• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jericho Returns?

the_vipers_enigma

Pre-Show Stalwart
OK I thought about this recently and in my head it seems as very good idea.

At Summerslam we are going to crown an Undisputed WWE Champion and imagine after the match ends the champion is celebrating in the ring and suddenly Jericho's music hits,he appears and stand on the ramp watching the new champion.Next night on raw the champion comes out and starts talking about his win last night and then Jericho comes out and confronts him.Chris will say that he is a fony and that he was the first Undisputed Champion in the history of the company and they start a feud.

Depending on the winner of the match at SS we could see two different feuds:
Jericho vs Punk(I hope)
Jericho vs Cena(already seen it)

If it's Punk the build up to the match would be epic with Punk claiming that he is the best in the world and Jericho claiming that he is the best in the world at what he does.The match itself will be held at Night of Champions and I believe it could be a Match Of Year candidate.Plus it's something many people want to see.

If it's Cena the Promos will be good but I don't think the match is going to be that good unless Cena shows some of the things he showed in his match against Punk at MITB.

What do you think?

It's a good idea but I don't think Jericho is coming back this soon. I would definitely like to see him feud with Punk now. However, I think a Miz-Jericho feud would be awesome, either both as tweeners, or Jericho a heel and use the feud to turn Miz face.

It would not surprise me if WWE's plan is to bring Jericho back in time to feud with Undertaker setting up a Wrestlemania match.

Jericho/Punk feud would be top notch. Jericho's mic style would be the perfect counter to Punk... fighting a-hole with a-hole, so to speak, since Cena's sarcasm isn't really able to win out over Punk (mostly because Punk is more apt to hit below the belt). On top of that, their in ring styles compliment each other nicely.

Hm. The problem is that we have like six guys that would have an in to a champ belt.

1)Punk (champ)
2)Cena (Champ)
3)Mysterio (rematch)
4)Del Rio (MIB)
5)HHH (COO and honestly, who wouldn't abuse that authority?)
6)Miz (no real in, but he is pretty much a #1 contender aside from the other three)

Jericho would be perfect as another wild card, but there's plenty to work with now as it is...

You have a point there DrewskiBroski but ADR is in a feud with Kofi(plus he needs more build up before cashing in), HHH is probably gona feud with Vince and Mysterio is injured at leat that is what I read.And If Punk feuds with Jericho maybe Cena and Miz will battle for the N1 contender spot.
Not to mention a Punk/Jericho feud may get ratings to grow

The only problem with the OP's suggestion is that whoever wins at SS, is only the Unified Raw World title holder.

When Jericho was the Unified champ, he actually was the overall champ, having unified the WWE and WCW championship (Which in my opinion they never should have split up, it's strange having 2 world champs in the same organization)

A Jericho/Punk seems fitted for a bigger PPV say Survivor Series or Royal Rumble, but I for one would not object to this match happening soon.

punk vs jericho needs to be an ongoing feud, not just a little filler for a month. if done right this feud could be the best feud wrestling wise in years. i would love to see punk/jericho at WM next year. Especially if it were an iron man match. just maybe cut the time to 30 instead of the full hour

Remember that Fozzy are touring up until at least the middle of November, so it is very unlikely we will see Jericho before then. He will return Survivor Series at the earliest. I think it will be the Rumble though.

You have a point there DrewskiBroski but ADR is in a feud with Kofi(plus he needs more build up before cashing in), HHH is probably gona feud with Vince and Mysterio is injured at leat that is what I read.And If Punk feuds with Jericho maybe Cena and Miz will battle for the N1 contender spot.
Not to mention a Punk/Jericho feud may get ratings to grow

As much as we all love Jericho, he's never going to 'get the ratings to grow' whoever he's in a feud with.

The ratings have barely risen above 3.3 and thats with The Rock coming back, Stonecold, Bret Hart and others all making appearances. Mostly advertised, so its not as if it was a surprise. Im in the UK so dont really understand the ratings, is it based on audience figures or what?

