(Kayfabe) Interveiw with the World's Heavyweight Champion - Edge......

WrestlingHistorian

Pre-Show Stalwart
(I figured this would be a good idea to boost the hype and the fun level of the wrestlers and champions we watch every week. These segments are to make them larger than life and to bring an aura of sportsmanship to wrestling.)

Ted Stevens sit's down with the Heavyweight Champion of the World, Edge, in a short candid interview about his championship win and whats on the horizon.

Ted - "I'm sitting here with the reigning World's Champion, Edge and he has allotted us time out of his busy schedule to discuss a few topics that a lot of people and me myself have had on our minds since 2/15/09. First off let me thank you Edge for this time and I promise we wont keep you too long."

Edge - "It's fine, I don't have to be to the gym for another few hours, so I have time to kill."

Ted - Great. Well lets start off with the championship win at No Way Out and what this means for your career. Did you do anything special to ensure you come out of the Elimination Chamber as the World's Champion?"

Edge - "Nothing too different, I actually competed in 2 Elimination Chamber matches at No Way Out and the first one I was upset with because I got pinned rather early and got to watch Triple H win the WWE Championship from the lockerroom, but I was determined to get into the second Chamber match and win the World's Title and thats just what I did. I have to admit, I did up my protien's in the past month in preperation for these matches and at first I was crushed but in the end it all worked out."

Ted - "Indeed it did work out, but tell us what was running through your mind when you were one of two men left in the Elimination Chamber."

Edge - "I was excited, I knew I had an oppertunity that I had to take ahold of and I knew I was better than my opponent so I went for it. Sometimes you have to dig deep and find that "something" inside of you to achieve these goals, and thats just what I did."

Ted - "So whats in store for the championship? Any contenders in mind?"

Edge - "I know eventually I will have to wrestle John Cena for the title, I am hoping we can set something up for WrestleMania 25 and get it official, that way me and my trainers can prepare for the defense with time to spare. I had a defense against Jeff Hardy last week and I am probably looking at either Undertaker or Big Show in the near future depending on how the Draft works out. Since this title is sanctioned with the WWE I don't mind crossing brands, as long as the challenger is worthy."

Ted - "Sounds good, sounds like you have a lot on your plate."

Edge - "When your the champion your the target, and a lot of people wouldn't mind being one of the top guys in this sport and this belt next to me is the proof that I am one of the best in the sport."

Ted - "Well, whats in store at the gym for today? Any special training going on?"

Edge - "Mike Shamlin. who is my head trainer will probably have me sparring with a few local guys today, mainly that helps to shake off any rust and to keep the juices flowing, then Adam Freedman, who is my cardio cheif, will probably have me do 45 minutes of running and then follow it up with Bruce Johnston who will help me with my lifting. There is usualy about 8 or 9 of us and it helps with the focus on the regiment, much like a team of trainers who help with boxers, we get the same thing in Pro Wrestling."

Ted - "I know you have to run, but thank you for your time and I know all the WWE fans look forward to seeing where your career is headed down the line, thank you Edge."

Edge - "Anytime Ted, thank you."

I'd like to see something like this done. There really isn't much character development in the WWE anymore, and this could really help get someone over outside of the ring.

I'd prefer it if they focused more on the tag teams/divas/mid-carders. They can do a main eventer now and again, but it's those divisions that really suffer from lack of character depth. As I already said, it could really speed up the "getting over" process without even having to get in the ring.

The only thing I would do is try to keep the superstar's character. Edge kinda sounded a little too, well, facey (my new word). He doesn't have to cut the heel promos he does in the ring, but at least retain some of his character in these segments so it doesn't kill his heat (like TNA's Roughcuts tend to do).

Great idea though

I'd like to see something like this done. There really isn't much character development in the WWE anymore, and this could really help get someone over outside of the ring.

I'd prefer it if they focused more on the tag teams/divas/mid-carders. They can do a main eventer now and again, but it's those divisions that really suffer from lack of character depth. As I already said, it could really speed up the "getting over" process without even having to get in the ring.

The only thing I would do is try to keep the superstar's character. Edge kinda sounded a little too, well, facey (my new word). He doesn't have to cut the heel promos he does in the ring, but at least retain some of his character in these segments so it doesn't kill his heat (like TNA's Roughcuts tend to do).

Great idea though

I wrote this interview with a more "sport" side of the business in mind, you know, trainers, conditioning, competition.....that kind of thing. I wanted it to be "candid" and out of character, more like a boxer giving an interview before a huge title defense or like an interview that came from the old school days of wrestling. I plan on writing out a huge WrestleMania press conference style interview before the big event, maybe I'll get to that next month....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back