• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Karaoke Anyone?

Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
Karaoke Anyone?

A few years back, my friends and I became fascinated in watching Karaoke at a local dive bar. We stumbled upon this place at last call one night and were amazed by the large number of people singing. There were a lot of good people, and there were a lot of bad people singing. It was great entertainment.

We found ourselves going back every few weeks after we got nice and tipsy just to watch. Eventually, each one of us made it up on stage and made complete asses out of ourselves. We did get some cheers, but maybe it was because of the numerous “f-bombs” we dropped.

Anyway, do you sing Karaoke?

If so, what is your go to song and why?

Here is mine. Plain and simple, I know all of the words and even if I am hammered, I can still belt it out. Plus, I can throw in the David Lee Roth scissor kick and get the crowd pumped (it is really a sight to see)

Weirdly I was did Karaoke last night as it happens. I rarely do Karaoke, but last night I was very drunk and was with a bunch of performing arts friends who all love it so I thought why not. I was gonna do Oasis - Wonderwall but decided at the last minute to change my request to Limp Bizket - Rollin. And what a good move that was. Was hilarious, as during the instrumental sections I was sat down drinking beer and as soon as the chorus hit, I was up, going crazy. And I concluded the evening but doing Tinie Tempah - Written In The Stars, which like Rollin was brilliant fun and I had the entire bar belting the chorus with me. 6 people bought me drinks because of it. :D I chose them both because neither require that much singing ability and its great to rap the lyrics without needing the lyrics on a screen to help. It makes you look 100 times better than you actually are.

I've done karaoke a grand total of one time. And I wasn't drunk or anything. I was at my friends wedding reception and the groom asked me to sing a song with him which turned out to be Ghostbusters. It got some laughs and it was a good time. If you knew me you'd know that I'm very shy when it comes to new places and people. Actually even if you knew I don't act shy but I am, very much so. Thinking of it is odd though, my friend and I used to go to this coffee house and play these songs we've written and I had no problem getting up there and singing. Weird.

I've done karaoke a few times. Each time I was drunk out of my mind but that makes it even more fun.

I am a lawyer so it's always funny to do "Breaking The Law" or "I Fought the Law (and the law won)."

Last time I did Karaoke, I did some Sublime.

Definitely good times.

I do enjoy kareoke, but I have to be pretty drunk to do it. I have been told I have an ok voice, nothing amazing but nothing that will get me booed or drinks thrown on me.

The most fun I have ever had doing it was when I was on holiday in Lanzerote with 2 friends of mine, and we were in an Irish bar and there was a guy on stage singing and you could shout out requests, and I yelled out "THE JAM!" and he said he would only play and sing it, if I did it with him. My friend and I got on stage and ended up singing infront of 200 people and I was getting them all clapping along. It was great

[YOUTUBE]YfpRm-p7qlY[/YOUTUBE]

It was such a buzz, I can see why people love performing. We ended up going back a few days later and we got bought several drinks as a well done from the other night, and we sang again, which was again a success/

I use a program called UltraStar Deluxe, and it is very funny!!

Me and my friends are always trying to become lead singers xDD
It is really funny to mock the other ones XD

I'll sing pretty much anything at karaoke (I don't even have to be drunk:lmao:), these three would be some of my favourites -
[YOUTUBE]wzrXc68gNjQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]22sjt57FNWc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]MxK048w-wPM[/YOUTUBE]​

We did karaoke at my homecoming dance in high school. There was a small competition. Myself, a couple of girls, and a group. I did "Smooth Criminal", even tried moonwalking in between verses. It was really cheesy but I won. I tried to do karaoke again at a bar in my college town but they were too busy the night I went. I would probably do Smooth Criminal again or maybe "I Ran" by a flock of seagulls because I know all of the words to those two songs without needing to look at the lyrics screen. If they had any rap songs I'd also do Eminem's Stan.

You know, i've never been a fan of being in front of people so karaoke has never been something I do for fun on the weekends. However my fiance is making me do it soon because she likes to hear me sing and takes pleasure in making me uncomfortable :p So i'll let you all know how that goes when it happens. The one time I have done anything close to karaoke was singing at a birthday party on one of those Wii singing games(which I was forced into by my gal also), but I did What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts, Beautiful by Akon and Feels Like Tonight by Daughtry. I do tend to lean more towards country when i'm singing though, when I do give karaoke a real go I will probably do something like Drinking Me Lonely by Chris Young or Asphalt Cowboy by Jason Aldean :blush:

[YOUTUBE]GMbs-NAdREM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jjGfqijImjY[/YOUTUBE]

I myself am a complete fucking masochist, so would have to choose the following tongue twister...

Never done any karaoke ['cept once in year 9 at high school, eveeryone in my music class had to do a song], but my mate's band were playing a gig one time and got really fucking lazy, started jamming a song while the bassist occasionally sang the line, "We're still getting paid!"

Anyway, after that I got up and did a minute or two of Rapper's Delight for cheesy fun.

It's sort of an unofficial tradition of sorts for Filipino families to own a karaoke machine and for them to be used at gatherings and parties. That said, I've actually done karaoke many times. I'm no particularly good at singing but I do it because everyone I know does it for good fun even though just about everyone sounds awful on the mic. My best performance probably was one I did last year at a friend's birthday party. I sang "The Closer I Get To You" by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway. Good times, good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back