• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena Vs. Randy Orton......when will it happen again?

CelticPride101

Occasional Pre-Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKtnBGwzJaE credit the WWE production team for making this feud look 10x better then it really was. I remember when everyone wanted these two have a long, drawn out feud but when it finally happened, to me it was kind of a let down. Sure there were some memorable moments (Orton punting Cena's dad, The RKO on the chair at SNME, Orton quits in the I quit match, their iron man match at Bragging Rights) but I just feel like the feud had got tiresome and I think that their ironman match was a great way to end the feud......for now (it was also a very good match as well). Now I get it, currently this feud probably won't happen for awhile with Cena wrapped up with Lauranaitis (sp) and Orton wrapped up in that fatal four way match, but I feel like it is almost inevitable for this to happen again. So question here is Would you want to see a Orton Vs Cena feud again? and When do you think it will happen?

long time reader first time poster.

Hopefully it will not happen for a long time. There last few matches have bored me to where i cant be arssed to watch.
IF they leave it for a couple of years and the gimmicks are slightly more intresting then i might care but if not there is no point in them fueding again.

This is one of the best rivalries in my opinion. Sure people got tired of it, but the answer to your question, yes, I do think it will happen again. I will predict with in the next year. I always wanted to see them face off one-on-one at Wrestlemania. For example, when John Cena won the 2008 Royal Rumble, I was looking forward to seeing him face Orton at 'Mania 24 for the WWE title, but then my hopes went down when Cena said he would face Orton at No Way Out. Another example would be Orton winning the Rumble in 2009. Rather than him facing Triple H for the WWE Title, I was hoping he would choose John Cena and the World Heavyweight Championship. And yes I realized that would've messed up the storyline, but it's just my opinion. But one of my ideas if they wanted to have another could rivalry, have Cena be the heel and Orton be the face. I know face vs face feuds are possible. But heel Cena vs face Orton could work. But I mean, they have put on some good matches, with my favorites being Hell in a Cell, and the Ironman match. It should happen soon though. It will either be next year or the year after. Maybe Wrestlemania not even for a title. I just think something has to happen that will make them hate each other and want to destroy the other.

But overall: Yes, it will happen again.
When it will happen: Next year or the year after.

Since im a orton fan i will love this fued to happen especially since ortons a face now ..and he faces cena as a face while cenas still faces....plus since orton hasnt faced cena for a while now ortons career has gone big hes now one of the faces in the company so i think this match deserved to be at wrestlemania ..im guessing wrestlemania 30 Orton v Cena both as a face ...it will be a modern day rock v austin :L ..i know i kinda over reacted by sayin rock v austin my bad

It's true to say that they are the nearest thing to "this era's Rock and Austin"; easily the most successful and most over superstars of the last ten years.

When will they meet again? When creative decide to unify the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships. Wrestlemania 30 is my prediction, as I've stated before elsewhere.

I don't think that this feud will happen anytime before the next Wrestlemania.

After that, there might occur a situation where Cena runs out of credible opponents due to Rock/Brock leaving, Undertaker retiring etc. That would be a good time for a feud with Orton.

I have no doubt that any future matches they have will be better than the ones they had during their previous feud. Orton has improved a lot in the ring and almost every match of his is above average. He had several above-average matches with Kane, which is no mean accomplishment. I would prefer if the future matches/feud be for the WWE/Heavyweight championship.

I think its bound to happen again, because in 07 cena got hurt and basically shut the feud down after summerslam, and in 09 they drew big money with that feud. I think it'd be cool if they faced off at wrestlemania 30, not for the title but simply for bragging rights. They're the 2 biggest names that have carried the wwe since wrestlemania 20.
You can say what you want about them in the ring, but when they're in a big match, they never fail to show up. I think it'd be pretty cool to see it at wm30

I agree. Orton has come a long way from then, his in-ring skills are so smooth and well polished now that he is constantly putting on good matches (EVEN with Kane as you said which is not easy). Both these superstars have matured from that time, so this feud I think would be much more effective. Although I would like to see the strap on Cena and Orton chasing.

