• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just a thought

vampireblade

Simply Amazing
Ok guys before i get heat alot of heat from the WWE guys and I know I will just please understand I realize that this will never happen this is just a simple thought on my behalf and am wondering what would be your reaction and your thoughts on how the casual fan would react if John Cena jumped to TNA.

Personally I think it would be the biggest game changer in recent memory as he is the biggest star in WWE at this moment. I think that it would immediately make TNA a huge threat to WWE, that millions would tune over to TNA never looking back. TNA could immediately go on tour for good leaving the impact zone in the dust never looking back As for how the product that TNA puts out would change well Cena would be a world champion quickly but as to the rest of it I really have not figured that out yet. I will chime in later once i figure out my thoughts on that but for now:

What would your reaction be if Cena jumped ship?

What do you think the reaction of the casual viewer would be?

What would this do for TNA as a company?

What would this do to the product TNA puts out?

I will feel sorry for Vince and WWE because they spent so much money and time on him. But he has given back enough to WWE anyways, but yeah I will just think of it as a screwup to WWE from Cena.

Shocked, surprised and confused. That could be the biggest moment in the wrestling industry history, bigger then Hogan heel turn, bigger then Vince taking over WCW, bigger then the Montreal Screwjob, bigger then Bret Hart going to WCW and bigger then the Rock's last return.

Make them a competitor to WWE within 2 months and put on blockbuster matches every PPV. Yeah Cena vs Angle, Cena vs Sting, Cena vs Styles and Cean vs Joe and stuff like that. It may also allow TNA to do movies. More kids and women will watch the TNA product. Even a regular fan would be interested and curious to see how Cena performs in TNA.

Nothing worth noting but yes Cena will be face of the company every week and the whole TNA may be focusing on him. Ce'T'na?

Personally i wouldn't care, I watch Impact weekly as well as WWE, i think it would be a god damn stupid move for Cena because of the name he has built up in WWE, but it would not directly impact me as I would see him regardless.

It all depends on how they do it, whether it is on good terms, whether they give him an amazing sendoff i.e Ric Flair's WM v Shawn Michaels. I personally think Impact would get a slight boost in the ratings, but nothing overly substantial as there is quite a bit going on in WWE at the moment. I also disagree with Cena being the face of the company as i think that title belongs with Cm Punk. This storyline with Bryan at the moment has had me drawn in from the start, and while Cena has had some amazing PPV matchups lately, he's not being used as well as he should, so I do think that Impact would get a boost in the ratings and viewership, but nothing worth noting.

prove how predictable they really are. Cena would fight a few awesome matchups with kurt, samoa joe, sting, styles, roode, aries etc, before becoming champion, end the reign of a heel champ and sit atop his mighty throne at TNA before becoming irrelevant after losing the title..

The thing that came to mind when reading this question was Monday Night Raw Starring Brock Lesnar, see the point I'm trying to make?

This would never EVER happen. But if it did haha, alright I'll try:

I would shit myself. I would be amazed. I would definitely want to tune in. It would be huge news.

Same as mine, although maybe not quite as passionate.

Hopefully get a ton more viewers initially, and then TNA can do what it does best and hopefully keep those viewers.

What would this do to the product TNA puts out?[/QUOTE]

I think it would make things very interesting.

I'd have them debut Cena as a face, but then turn him heel, to cash in on all the hate Cena gets. He'd then win the title, and take on allcomers dominating the roster in a similar fashion to Roode, however the twist is, Cena wins all his matches clean, which gets him even more heat! He'll go through Hardy, Angle, Aries, Storm and all the other maineventers. After that someone who'll be sitting in the midcard will rise up to take the title from Cena. AJ Styles! He'll then end Cena's reign and start another great one!

Ah sorry for derailing there. But yeah Cena jumping ship, one can only dream...

It would seem that a move of this magnitude would shift the balance of power in pro wrestling, wouldn't it? John Cena is more than just the "#1 guy at the moment"..... he's by far the biggest thing in the industry and Vince simply couldn't allow the move to happen, no matter what it took to prevent it.

