Jim Ross: Daniel Bryan is not WWE’s answer to ratings decline; The paying customers a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocker

Dark Match Winner
A new blog entry at Jim Ross site, JrsBarBQ.com.

“Amazing that some people think that Daniel Bryan’s return can cure all WWE TV ratings ills alone. Not true. Bryan should not be considered for a return until he is completely, 100% medically cleared of which WWE will insure.

Ratings go down just like live event tickets sales and for the same reasons….the paying customers are not getting what they feel that they want. Promoters get market research daily.

Those that listen and compromise what they may be feeling is the right way to go generally are rewarded with increased profitability. Those that think that the fans don’t know what the fans really want, generally continue to downtrend. It’s simple marketing 101.

Listen to the paying customers and allow them to guide you to what some refer to the Promised Land or, better said, the land of profitability.”

The New Day are the perfect example of this. 3 guys that have absolutely taken off since they've been allowed to do their own thing instead of what they were given.

CM Punk also said in his documentary that when he would get handed a script by creative, he would tear it up in front of them and go out and improvise..

JR's telling Vince to pay more attention to his audience.
HHH is telling Vince to pay more attention to his audience.

Will he listen?

205wdn4.png

Stealing thread topics is one thing; stealing outright thread posts is another.

Unless, of course that's another of your alts

Is Vince listening to the fans? No. If you want proof, see Royal Rumble 2015, Kane and Big Show's recent pushes, and this ridiculous love triangle (square) stuff between Rusev, Dolph Ziggler, Lana, and Summer Rae.

Will Vince listen to his fans in the future? Maybe, especially if the ratings continue to decline. He's going to have to do something.

Unfortunately, Vince's idea of "something" is Nikki Bella breaking the record, Kane having an identity crisis, and Big Show being booked very strongly.

I have a theory Vince has been "phoning it in" since WCW folded. He clearly isn't trying anymore. Part of the reason he isn't is because he doesn't necessarily have to. A good portion of WWE fans will watch no matter how terrible the product is. However with the ratings continually declining, Vince is going to have to put some effort into WWE now. I wish Vince and WWE the best of luck in doing so.

Or there's 500 million other things on TV and entertainment options nowadays. Plus the economy isn't as great as it used to be.

Paraphrased from Scott Hall. Makes sense to me.

Oh and 3 hours is going to drive Raw's ratings down vs 2 hours. 3 hours is just too damn long.

ow, this Crocker guy is pretty immature...but anyways there are millions of reason WWE is on the decline, Agreed with the above poster, the show is too damn long, the talent are too damn strapped down, there are certain wrestlers that should retire or put over new guys on the come up. Material needs to be more adult oriented or make parts of the show for kids and others for adults (The latter half) much like Raw of the late 90's

Also utilize your talent to the fullest. For some reason Vince thinks limiting these wrestlers, especially the ones that can really wrestler is a good thing...Many other reasons I'm too lazy to name at the moment

ow, this Crocker guy is pretty immature...but anyways there are millions of reason WWE is on the decline, Agreed with the above poster, the show is too damn long, the talent are too damn strapped down, there are certain wrestlers that should retire or put over new guys on the come up. Material needs to be more adult oriented or make parts of the show for kids and others for adults (The latter half) much like Raw of the late 90's

That'd be hard to sell advertisers on.

Whats that supposed to mean?

Normally it means exactly what it says. In your case however, it has also taken on a second meaning where it additionally means don't tell the staff how to enforce rules that you cannot even follow yourself.

Remember the time Crocker started his own thread about answering wrestling questions, and he had no idea what a review was?

I miss those times. At least he shared his very own opinion and didn't hit Copy + Paste back then.

Okay this is just bullshit.. the double standards here are just ridiculous. Smooth Sexual Chocolate did something even WORSE than what I did yet he receives no infraction.. what an awesome clique!

Okay this is just bullshit.. the double standards here are just ridiculous. Smooth Sexual Chocolate did something even WORSE than what I did yet he receives no infraction.. what an awesome clique!

Smooth Sexual Chocolate has not logged in since 9/22 and he hasn't posted since August.

Was there a link in the post you got the warning for Crocker?

There was, but it got removed because he broke the rules.

It's only a double standard if the two parties involved start off putatively equal. You have no equals here, thus by definition a double standard cannot be applied to you on these boards.

I clicked on literally every letter on the image and not once did it take me to another website.

A: It wasn't Smooth Sexual Chocolate. You're apparently illiterate.

B: He only posted a screenshot. It doesn't link to anything.

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back