John Cena Is The *NEW* WWE United States Champion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Cena just handed Rusev his first loss to capture his 4th United States Championship. While not exactly a 100% clean win, as WWE protected Rusev a little due to what happened with Lana, but Rusev ultimately didn't come out looking bad at all.

As the new United States Champion, Cena is pretty much guaranteed to raise the prestige of the title.

Well obviously this will lead to a rematch at the next PPV. Rusev should have a rematch clause plus, Cena didn't win clean so the feud isn't quite over. Good match. Much better than I anticipated.

The US Title being on Cena means there is no way it gets lost in the shuffle. Cena's a top star and he'll defend it t every PPV. Nothing but good can come from this.

Nothing but good can come from this for the WWE and its fans.

Cena gets a win and that means his fans will be happy to tune in every week and buy more of his merchandise. Cena is the US champ and that means the title will be seen as important and defended regularly and against good competition in meaningful matches.

Rusev loses to a wrestler with lots of credibility. If he has to get lost in the shuffle or go down to lower mid-card after his inevitable rematch with Cena, that's fine because his character is very one-dimensional and is only better than Vladimir Kozlov because of Lana, who could be with any other wrestler to elevate them slightly.

Overall, this will be great for WWE programming going forward.

Rusev is a fucking star, we all knew Cena was gonna win but from the entrance to his match Rusev brought it. Incredibly charismatic, insanely agile, and brilliant psychology.

Just please don't give me a cheap rebound victory on RAW over Cena's team in a six man tag. Rusev should be done with Cena now and he should move on.

Cena is in a great spot to help incoming talent move up the card. Cena gives you a spotlight and a great target..I've just come to accept that he wins in the end.

So proud of Rusev tonight.

Well I say, in the words if the late Eddie Guerrero, whoopty ding dong. I was routing for Rusev (best entrance at this years mania btw). I don't like Cena, but felt that the US title was beneath him.

I would have booked like this:

Ref goes down
Sheamus comes out
Fans think he's gunning for Rusev for taking his title, but swerves everyone and takes out Cena
This sets up a Cena/Sheamus feud

Tomorrow night on Raw I would pick up the Rusev/Ryback program they started last year, but let fizzle without a match
I would have had Ryback beat him for the belt at Extreme Rules

I think the match could of been better, but that isn't saying it was bad. Could of at least done some brawling outside the ring.

But I think this is a plus for the US title, and a plus for Rusev, while Cena didn't need to be the guy to end his streak, Rusev doesn't need to be Goldberg, get the streak over with and forget about it, good while it lasted, but now that its over Rusev can move on. Hopefully he doesn't lose on a regular basis now.

cena wins the us title is great for us title not cena. I wonder why some american idiots cheers rusev and boos cena. At first i also think most of fans boos cena. Later i realize a group of idiots got their seats in front side and make loud boos and noise when cena fighting. Its shame they cheer rusev an anti american.

this is a great move for the prestige of the US title. Cena's won the world title so many times that winning a mid card title could/should help bring the title up. he won't lose a ton of non title matches like previous us champions. hopefully the same goes for the IC title now that Bryan's champion.

That's quite good, not only for the belt, but also because not having Cena omnipresent in the main event actually makes appreciating him easier.

Also hopefully we've seen the last of Rusev and stupid "american supremacy" storylines for a while :p

Should be a fun run, many good options for Cena in the mid-card and many guys that deserve to be elevated, which John Cena is a perfect tool for. I think a heel Sheamus is a good option for Cena, but if they really want to get him over as a heel, they'll put him with Bryan and Ziggler. I think Ambrose is a great option for John Cena, although he'll ultimately have to take a loss again... but if they can have a 4-5 month feud with title changes and swerves, than I think it could be a good program.

Rusev should be done with Cena now and he should move on.

Agreed. The two of them have been at it long enough and it's time for something new. As it is, Cena did a lot to solidify Rusev's reputation as a top-level fighter and both men should head in different directions.

Obviously, Cena is part of a new concept being tried out by WWE, as is Daniel Bryan. Apparently, they want to raise the status of the lesser titles (US & IC) and figure the way to do it is to put the belts around the waists of main event performers and let them deal with midcard wrestlers.....helping them to advance to upper midcard status.

Remember how highly the Intercontinental Championship was thought of back when men like Ultimate Warrior were wearing the belt? Having guys like Cena and Bryan as titleholders might help the belts return to their previous high status.

As for Rusev, I wouldn't be surprised to see him going after the world title now, joining guys like Brock, Seth Rollins and (hopefully) Roman Reigns in the title chase. How ironic would that be?......in effect, having Rusev elevated above John Cena after having just lost to him?

The Cena haters should be thrilled.:)

Cena can help the belt for sure. He brings credibility and interest although, to be fair, so did Rusev. During his title reign they booked him strong and he was a major part of the show. Not an afterthought like many champs before him.

How long Cena holds the belt is difficult to predict. He is probably due some time off so maybe this is just a short reign. Maybe he only won so to give fans a happy moment at Mania, especially with Rollins winning the main-event. I could imagine him dropping the belt to Rusev at the next PPV before taking time off.

If we are looking at potential feuds then I am very curious. Does Cena bring up the belt so he perhaps feuds with guys like Wyatt and Sheamus? Or does it remain a lower tier belt so he tries to shine some spotlight on someone like Harper. All I know is I'm interested in this title and that can only be a good thing.

Great move. Hope he gets a lengthy reign with several chasers.

That said, LOL @ Cena being "midcard" he's John FUCKING Cena, he can go out on the pre-show and it would be a BFD. He's not a "midcarder" (and there's nothing wrong with being one).

im hoping that Dean Ambrose is next to challenge that was a good match on monday but i feel they can do one better at xtreme rules. They really need to boost Ambroses credibility soon. Not sure how many more losses he can suffer before he starts to fall down hill. I think a feud with Cena and a potential US title win will do him wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back