• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The province of British Columbia burns once again.

3604921767_18febc0e32.jpg

It has become a yearly problem in British Columbia, Canada, just like some other spots around the world.

Forest Fires.

100F weather (40C), no rain in a month,and 1000s of acres of kill off from Pine Beetles, the provinces is like a box of kindling ready to be lit.

That was lit today in my area. Already two massive fires, one an hour away, one two hours away, now one 20 minutes away. A train sparked a fire on the side of the lake which shares the name with my city. Who knows how it will react with two more weeks of the same weather with less than a centimeter of rain in the forecast.

In 2003, a similar fire threatened the city of Kelowna, British Columbia. In 1999, the same story happened to a city I was staying in named Salmon Arm. Could it happen again?

Maybe.

Well I thought it'd be a good time to throw out the fact that its been raining nonstop here for about a week, and 3 days now.

Sounds like SOCAL every year. Over time the people become used to it and the infrastructure is altered to deal with it. Sounds a bit odd though, when I think of Canada I don't think of that.

Baring in mind that I live in Scotland, It is always fucking raining here. Even when the sun is out, it is fucking raining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back