Just To Make The 40-Man Rumble Idea Seem Dumber

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE made the decision to expand the Royal Rumble Match to 40 participants because the company felt the show had little momentum heading into it.
Further showing WWE's inability to hype PPV's properly and why a "monthly" PPV format would be better than fucking 14 of them.
It's also being said that the 40 man format will allow creative to hide the fact that many talents on the roster are green, and eliminations can and most likely will happen a lot quicker with 40 men involved in the bout.
Ah, glad to see they noticed they show little interest in developing younger talent and instead of giving them a chance to shine, they try to mask it. Swell.
As far as big name talent in the match, a 40 man Royal Rumble Match will allow them to eliminate more wrestlers and come off as stronger.
Just to further stomp on the greener guys. Good God!

Hey... What about Nexus? And The Core? And the book of bad Stable names? Bah, I can't complain. TNA has "Immortal" and "The Band" to their name. And why to I think this report is just random shit somebody puzzled together based on... I don't know, LOGIC?

Why am I ranting?

You'll need fodder for the Royal Rumble match. Having too many big superstars in the match will make it difficult for writing ways of people being eliminated whilst saving credibility. It'd be quite obvious if 15 out of the 30 men were thrown over the top in a specific way than having the same 15 out of 40.

Also, the young talent need to pay their dues. Allowing the established names or those receiving a push to go over them will do well in the E's books. If you've got talent, one day someone will be doing the same for you. Otherwise, be glad you got a spot in the RR.

I don't know why you waste your energy ranting on something coming from a dirt sheet. 80% of anything WrestlingObserver reports is bullshit anyway.

The hedging in dirtsheet articles rivals that of zodiac predictions:

"A 40-man Royal Rumble means people might get eliminated quicker."

Oh shit! He must have a direct line to Vince McMahon!

I don't know why you waste your energy ranting on something coming from a dirt sheet. 80% of anything WrestlingObserver reports is bullshit anyway.
That's what I hate about it. They place these bits of information that are more or less based on the obvious and pass it off as "news". Now if a report came in saying that the reason the Rumble has 40 participants this year so they could debut new talent, then yes, that's news.

JicKie "FalKon" Mames;2763813 said:
You'll need fodder for the Royal Rumble match. Having too many big superstars in the match will make it difficult for writing ways of people being eliminated whilst saving credibility. It'd be quite obvious if 15 out of the 30 men were thrown over the top in a specific way than having the same 15 out of 40.
Bull. Credibility in wrestling is a myth and you don't need it to save face. Just ask Chris Jericho.

Also, the young talent need to pay their dues.
Also bull. Some of the biggest draws of all time didn't need years of dues paying before they drew. As far as making money for the company goes, dues paying means nothing. Locker room garbage like that doesn't cut it with me.

Bull. Credibility in wrestling is a myth and you don't need it to save face. Just ask Chris Jericho.

But, Chris Jericho was a heel. How did he save face? I'm pretty sure he did quite the opposite to most of the faces on the roster.

Also bull. Some of the biggest draws of all time didn't need years of dues paying before they drew. As far as making money for the company goes, dues paying means nothing. Locker room garbage like that doesn't cut it with me.

Actually, professional wrestlers that draw loads of money use that to pay their dues. It's cheating, I know, but if you're that passionate about the business you'll do it, despite how much other people think you suck. Also not a fan of locker room garbage neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back