• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Judge Y'rself

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
Seriously. Stop looking for approval, because you'll never find it satisfying if you don't approve of yourself. So this thread is your opportunity to say what you like and don't like about yourself. I'll do mine later, I'm on a train and someone is reading over my shoulder.

I like that I wanna do something in music, I hate it that at every turn I never finish.

I am assuming that this is limited to our Wrestlezone contributions, since the other threads were obviously Wrestlezone-centric. Wrestlezone isn't a psychologist's office, nor am I interviewing for a job.

As a 36 year old, who has been watching since the mid 80s, I tend to look at people who's only experience with wrestling began with the Attitude era to be uninformed to the point that I can't take most of their opinions seriously. Especially with the "Greatest ever" type of threads, when there are 50 posts in a row that mention a wrestler/team that was in diapers when the guys I think should be mentioned were wrestling. I have no problems admitting that I suffer from ageism. Is it a tad arrogant to look down on the children who think that tag teams were in their glory days with Edge and Christian, the Hardys and Dudleys? Probably. But unlike most of them, not only have I watched those teams, but I have also watched the Road Warriors, the Hart Foundation, the British Bulldogs, the Freebirds, the Von Erichs, the Horseman, the Midnight/Rock n' Roll Expresses, etc, and have a larger base of experience to go by. If you can't go old school, I am probably prejudiced against your opinion.

I am an amateur when it comes to trading verbal barbs...at least in comparison to someone like Sly, Brain or D-Man (there are others too, but a long list of everyone who is wittier than I am would be tedious, so even if you aren't mentioned specifically, you may still fit in to that group). I have my moments of witty/sarcastic brilliance, but not nearly as consistently as others. The fact that I don't always have a good snarky comeback to something pisses me off, too. Not that I got insulted, but that I didn't have an immediate comeback spring to mind.

I believe I am almost always right. But, if you don't have confidence in your opinions, why bother posting them at all?

However, with that being said, I think I am a pretty good poster. If I post an opinion, not only do I think I am right, but I am willing to back it up. There are reasons I post what I post, rather than just "John Cena shouldn't turn heel because it would be dumb", I will tell you Cena won't turn heel because of this, that, and another thing...Sometimes my explanations might be a little too verbose, but I would rather write more than I need to in order to get my views across than too little.

I also don't let personal views dictate who I agree with. It's a per-case thing, rather than a "so and so insulted me in thread X, so I now have a personal grudge and will automatically disagree with them in thread Y out of spite". Nope. I will argue against you in a thread we disagree on, and then turn around and back you up in the other. I think that is a good thing. This is a wrestling forum, not personal. It should be fun, and not full of personal vendettas.

I don't think I am one of the best posters at Wrestlezone by any means, but I am also confident that I am not anywhere near the bottom of the barrel either. I am probably somewhere in the mid-to upper-mid card range, not a main-eventer, but not a glorified jobber either. And that's perfectly fine with me. I have my flaws, I have my strengths, but I will be who I will be.

I thought this would be about the song

[YOUTUBE]m14pt9necao&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]

I like that I've almost completely finished my cover of Guns N Roses' Patience.

I don't like that I'll never be able to fully finish it because I can't whistle.

I like that I've almost completely finished my cover of Guns N Roses' Patience.

I don't like that I'll never be able to fully finish it because I can't whistle.

Why don't you get one of those whistling transplants, I hear they have those now.

I like the fact that I care about doing my job on the forum.

I don't like the fact that I care about doing my job on the forum.

I like the fact that I'm a terrible poster and rarely take anything seriously. I don't like it when I post in non-spam threads to raise my post count, only for a mod to move it to spam! That really grinds my gears and I don't like that...er, I don't like that I actually let that get to me. Sorta.

I'm not flexible enough. I always wind up choking on my nut sack and tea-bagging myself whenever I try.

But hey at least your creative about it. If I don't kiss my own ass from time to time, I never find the motivation to get shit done.

Self-ass-kissing is the best motivational tool there is.

Look at where it got Barry Horowitz...

horowitz_original_crop_340x234.jpg

I admire myself. My characteristics make those of mother Teresa pale in comparison.

I love that I perpetrate paralysis on others.

I like the fact that I help people in need of assistance every day.

I don't like the fact that I'm too nice at times and don't really tell people how it is when I should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back