I really dont know, what I do know is that feud would not increase ratings

i dont think hes coming back yet too early besides he just said in an interview hes not coming back right now he wants to make Fozzy a big sucess before he comes back so ill be more then shocked if he came back yet but if he were to return at summerslam to start a fued with the wwe champion (hopefully cm punk) it would be a great fued without a doubt but wwe would have to turn punk face because he gets huge pop already (latley more then cena gets from little kids) but bottom line i dont see jericho returning just yet..i think royal rumble could be his return date...that seems to have become the ppv of big returns

I would also like to see this fued, but I also don't see it happening for awhile. The suggestions of a Royal Rumble return seem possible. It would be an amazing fued, especially with Punk as over as he is right now. Jericho is the only guy who could hold his own on the mic with Punk. I actually mean the one and only guy, in the wrestling world, and quite possibly the world in general. The in ring action would be something to look forward too, also. Both guys have a ton of moves, and their timing and execution are amazing. I would want a long feud, with several matches, different stipulations to keep it fresh, and tons of mic time. Would be a dream feud....

I made a better post on this in another thread, but I stick by it just like I stuck by The Rock coming back though many said he never would and I challenge the opinions of those who disagree. I guaran-DAMN-tee he will return and only return at the Royal Rumble. It's all that makes sense especially given the slick way his intro and the Rumble countdown are similar

He had an awesome debut, an awesome return, both epic, you cant just bring him back out of nowhere, it has to be special and though many have returned @ Royal Rumble it's truly the LAST way you can have Y2J return and have it be special with the Royal Rumble clock going from 10-1 and nothing happens....

then again...
then BOOM Y2J's countdown clock hits and everyone erupts! it's the last epic way to bring him into WWE

I dont see a Chris Jericho return yet. This will be a HHH power trip match. Yes a new champion will be crowned, but the ending will be HHH standing by himself after using the pedigree on either one. HHH now has to establish a legit authority figure. Expect more of the lame in weeks and months too come. The change your looking for is not to come.

It would be cool, and I like the idea. But speaking realistically it probably won't happen. Yea, I can't see Jericho returning until the Royal Rumble. I mean, i would like nothing more than seeing Y2J beat down some ass clowns, but its not realistic.. Cool idea though

Jeriflab is ancient history, if he comes back and i hope not he needs to make sure to put the tights back on. His old theme is extremely tiring. He should have kept the theme music when he first came back in 2007. He's so fat now, he needs to lose weight before he even thinks abt coming back.

I feel that Jericho should return at Royal Rumble, because we know that he never won the Royal Rumble Match.
Also I think that when he returns, he is going to feud with his "bff" The Miz.

Jericho doesn't need to return right now, or he will be lost in the shuffle with all that crap of Cena/Del Rio and Punk/Nash/HHH/Steph etc...
I could also see him returning to get his revange on Orton, I really thought he was going to return at SummerSlam.

Hey guys, my guess is Y2J will be back at the Royal Rumble. :) Unfortunately, though, there's no way Jericho goes to SmackDown, which is uber-unfortunate. SmackDown has nothing, but anyway, yeah, Jericho will PROBABLY win the Royal Rumble. That, or Undertaker returns and wins the WWE Championship at WM 28 and retires. Either way, WM 28 should be fun, righttt?

Well, I don't think Jericho is returning anytime soon. If and when he does, a feud with Punk would be epic. I could see him returning at the Rumble to win it or in time for a Wrestlemania angle against Taker. Jericho knows that the business needs to create new stars so he is voluntarily staying away for a bit to pursue other goals of his while the stars of tomorrow are given a chance to get over. If and when the really need him, he will likely return but I don't think it will be for a while. Night of Champions will probably just be Del Rio VS Cena or something. Jericho VS Punk would have been a better option but I see Jericho returning at one of the big four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back