• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena Heel Turn?

Rated TKE

Dark Match Jobber
I Was Watching Vemgence 2003 And Cena Was A Heel Fighting The Undertaker, He Was Good. I Dont Like Cena Now He Was Better On Smackdown As A Heel. I Think The Wwe Should Keep Him On Raw Where He Can Maybe Turn Heel And Have No Programs. What Do U All Think? Do U Wanna See Cena Heel Or Not?

No, He is the top face off the wwe and would be down right stupid to turn him heel at this time when he is getting mega pops almost every week and dont forget the $$$$$$ he is making too much off that too be heel he should never turn heel unless his popularity started too slide which i dont think it will ever happen and also this is not the 1st ever made you should look around first because there was a cena heel topic about 2 weeks ago so to finish off no he should never be heel.

And also expect a rain of red rep coming your way.

It's all about money, heel Cena = less money; and that is not a good thing for the WWE right now with the recent cuts they have had to make. In addition to the money thing, both shows are too laden with top tier heels with Jericho, Orton, JBL, Edge, Show, and Koslov.

With Cena being the face of the WWE, it just wouldn't be right to have him become a heel, at least not yet. Cena is in a position where he is able to set a good example to the younger generation of fans as he had to work his ass off to get into the WWE. He had to train hard and eat well and shit to get into the shape he's in. He took part in loads of sports as a teen but also studied hard and got good grades. He now works endlessly promoting the WWE, doing whatever he can, he has a strong work-effic. He's seen as the guy who came pretty much from nothing and is now a global phenomenon, showing that if you work hard enough, anyone can do what he's done. All these things are what make Cena so important to the WWE and they wouldn't want to do anything to hurt that. So Cena will not and should not turn heel. End of story.

No way. Cena is creating future fans by appealing to younger fans as the ultimite role model in a similiar way that Hulk Hogan did. It's people like John Cena that are keeping wrestling alive and are making sure that there will be another boom peroid in wrestling.

Perhaps years down the line John Cena can do what Hogan did and turn heel when wrestling is popular enough not to need him as a face but currently WWE needs the champ

NO....why turn him heel now of all times. If the WWE should have pulled the trigger on turning Cena heel at all it was back during his long title run when he was getting booed alot of places or at best mix reactions. They didnt pull the trigger then, why, because he makes them way to much money right now. IF i'm correct didnt he have the best selling merchandise year last year outside of one of Austin's years??? And the topper as to why they shouldnt turn him heel right now is lets face it, he is getting cheered almost everywhere he goes. I think its a combination of people starting to respect him and see him for what he is, not what they wish he was, and also credit has to be given to the heels he is battling. If they didnt pull the trigger on the heel turn during his big title run why on earth should they do it now when he is getting cheered, which is exactly what Vince and the WWE want because it means even bigger $$$.

I'd love to see John a Heel. But think about it. A lot of kids look up to John Cena. If they turned him heel, some people would stop watching, And some kids may try to follow his bad examples. Just like Rey Mysterio. A lot of kids would be very upset if they turned heel

I think Cena would be a great heel. Hulk Hogan was the ultimate face and look how amazing that turn was. He could even use his movie status to play a I'm too great for anyone attitude. He doesn't understand why half the audience boos him. Hates how the industry has had to cheer guys like the rock stone cold hhh or something like that. And for god sakes let him rip on people hes pretty funny. Give him some guys who are not getting over well in a stable. Cryme Tyme turn. They are sick of having to be stereotyped how African Americans must act & talk like & take it out on the fans. They become the Executives, wear suits, act all business style, and are very articulate. Use great tag double team skills. Dolf Zigler as the middle guy. He just has a Mr. Perfect type attitude that would fit well with this group. I also think this guy is great and not used well, but I love hearing "I'm Dolf Zigler" over and over. He is also pretty good in the ring from what we have seen. Maybe the Giant as a big muscle guy. Also throw in a Female, I think a Kelly Kelly heel flip would help her out, & she could fit in with a cocky attitude because shes smoking hot. Give them all the belts on one show. Let them hold the Belts for at least 8 months to a year and run some wild jumping people and narrowly escaping with their belts. Then you can flip Cena back with a Zigler turn that would give Zigler the group and push him to main event status. I think a Cena heel turn could be amazing if played right. I'm not saying this is the only way it can happen, but I would not mind seeing it.

