• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just Ozzie being Ozzie or More Than That?

People's Champ

Bleeding Teal
I read a little story on ESPN.com that had to do with Ozzie Guillen. I know that whatever Ozzie says should be taken with a grain of salt, but I found what he said interesting. Here's the story if you haven't heard or read it:

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=5428431

Now, I haven't really watched ESPN this weekend and so I don't know how much play this is getting or if Guillen has backed off somewhat from his comments (which I HIGHLY doubt). But basically there are a few things that Guillen has commented on.

1.Asians get better treatment than Latinos.

2.MLB doesn't care about teaching Latino players about the dangers of performance enhancing drugs.

He also brings up that College prospects are 22 and 23 years old and are acceptable but Latin players who are 16, 17 years old are too old. Now I know a lot of people will look at this and say "that's just Ozzie doing his ranting again" and dismiss his comments. That's one of the problems with him shooting off all the time. When he speaks on real issues, its looked at as Ozzie being Ozzie.

My question for you is do you think there is anything to what Ozzie said? Is he right about everything? Is he just running his mouth again? A little of both? Does anyone even care?

I'm just being general about this because I want to see if we can get discussion out of this. This can turn into different things, as it could go as general as just the surface of what Ozzie said or could go deeper into race in MLB. I'll let you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back