has the most posts on WZ after the end of this sentence wins. Oh look: I have more.

HOLY SHIT CENA, BATISTA, TAKER HHH AND SWAGGER JOBBED TO A 22 YEAR OLD ROOKIE!!!

"But KB that's stupid. They're wrestlers and posting has nothing to do with wrestling talent." Neither does throwing someone over the top rope.

Also, look at the dates: January 11 was the loss. Swagger won the world title in April, over three months later.

So let me make sure I have this straight. A loss in a non wrestling match in a comedy segment three months prior to Swagger winning the title in a method based on being able to steal a win and therefore a title at a moment's notice apparently makes Swagger less reasonable of a choice to win the world title. So in other words, THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE! A loss to Santino makes Swagger even more unlikely to be world champion, which is the point of the MITB match: a guy that usually wouldn't get a world title shot getting a world title shot.

Finally, you do realize that win/loss record means little in wrestling. Kimbo Slice was released after going I believe 0-2 in the UFC. MVP lost what, 23 in a row before getting the US Title? Hell Brooklyn Brawler won what, ONCE in FIFTEEN years? Wrestlemania 5: Akeem pins Shawn Michaels. he bounced back pretty damn well didn't he? But hell, that loss to Akeem must have haunted him. I mean can't you see the connection there? OF COURSE NOT! Any idea what? BECAUSE LOSSES MEAN JACK IN WRESTLING! However that means nothing because it wasn't a wrestling match, but why let logic get in the way of good old fashioned bitching right?

Swagger getting thrown over the top rope by Santino means absolutely nothing at all. It was a one off sketch that is only remembered by whiny little people on the internet with nothing better to do than this. Did he lose the night before he won the world title or anytime near winning the title? Nope, which is why it means nothing at all.

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT!

If he's pinned the reigning world champion or forced him to submit in a title bout, probably.

Wasn't I the one who mentioned at the time how it was stupid for people to be bitching about the scenario? I think I was.

Glad to see more people come to understand how right I was, and usually am.

You'd think I brought this up in the board room earlier ¬_¬ :p

But yeah it's one of my pet hates

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back