• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jesus, Juan Manuel Lopez-Rafael Marquez Was A War

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
Both men came to fight and both men were throwing bombs for 8 or 9 rounds. Lopez won the fight by a technical knockout, after Marquez allegedly injured his shoulder to the point of not being able to finish. Marquez fought like a warrior, though. Brilliant counters, combinations and inside fighting for Lopez though.

Marquez isn't really prime anymore, but it's a solid win for the Puerto Rican. Good fight.

Anybody else catch the fight?

I saw it. Truly was a great fight, and without a doubt the biggest win in Juanma's bright career. As much as I dislike him, and as much as I wanted him to loose, I got's to give him some credit, he took some big shots, some great hooks by Marquez, and still kept on going.
I would really like too see a rematch. From hearing the post-fight interviews, I'm guessing both of'em are down for it. Arum seems interested in a rematch as well.

The only reason I would've wanted Juanma too win is because I really want to see him fight Yuriorkis Gamboa. Even though Chris John is number one in the division, this is the fight people and I really want too see.

This was a good fight. It turned into a great fight after round 4 when Marquez stunned Lopez. The resilience that Lopez showed in coming back and landing some devastating shots was impressive and bodes well for his future in the division.

Gamboa vs Juanma would be a firefight. Both throw bombs and both have suspect chins. I'd like to see the winner fight Marquez. Maybe one last big fight for Rafael before retiring. I was having a discussion with a friend about whether Rafael Marquez is HOF bound like we both agree his older brother is. He's borderline, I think, but another war like this one and he may cross the line into Hall of Fame territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back