Just played a sweet game of Madden

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
I was the Steelers vs. Patriots in a the first year of a franchise. 6-2 vs. 6-2. I started off with a Stefan Logan kick return for near 60 yards. At the end of the first quarter the score is 9-0, as I couldn't quite punch it end to the end zone. This ends up a 23-0 with about 3 minutes left in the first half. The Pats rally for two touchdowns on long plays off of failed blitzes on my part, and make it 23-14. We switch posessions at the end of the half. They end up with the ball with about ten seconds left, and take a run but get tackled with a second left. Timeout on their sideline. Final play of the half: Hail Mary which is tipped by their receiver, tipped by two of my defenders, and caught by Holt and ran for twenty yards and a touchdown. 23-21 to end the half.

The second half begins with their possession. We switch posession and then I punt to them after a thee and out. I send a punt block which fails and I send two gunners at the returner. No fair catch and I level the return man and take it for a touchdown. 30-21. Next time out they drive down field. In the red zone, a pass to Holt is caught but fumbled as he crosses the goal line. Polamalu picks it up and takes it back 30-40 yards before fumbling it himself and after a scramble involving about 6-7 players diving at the ball the Pats get it back. They connect with a field goal when I hold them again and it's 30-24. I score a 49 yard field goal with 12 mph winds in my face that barely hits to ensure a two possession lead. They drive down field into what could possibly be field goal range but end up having to punt the ball. I have to run out the clock while driving the ball 80 yards down field to close the game without them getting a good shot, and I have to run down 2:40 off the clock to do it. I get to the point where I have to convert on 3&1. I lob a pass to Miller which he catches and I run the clock down. Not to mention Big Ben had over 300 passing yards and 2 TD's.

Great game and ensured a win over a main conference rival going into the latter part of the season.

I used to be a fucking BEAST at Madden. Would wind up scoring about 100 points a game on All Madden difficulty in every game I played. Haven't played in a while though, last one I bought was 2010 I think.

I was top ten in the world back in 05, so many good times playing that game.

jewclaw.jpg

I used to be a fucking BEAST at Madden. Would wind up scoring about 100 points a game on All Madden difficulty in every game I played. Haven't played in a while though, last one I bought was 2010 I think.

2011 isn't bad, I'm awaiting a complete Franchis overhaul this year though. Not that I don't like the current one, but a new look will be different.

I need to get Live, I would be having so much fun this summer. Too bad it might distract me from real life football.

Well, in the same franchise, same season, I just enjoyed possibly the team I hate the most, third most at the least, Dallas, beat me in the Super Bowl in overtime after I kicked a field goal to take the lead after winning the coin toss. They drove down field after a third down play where my coverage broke down and won with a touchdown, 26-23. Then I got to see them celebrate at the White House with President Obama. That's just peachy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back