I kinda like Cena when he was a heel....he was funny wit his lil rap battles....but thing is like everyone else said.....he's looked up to by all this lil kids and seein as a role model to them....its the same wit rey mysterio.....but lets say they did......they would have to change either orton or edge face.....those are the two biggest heels and it would take one of them to counter the cena turn

You cant forget his films. WWE films would not make as much money on their films if Cena was a heel. He is the modern day Hulk. I dont see him turning into a heel, although i would rather him be one. Hell, i would rather him leave the WWE. He is attracting the kids into the show, which is correlating into crappy matches (No blood). An he does only have like 5 moves. Orton is the real man!

It's all about money, heel Cena = less money; and that is not a good thing for the WWE right now with the recent cuts they have had to make. In addition to the money thing, both shows are too laden with top tier heels with Jericho, Orton, JBL, Edge, Show, and Koslov.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that merchandising has much to with it. If being a heel affected your merchandise sales, then no-one would ever agree to be a heel (how much money do Edge and Randy Orton miss out on then, if they don't sell as many T-shirts). Besides, I see a few fans wearing "Rated-R Superstar" T-shirts on "Smackdown" every week, and Triple H T-shirts were popular when Triple H was a heel.

Also, the biggest example- Do you know what the biggest selling merchandise of any act in professional wrestling history was - The NWO!!!! Not Austin 3:16, not "Hulkamania" T-shirts, but "nWo"- a heel faction.

A heel act can sell merchandise if they are cool. Edge is considered cool, so he sells. Same with Triple H when he was heel, and the nWo . They were "cool" heels, so were still cheered, and thus people wanted to be "cool" like them.

You know what I bet. I bet that if John Cena went heel, he would still sell, because the fans may start to actually cheer for him. One of his major faults is that he comes across "too polite, too nice". Maybe a harder, more intense "heelish" darker Cena, would appeal more, not less. Kids would still want his shirts, because he would be "cooler" (in these days, wrestling fans consider "bad" as "cool"). Also, older wrestling fans would buy, because they would consider Cena cool, like nWo was cool.

You look at Cena when he was a heel in 2003. He was getting cheered so much, they turned him face. Heels are "cooler" so I think keeping him face because it may hurt his "marketability" is fallacy.

People comparing him to Hogan don't know what they are talking about really.
Hogan was the top face in the world for 13 years before the nWo turn ... 13 years. Not 13 years of being near the top ... 13 years of being THE TOP GUY. That is what made his turn so special ... it was a complete swerve that NOBODY saw coming.
Cena has only been the top face for what ... four years? He has a long way to go as a face ... he makes way too much money.

Cena should be going back to rapping. i think WWE has slacked off a bit because of being more appealing to kids. WWE was better when they could say whatever they wanted.

Cena is a tweaner ws for a while, I think this quetion is coming up do to the vickie/edge/show/cena storyline. I thin it's a 100 times more likely to see vickie turn face which it looks like it then cena ever trning heel.

I Was Watching Vemgence 2003 And Cena Was A Heel Fighting The Undertaker, He Was Good. I Dont Like Cena Now He Was Better On Smackdown As A Heel. I Think The Wwe Should Keep Him On Raw Where He Can Maybe Turn Heel And Have No Programs. What Do U All Think? Do U Wanna See Cena Heel Or Not?

I think it would be great if everyone in the world capitalized the first letter of every word they wrote, because it makes it so much easier to read.

