JR's "bad taste" comments

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In case you missed it. J.R has today apologised over comments he made regarding the late Heath Ledger. The comments made were fairly innocuous to me but when I go back to watch it, it seems like it is bad taste.

When asked by the King if Mysterio was paying homage to Heath Ledger's "Joker" in "The Dark Knight". JR replied "Rey's career is alive and well, King".

So what does everyone think? Were these comment in bad taste. Should we have moved past his death as a society?

I literally just laughed out loud. I didn't even pick up on that when watching Wrestlemania. I don't give a damn personally, I should feel bad for laughing but I don't really. Meh. He was right to apologise, it'd just be the same as someone making a Benoit joke, and I doubt WWE would be happy with that happening. Bad taste, but most things said in bad taste are hilarious.

I heard this and forgot about it. It's really not that big of a deal. If I remember right he didn't say it like a joke or anything. No one seems to really have thought much about it at the time. the guy is talking with a more than million person audience with 70,000 people screaming. He's not allowed to slip up once? Really not a big deal.

I heard this and forgot about it. It's really not that big of a deal. If I remember right he didn't say it like a joke or anything. No one seems to really have thought much about it at the time. the guy is talking with a more than million person audience with 70,000 people screaming. He's not allowed to slip up once? Really not a big deal.

Actually JR said in his apology blog:

"My attempt to make a topically, funny remark came out wrong but it's on me"

So in actual fact he may have been making a joke.

I actually thought it was pretty fun, but of course people are going to be offended by it. Apoligizing was the right thing to do, but I bet deep down inside good ole JR is still laughing about this one.

Didnt really bother me one little bit. But then I amm sure it would of offended and upset some people and I guess I can sort of see why that would be.

But in the end its good for JR to come out and apologise for it, then anyone that got hysterical over it can move on.

I wasn't "offended" by it, as I never knew Heath Ledger personally, nor am I one of those delusional people that thinks if I'm a fan of someone's work, then I know them. But I still think it was a pretty tasteless joke. Sure, its been a while since his death, and I'm sure as hell not the first guy that says you can never joke about the more serious issues, but the joke didn't really serve a purpose. If JR was a comedian like Lisa Lampanelli, someone who has a reputation of really taking some hard shots out there (especially during the Roasts), I'd look at it in a different light, but JR's a babyface play by play commentator on a wrestling program whose never been funny outside of how he used to scream "Fruity! Fruity fruity! Skittles!! FRUITY SKITTLES!! FRUITY FRUITY FRUITY!!!"

Overall though, it was a stupid comment that bombed and he apologized for it. Everybody at some point makes a joke like that. No reason to really get strung up on the guy and hate him or something.

oh please, it's just ridiculous how soft society has become. no one can say anything without people getting all upset by it and offended. it's true, mysterio's career is alive and stuff, not like he lied...he didnt mean to ruffle anyone panties. he apologized and that was that. i didnt even notice what he had said, even if i did, i probably wouldnt have even cared.

ledger is dead, yes it was a tragedy, but that's that. people still make fun of how elvis died (on the shitter blah blah). words are words and that's it. people need to loosen up a bit.

meh this is similar to how Obama "apparantly compared his bowling to special olympics"..something that only Obama found offensive but no one else cared...same story

I truly forgot that JR made this comment. It's not like many people cared about the comments & it's a good thing that JR apologized about the comments before the media had the chance to eat the hell out of all this.

This is just another example of someone wanting to make a big deal out of nothing. Good for JR to applogize, however I dont think he even needed too. Maybe clarify, but in my opinion there was nothing to be sorry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back