• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Jarrett And Tna, Is It A Coincidence ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymcg

Pre-Show Stalwart
So over the last month or so we’ve heard about how Jeff Jarrett has possibly been having an affair with Karen Angle, and from what i believe has been told to take time away from all TNA duties, including on screen and back stage.

Now no one knows if currently Kurt Angle has anything to do with booking, but he did mention he wants some control.

Now is it a sheer coincidence that Jeff Jarrett has taken a temp leave and TNA Impact over the last 2-4 weeks has been the most enjoyable in recent memory ? Everyone always bashes Vince Russo for TNAs writing, however from what i believe Jeff gets the final say in the creative department.

Could it be Russo is currently getting more freedom to write what HE wants to write, without input from Jeff ? The MEM Vs TNA Originals storyline has really started to turn into one of the best storylines in recent memory, with the brawls, the back stabbing, the unexpected turns and lots more.

So what do you think, is Jeff not currently having anything to do with TNA making it a better product ? Is Vince Russo finally getting to write what he wants ? Is Kurt Angle perhaps having some sort of backstage say now ? Or is it just a complete coincidence with the timing of Jeff taken a temp leave and TNA picking up ?

i highly believe Jarrett was holding down tna. The guy is a terrible on screen guy, and apparently bad at writing if he was having final say in tna. I don't watch tna, but people are all saying its been better lately.. so maybe i'll give impact a watch this week.

As for Jarrett, he was mad at wwe because he, himself, wasn't good enough. Same in tna. The guy needs to retire.

Like I've said before, I highly doubt Jarrett was a big problem backstage. It is his company after all and I think he's done a fine job. Even if TNA has been better in his abscence, you can't give all of the credit to Russo. There is a whole staff of creative people involved.

I do think that Jarrett no longer being an on screen character has helped. I completely hate him as a wrestler, I think he's awful. I can't stand any of his promos or most of his matches. Something about the guy just makes him very unlikeable, he shouldn't be a main event face, even if it is his promotion.

I like Jeff as an in ring performer but it is becoming quite clear that the product has improved without him as a booker/writer. The matches over the last 4 weeks have been better than they have been since Jill Jarrett died which in my opinion was the day I think Jeff lost his passion for the business. The only time he shows the flare in promos anymore is when Jill is mentioned. That tells me that he just does't have the passion to make the company great anymore. When that happens a change is needed. I think Russo, Scott D'Amore, Terry Taylor, and from what I have heard Jim Cornette is not involved more back stage while he has been off TV, and BG James are the ones that are making the difference in the on screen product right now and they are making it look damn good.

Why is this ordeal not talked about very much? In my opinion, it could be the biggest "real" story I can remember besides a wrestlers death.

Why is this ordeal not talked about very much? In my opinion, it could be the biggest "real" story I can remember besides a wrestlers death.

Truthfully because, in an essence, it really doesn't matter. Seriously, Jeff is going to move on, and that's the deal. People can specualte all they want as to if Jeff and Karen were having an affair, but who really knows? As for Kurt, he has shown that he can be vindictive, so if he says Jeff and Karen had an affair, especially when Jill was still alive and on her death bed, I have a really hard time swallowing that, especially when everyone knows that Jeff loved her very much and he had his girls to look after. Karen and Kurt are DIVORCED and that's what matters. It's not like McMichaels wanted to kill Steve Audtin when he married Deborah. Even though there was tension, it's not like Kevin Sullivan tried to have Chris Benoit fired when he and Nancy were married. Randy Savage didn't try and get Lex Luger fired when he started seeing Elizabeth, so there it is. Kurt needs to get over it and move on because trying to use it as a political chip is just total BS and that's that. Plus given Kurt's recent crap he's pulled, he might want to step off a bit and drop some ego at the door and just thank the maker he still has a job. If Kurt wants to stalk women around and violate restraining orders, well instead of going "Oh Poor Kurt, he doesn't deserve this." Look at what he just pulled this weekend and reevaluate your opinion. The fact is that a marriage takes two to work and so does a divorce. Everyone decideds Karen is a **** for cheating on Kurt with someone in TNA. but when Kurt goes on Howard Stern and brags about cheating on Karen a few times all the way back to when he was in WWE, well that's okay because he's a great wrestler? I don't buy that one bit. Nobody is perfect, but then again, nobody is anyones property either. Kurt, Karen and Jeff all three have the right to move on and that's just the facts of life, period. Get over it, move on, next subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back