Jessica Simpson to play Samus in Metroid Movie?

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Uwe Boll, Jessica Simpson and ‘Metroid’: A Recipe For Disaster
Posted on 08 June 2010 by Matthew Tyler in News

What do you get when you mix Jessica Simpson with Uwe Boll and the Metroid video game series? It sure sounds like a disaster to me. JoBlo is reporting that Uwe Boll is going to direct a film based on the Metroid video game series. Yea, I know what you’re thinking, it gets worse though. Set to star as our heroine Samus is none other than Jessica Simpson.

This is worse than the Kim Kardashian as Tomb Raider story we reported earlier. Seriously, what is wrong with Hollywood? Not only have they run completely dry of original ideas, that’s a whole different story, but if this is true….honestly what is there to say?

Video game to film adaptions usually turn out bad even when they have a good cast and director. Imagine a video game to film adaption with Uwe Boll and Jessica Simpson *shudders*. I hope this is not true. I’d hate to see them ruin a great franchise like Metroid with this film.

http://thefilmstage.com/2010/06/08/uwe-boll-jessica-simpson-and-metroid-a-recipe-for-disaster/

Seriously hope this movie never gets made now, and I'm a huge Metroid fan, as the original Metroid is prolly one of my all time favorite games, so as you can imagine Jessica Simpson playing the Samus role is enough to make me want cry, I mean odds are the movie would be pretty shitty anyway but fuck...

Not being funny but if they were making a metroid movie, surely Nintendo would have maybe said it in their e3 conference?

Not being funny but if they were making a metroid movie, surely Nintendo would have maybe said it in their e3 conference?

I think at this point Uwe Boll has just stated that he has interest in making the movie, and Jessica Simpson is one of his top choices for the lead, don't know much of Uwe Bolls work but judging by this I'm assuming he's a pretty shitty directer

UWE BOWLL?!?!

Fuck I just read jessica simpson, the guy's not right in the head. He made Alone in the dark, house of the dead, blood rayne, Postal, Far cry.

His entire career is making shitty video game movies.

UWE BOWLL?!?!

Fuck I just read jessica simpson, the guy's not right in the head. He made Alone in the dark, house of the dead, blood rayne, Postal, Far cry.

His entire career is making shitty video game movies.

LMAO!!!! Now I really hope he doesn't get to make the movie, I'd rather it go back to John Woo, I remember watching both Alone in the Dark, and BloodRayne, and thinking they were eaisly some of the worst movies I had ever seen, I remember after watching BloodRayne saying "well they sure fucked that one up" :disappointed:

I do know Nintendo are very tight on their franchises to movies after the super mario bros movie fiasco

I do know Nintendo are very tight on their franchises to movies after the super mario bros movie fiasco

For some strange reason I always kinda liked the Super Mario Bros. movie, can't really explain why, guess it's just a guilty pleasure, that beign said, I am glad they never made a sequal though

Yeah, they've stopped fan movies in the past as they feel that SMB spoiled the franchise and as such don't want other movies to do the same

I never played Metroid, but the thought of Uwe Boll directing a video game movie that stars Jessica Simpson highly amuses me. It has the possibility of being the biggest shitfest ever. I really hope it gets made; I'll definitely be first in line to catch it.

This was just a rumour, it was on IGN last week. The movie isn't even in pre-production yet, and it's probably not even going to be made. Not any time soon, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back