True i can just imagine it Wrestlemania 30 CENA vs ORTON ...the 2 big dogs in wwe modern day rock v austin...and it will be the biggest match at that mania ..if taker aint wrestling if he does it will be his last match and it will over shawdow orton v cena

Eventually it'll come round again. Great feud, though Cena's best was with Edge and Orton's was with Trips. Best to let it lie fallow for awhile.

If Cena ever does a heel turn, face Orton vs. heel Cena could be interesting.

I could see this feud happening near the end of both guys careers and a match at a future Mania. It could be sorta like Rock vs. Austin at Mania 19. It was Austins last match, so far, and this could be maybe Cena or Ortons last match, possibly. I can see Orton being the legend killer again for this feud saying he is going to end the legend of Cena at Mania whatever, maybe 30?

A couple years. I'd really like to see them do a small program against one another as faces just because it would be a change of pace.
I think a Wrestlemania match is inevitably in their future, but I think Orton should be heel when they do that. Orton's just better as a heel.

If WWE decides to unify the brands again, I think Cena/Orton at Mania for the unified WWE championship would be awesome. I don't think either one of them need to be heel, but it wouldn't hurt.

However, by next year's Mania, I think one of the two will be heel. WWE's top 4 guys are baby face, and they lack top heels. Around time of the draft I predict Orton coming to Raw and getting a full heel push. I think he can ride that momentum into Mania to have a face-off with Cena, but with all the talk of Cena/Lesnar or Cena/Rock, I think Orton may be a Wrestlemania after thought yet again.

The Cena/Orton feud has always had such great potential -- what with them being the two top guys in the business and all -- but I don't believe it's ever really followed up and impressed me. A lot of that, in my opinion, is due to the fact that both of them follow a rather mechanical approach in the ring. I don't mean they are bad, or slow, but they both follow a specific pattern that is largely the same in each match. You get some variation depending on the opponent, but with them both going at it it's just not that entertaining to watch.

When will it happen again? Will it ever happen again? I'm sure that at some point these two will collide, but I wouldn't put money on it happening soon. I also wouldn't put money on a face vs face encounter. Even if Orton is one of the more "heelish" faces on the roster, they're both too big in the WWE's eyes to pit against each other as good guys. Now, if in the future they turn Orton back, or *gasp* turn Cena heel, it'd be a much more viable feud. We've seen good Cena vs bad Orton SO many times, I'd like to see their first encounter with the opposite being true. Honestly that's the only way I think this is going to happen... If they turn Cena heel, Punk and Orton become the two top faces. It's inevitable at that point.

Of course I'm always a supporter of heel Randy Orton. The question now is if WWE has the balls to make him go full-on bad guy again, and let him reach that level of despicable he hit in his final feud with Triple H. That, in my opinion, was the pinnacle of Orton's career thus far.

Yes I totally agree with you. When Orton was feuding with Trips going into Wrestlemania I believe he was at the very top of his game. Lately he has seemed to fall off (even though I feel like last summer's feud with Christian kind of rejuvenated him). But can you guys really see heel Cena vs face Orton? don't get me wrong it'd be refreshing to see but I just have a hard time picturing that. I feel like the best way to go would be a heel Orton, where he is at his best chasing the title. But i'm guessing they should probably hold off on this feud because I mean you want to try your very damn best to put on a great program between the two, due to their first one being a bit lackluster.

The WWE doesn't seem as high on Orton as they once were. It's a shame.

No matter what trash has been thrown at him, Orton comes out looking like a million bucks, and so do his opponent. He's as over as they come right now, and that's a miracle considering his lack of decent/big storylines.

Do I think it's going to happen again? I sure hope so. I'd love to see a face Orton vs. face Cena feud, or even a heel Cena vs. face Orton. I don't see either happening in the near future, because, like I said earlier, someone obviously isn't digging Orton right now.

Of course its gonna happen again, they are two of the biggest superstars in WWE history. How many times did Rock and Austin feud? I agree with the sentiments of others, Orton is better as a heel and a title chaser, Cena as Champion, Orton chasing him Wrestlemania 30. I could see that as the big match on that card. Undertaker should be retired by then, Brock and Rock will probably be gone. Just makes alot of sense. Orton has had a lot of lack luster spots at Wrestlemania the past few years, its just a matter of time before he is in another big match situation on the grandest stage of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back