But if it did somehow occur, I don't think it would cause as many people to abandon WWE and move to TNA as you might think. I remember how it was when Kurt Angle went over; I thought his influence was so huge that he would take tons of WWE fans with him. But it didn't happen, did it? I consider Angle to be a man who could have become one of the legendary figures in wrestling.....and I think it would have happened had he stayed with Vince. Instead, he went to TNA and, in my opinion, tarnished his image by toiling in a second-rate company, forever damaging his chance of attaining legendary status. In other words, not only did Angle's going to TNA not cause many fans to switch their allegiance to the younger company..... it lowered the "it" factor for Kurt Angle. He's been a major league wrestler working in the minor leagues.

The same principle applies to Hulk Hogan. TNA (and probably Hogan himself) thought his showing up on their programming would provide such a monumental lift to their profile that they would take over as the #1 wrestling company. That didn't happen either, did it? In fact, TV ratings haven't improved one bit.....and TNA has had Hogan's huge salary to pay. (Don't think he comes cheap).

Yes, on the other hand, if he's caused merchandise sales to soar with thousands of people buying yellow headbands, that's a mitigating factor, but who among us knows whether that's true or not? (It's always amusing to read people on this forum who claim to "know" that merchandise buys have increased tremendously after a certain performer comes in. I mean, how do they know?)

So, when it comes to John Cena, I believe losing him would hurt WWE more than acquiring him would help TNA. Many folks would be less interested in following WWE if he weren't there......but I seriously doubt enough fans would start following TNA to justify the amount of money they'd have to pay Cena to get him there. If Hogan, Angle and Sting weren't enough to boost the TNA rocket, I doubt Cena by himself would make a significant difference.

Some, yes......but not enough to justify the move.

I would be completely shocked if Cena jumped. He is WWE's poster boy and I doubt that would ever change. And I'd be even more surprized that he would choose to go to TNA, which many consider to be minor league.

The same, shock. It might get alot of attention, if it ever happened.

I'm not a true John Cena fan. I respect what he's done for WWE and what he does with promoting the company and the make-a-wish stuff. I believe Cena could only help TNA as a company. He would be the first major WWE superstar to make the jump. It could possibly trigger the second round of company wars.

It would obviously add substance to the show. John Cena being in TNA would be interesting. It'd be interesting to see what Cena could do without any limits placed on what he could do, in the ring. I would also be intrigued to see if any of his work changed and to what degree.

I honestly don't think this would ever happen, as Cena seems to love WWE, and WWE sure loves him BUT if it were to happen I'd want to see what happened next, who WWE would try to use to replace Cena and how TNA books him. Overall, I'd be totally shocked.

Depends on their thoughts of Cena. The casual fan Cena haters would be jumping for joy, while the little kids and other Cena fans would be heartbroken.

I've said this before and I'll say it again- I think any company with John Cena will soon be #1. Maybe not right away, but over time. Why? First, I think tons of wrestlers would flock to Cena, as he's a likable guy. Also, the guy is Wrestling's #1 moneymaker. He sells the most merchandise, he's on the most TV shows, he's in the movies, he gets interviewed, he's at all the events, he's friends with celebrities, everything.

I honestly think this would be the only downside. While I'd wish they'd book Cena in the main events, but not have him crush everyone, that's how I'd see it. I think Dixie would want to do everything to keep Cena happy, and in doing so push everything around him, make him the center of everything, and have him outshine everyone.

I probably wouldn't even notice because I'd be distracted by the flying pigs and frozen over hell.

I know I sound like an ass and I'm not saying this because I prefer WWE over TNA though they are getting better but it obviously has zero possibility of happening so any thought I gave to it would be a waste of time.

Also, if a big guy was going to make the switch to TNA why would it be Cena? Everybody complains that he can't wrestle and thats what TNA/ TNA fans brag about, that they have better wrestling than the WWE so it seems counter-intuitive for them to go after a guy like Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back