Cena doesn't do it for me face or heel. He plays the part of a wigger either way. The fact that he is from the WHITEST city on the planet sort of demeans his character. Why does he have to stick his hands straight out when he runs?

Cena IS Hulk Hogan all over again. Neither has any type of move set, but both are incredibly over with kids. I think as much as us marks all talk about it, we would be EXTREMELY surprised if they finally pulled the trigger on a Cena heel turn. It may have taken Hogan 10+ years to turn, but if you compare the number of PPVs and number and length of televised events, it feels like Cena has been forced down our throats just as long. In the mid-80s they weren't doing 12-14 PPVs a year. They didn't have 5 hours of new programming every week, plus multiple showings and recap shows. Cena's 4 years on top may have had more exposure than Hogan's 10+.

Another thing to consider is that with tough economic times, you're going to have less families going to WWE events, buying a $30 t-shirt for everyone involved, etc. This may be the PERFECT time to turn Cena heel. The wrestling marks (us), would go crazy over a corporate, cocky Cena that bad mouths the fans and cities he's in. His new, not cheesy "HLR" merch, would fly off the shelves at live events, not to mention concessions with an older age demographic (a couple beers vs. one soda).

As great as Jericho, Orton, and Edge are as heels right now, a Cena turn could actually improve ratings. The problem is without competition from other organizations, there's no pressure on the WWE to change their "golden boy, hype man". Lest we forget if there was no WCW and the NWO, we may not have gotten an "Attitude" era.

cena's eventual heel turn will be on similar grounds to hogans but it will be a few years away when it wont hurt the company

Even though I think it would be better for television to turn Cena heel...the merchandising and marketability would take a HUGE hit. So it probably won't happen. The best time to turn him would've been Mania 23 against HBK after that amazing fan exchange during cuts to each of them during the HOF broadcast. The heel turn would've worked and made sense but money wise would've probably been a disaster.

I remember a thread a couple weeks, maybe a month ago, people where talking about having a superstar "fall of the map" for like six months. I must say that it would be the perfect angle to turn cena into a legit heel. Maybe even wait for him to get injured again, he does seem to be a little injury prone.

Lets say cena gets injured, hes gone for a while, no shaving, no haircuts, and pics up an anti establishment attitude, because he feels he is being targeted in the wwe, or he feels like hes just being used by vince, and is sick up being his "puppet" you could make up any angle like that.

Have Cena's music hit, in some sort of superman situation, fans are going crazy thinking cena is going to save the day, and out comes this shady looking version of cena, He cuts a promo, shits all over everybody, leaves the crowd in shock.

I could see a dominating heel run for cena, a huge ratings boost for for a few shows, and a steady boost in rating for a couple months, all the cena fans will tune in, and the cena haters will tune in, and just maybe it would be enough to bring in some fans from outside the world of wrestling just to catch a glimpse of the new cena.

For everyone that says a Cena turning heel would be bad for wrestling because of his popularity, might I remind you of Hulk Hogan. Hogan was far more popular and when he turned heel with the NWO, wrestling took off. I hate Cena anyway but maybe if he turned heel more people would start watching again. A great deal of people are tired of having Cena shoved down our throats. I know personally I would watch more if Cena turned heel. The only reason I watch Raw now is because HHH is on there more!

Cena as a heel would be a great thing. But it cant happen 4 two reasons

-It took a lot of work into making him the top face in the company, if he is removed from the face spot, who would take that place, Batista, hell no. He makes the most money for tha wwe, and that aint change. Like it or not, he is the Hogan, Austin of the new generation, wit not as great fan appeal, and not much of a rebel attitude.

-Cena's character is a hard working, do no wrong character. The only time i ever thought Cena waz turning heel was when he feuded with Chrsi Jericho last year and he made those hard attacks on Jericho, but if u look at Cena, do u see a heel, dont. He looks like he has changed from his old ways as a heel rapper. Im still lookin for a big feud from him and Randy (next Rock and Austin in my opinion).
-------

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back