Just watched Batman: Under The Red Hood

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Amazing stuff. Who else has seen it?

Thinking of having an animated Batman marathon now, or at least an animated DC marathon. I know Mask of the Phantasm is on Netflix Instant. Anyone else with Netflix know of good animated superhero movies on Instant Watch?

Batman Beyond DVDs are way better. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker was the shit.

Don't know anything about Netflix though.

OK, here's what I've found and is on my Instant Queue:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Justice League: The New Frontier
Superman Doomsday
Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms

I have no idea how any of these are, except Phantasm. That I know is excellent. My brother used to love it. He also had an old VHS of Return Of The Joker floating around, so I'm sure that's good too.

I could never get into Hell Boy. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is for real on of my favorites except for Phantasm. I might try and find that actually at FYE or Best Buy later.

OK, I'll remove the Hellboy one.

Hey, the Tales Of The Black Freighter Watchmen short is on Instant.

I watched Under the Red Hood a couple months ago and it was indeed awesome. I haven't seen any of the movies you listed other than Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker, Doc. However, I've heard Justice League: The New Frontier is good.

My mom recently lent me Batman/Superman:public Enemies and Green Lantern: First Flight. I've yet to watch either of them though.

Yeah, watched it, it's ok, short though

Also if you like Spiderman, add Speculator Spider-Man Vol. 1-4
Will do. Is that that old cartoon that used to come on Fox Kids, and had Man-Spider? I used to love that show.
My mom recently lent me Batman/Superman:public Enemies and Green Lantern: First Flight. I've yet to watch either of them though.

I want to see them both. I've heard good things. They aren't on Instant, though.

Netflix needs a "Request This Movie To Be Available On Instant Watch" feature.

Will do. Is that that old cartoon that used to come on Fox Kids, and had Man-Spider? I used to love that show.

No, Spectacular Spider-Man is the newest animated show that came on the CW and is on Disney XD now, I believe. It's fantastic though, and rivals the Fox Kids show IMO. It got 2 seasons before being cancelled during the whole Disney buying Marvel thing. I'm still pissed about that.

Spectacular Spiderman isn't the 90s series. That said, I love Spectacular Spiderman as well and would have loved to have seen it get a few more seasons.

Under The Red Hood is one movie that left me gaping at the screen after the first 10 mins after (don't wanna give out the spoilers) you-know-what-happens.

One of the best animated movies ever.

And Happy to say I have seen every Batman animated flick, would recommend Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and The Return of the Joker are great too.

Batman Vs Dracula was meh.

Under the Red Hood was very good. I think Rotten Tomatoes gave it a perfect score. Return of the Joker was also good as was Phantasm. About any movie with the Joker is good. I wanna watch the Batman/Superman: Public Enemies movie.

Doc,

Netflix instant watch also has..

Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero. It's basically taken from the animated cartoon.

And..

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman. (no clue what it's taken from)

I really enjoyed Under the Red Hood, but would have enjoyed it better if I did not already know the stories from the comics.

I have the Mask of Phantasm at home that I have yet to watch.

Under the Red hood was a kick-ass movie. The movie was actually supposed to be pretty *bloody* but it was removed to keep the PG-13 rating. But overall, it was still beyond awesome.

Movies that I reccommend would be:

-Mask of the Phantasm (no doubt)
-Batman/Superman: Public Enemies
-Batman/Superman: Apocalypse
-Mystery of the Batwoman
-Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
-Superman: Doomsday
-Superman: Braniac Attacks
-Green Lantern: First Flight

I didn't really find the new frontier movie that interesting nor Crisis on Two Earth. Though, that probably has to do with the fact that I hated the voices of Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back