• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justin Long comments on RAW guest host experience

From the homepage:

"In no way am I being self-deprecating when I say that was a disaster. It was just not the audience to be promoting a movie like that to. We were so out of place. It was just awkward. They’re all fired up to see guys pummeling each other, not to see three nerdy comedy guys do some bits. They played the trailer for this crowd and it just silenced them — and not in a good way."

So, even a guest host thinks the concept is stupid.

He really hit the nail on the head.

I could understand some guest hosts being relevant like Shaq or Lebron James, but others like Long, Seth Green, Jewel, and Jeremy Piven are just out of place. Not to mention Al Sharpton. This lame concept isn't doing anyone any favors.

Maybe if Going the Distance didn't look like the shittiest movie of all time people would've actually cheered for it.

I saw Justin Long say something exactly like this or somewhat similar when he was on Lopez Tonight. It played the clip from Raw and he just seemed so sad that everyone there booed them. If they just came out and did their ring announcing and showed the clip of their movie it would've worked but they tried to do jokes that just went no where and the crowd hated it.

We should make a checklist of every guest host and take note of who bombed.

I recall reading Piven calling the fans hicks.

well. I dont blame long.
he came out there promoting a movie, and he felt out of place he felt akward.

imagine yourself (a movie star) coming out to promote a movie at a wrestling show, and fans just look like they dont give a shit. How would you feel?

We should make a checklist of every guest host and take note of who bombed.

I recall reading Piven calling the fans hicks.

l_c0f090a8501fe7ccc67c8f9b035773c5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back