• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Morrison

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
I've been thinking: If the ''Benoit Tradegy'' never happened... where would John Morrison be in the WWE now? WWE obviously trusted him enough to allow him to replace Benoit at Vengeance: Night of Champions, but would be still have as much credibility?

I'm sure that when Benoit won the E.C.W. Championship, he would have fueded with Morrison, but would WWE let him get the title? Even at that... where would C.M. Punk be? So I want to know... if Benoit never committed the ''Double Murder-Suicide'', would Morrison still be this successful?

I don't really think it would have mattered that much. Morrison is more known for his time with the Miz rather than his ECW title reign. He was already a former multiple time IC champion when Vengeance happened so he was apparently someone that company was going to inverst time in anyway. He would still have gotten to the level he's at today, just maybe not on the same path that he's taken to get there now.

Noo it wouldnt have mattered. Barely anyone even remember it happened. Especially since he was suspended pretty shortly thereafter. He is far more known for his current character and involvement in the tag team, than anything else. It was a very short, stunted, non memorable title reighn, and he is a guy who has MANY other matches/times he is remembered for, not the ECW title. wouldnt have mattered

Morrison was going to be in like for a major push anyway his ring skills are amaizing. hes got great mic skills as youve seen the stuff Miz and Morrison come up with on the dirt sheet.

morrison for the ecw title!

He would be at the level he is now but just not without that good reign he had as ECW Champion

I think he'd still be in the red hot team with the Miz. But he'd be a lot harder to push as a singles star. Him and Punk put on some good matches, both the 15 minutes of fame, and Punks title win were as good as anything that has happened on an ECW broadcast since it's return.

I think in his reign he showed the WWE that he can put on a good match, and can be the heel against a mega over face, and still entertain.

I think the idea that maybe Benoit's double-murder had anything to do with his push is amusing in so many ways. Infact I feel he should come, and break a little character to address this exact issue. This is something that would have happened in the old ECW. Having that sort of edge to the show, and keeping it out in the open. Morrison doing that would be extreme.

Remember Morrison way looong ago while he was with Mercury was feuding with Road Warrior Animal, and Heidi. Morrison asked Animal where his tag team partner was. Then he followed that up by and oops I forgot he is dead. That was some real shit there, and have been marking out for Morrison ever since that point in his WWE career.

During the Dirt Sheet he should break from character, and tell it like it is. Talk about how he didn't get a rub off some shamed, poor excuse of human being, Chris Benoit. He could also say that he did what any other man in his position would do, except he won which most men aren't capable of doing. Keeping his whole "heel" persona kicking. Basically telling all the fans to kiss his ass. Look at in to the audience, and say "Benoit consumed himself in an eternal darkness, while I John Morrison provide all those who enter the Palace of Wisdom the guidance of light, truth, and knowledge."

I think the idea that maybe Benoit's double-murder had anything to do with his push is amusing in so many ways. Infact I feel he should come, and break a little character to address this exact issue. This is something that would have happened in the old ECW. Having that sort of edge to the show, and keeping it out in the open. Morrison doing that would be extreme.

Remember Morrison way looong ago while he was with Mercury was feuding with Road Warrior Animal, and Heidi. Morrison asked Animal where his tag team partner was. Then he followed that up by and oops I forgot he is dead. That was some real shit there, and have been marking out for Morrison ever since that point in his WWE career.

During the Dirt Sheet he should break from character, and tell it like it is. Talk about how he didn't get a rub off some shamed, poor excuse of human being, Chris Benoit. He could also say that he did what any other man in his position would do, except he won which most men aren't capable of doing. Keeping his whole "heel" persona kicking. Basically telling all the fans to kiss his ass. Look at in to the audience, and say "Benoit consumed himself in an eternal darkness, while I John Morrison provide all those who enter the Palace of Wisdom the guidance of light, truth, and knowledge."

That is one of the most disgusting posts I've ever read. I'm all for Morrison doing what it takes to be as good as he can be. Think about it though they've gone out of their way to bury any memory of Benoit erasing him from the history books and pretending he never existed they took him and Orton off the rehashed Summerslam 2004 DVD cover. So why in the blue hell would Vince let Morrison go and say that? Oh and if it were a shoot Morrison would have no job. The quote was nice at the end but that post was totally ignorant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back