Jbl the new voice of Smackdown

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by dark_man, Jun 11, 2006.

1. dark_man

dark_man Guest

I just found out that the wwe will have Jbl as the guy that will take tazz's spot. One of the few things that smackdown had going for them was a sold announce team with tazz and cole and now wwe fucked that up to. almost everybody good is gone from smackdown and now wwe is screwing up smackdown even more by puting a jackass like jbl at the announce table. Jbl works better as a heel wrestler and not as a announcer. I think they should bring tazz back or get sombody else to join cole. Does anybody know what the wwe is is planning ? like how long Jbl is going to take tazz's spot and when hes ready to step back into the ring who is going to be the new announcer ?

JBL aint :shit:
    :lol:

2. FLUFF

FLUFF Guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Simon dean woulda been perfect for the job. Why JBL?

3. Moon Knight

Moon Knight Original Prince of Darkness

Come on give JBL a chance, he hasn't even started and you are already dissing him? Give him a show or two, he may be good at it.

4. EVL_DR_DOOM

EVL_DR_DOOM Guest

Booker T would have been better than JBL!

5. OchoaSTL

OchoaSTL Guest

I have a feeling that this won't last long anyway

6. MrTDG

MrTDG Occasional Pre-Show

I like it. JBL is good on the mic and most people can't stand him in the ring anyway. The only problem I have with it is that it takes one of the top heels away from Smackdown. Someone else suggested Simon Dean for that role, which would've worked and they wouldn't have lost as much.

7. billy182

billy182 Guest

I miss the old Bradshaw.

8. peopleschamp

peopleschamp Championship Contender

I look forward to hearing JBL as Smackdown’s ringside announcer. He is one of the most intelligent and eloquent speakers in the history of the WWE, and Michael Cole can only benefit from working with the “Wrestling God.” I hope this is only temporary, however, as I would like to see JBL back in the ring and reclaim his spot as one of the greatest champions in sports entertainment.

9. Miller Light

Miller Light Occasional Pre-Show

It willl be quite funny and im sure he'll do a good job but Id rather see him wrestling and I hope he gets back soon because SD is getting deserted IMO and Jbl awas one of SDs main superstars and the best heel in the WWE today though I was hoping the quitting angle would involved a move to RAW.

10. Markster

Markster Dark Match Jobber

JBL is a good talker. One wonders if Michael Cole could hold his own against JBL.

11. JKT001

JKT001 New Member

Something to look forward to on Smackdown, how often has that been said about Smackdown lately? I miss the old Smackdown from 2002 when it had Beniot, Guerrero, Edge, Rey, Chavo, Angle and Lesnar, that was when Smackdown was at its best.

12. Jackhammer23

Jackhammer23 Occasional Pre-Show

JBL on the announce team with Cole will be great! JBL is good on the mic is a good heel and is able to get heat with no effort. Great move.

13. SAssassin

SAssassin Dark Match Winner

Yeah i agree with what you all said but every week we'll have JBL talk how great he was, how he should be the WHC, and how he is a WRESTLING....GOD

but yes a show or two, he can do a great announceing with Cole

14. lalakerz

lalakerz Fusion is back baby!!

R U KIDDING? Taz and Cole a solid announce team? um... NO! lol I did like Taz, but Cole should be the one to go! lol JBL puts on a good show but idk if he'll be a gooa announcer

15. MoneyintheBank

MoneyintheBank Dark Match Jobber

I just hope JBL is not too obnoxious as the color commentator. He has a tendency to be long-winded on the mic (no matter how talented he is)- I think Lawler does a great job, getting comments in when he (or Vince I guess) feels neccessary

16. 5thHorseman

5thHorseman Getting Noticed By Management

Most of the time tazz and cole sounded like zombies, no enthusiasm or chemistry between the two what so ever, I too think JBL is obnoxious but he might bring some life back to the announcing as i can't see it being worse. Now if the WWE can replace cole?????

17. I think JBL will be a good announcer, but hopefully we'll soon see him back in the ring

18. robertthechip

robertthechip Occasional Pre-Show

this can only be good for smackdown presentation wise. he will bring a lot to the product

19. Mrs.Miz

Mrs.Miz Dark Match Winner

I was utterly horrified to hear that JBL would be taking over for Taz. Smackdown has been in the toilet bad enough lately without this. I am planning to watch in mute and hopefully it won't last long. And yah I know people will say to give him a chance, but..I don't want to...

20. exoskeletion

exoskeletion Dark Match Jobber

JBL is the best person that Smackdown have on the mic, and with him injured, and Tazz now at ECW, it makes perfect sense for him to take over the colour commentary. I can't see it being a permanent thing, and think it's a great way to keep him on TV and keep some heel heat on him.

21. JohnnyRodz

JohnnyRodz Guest

Maybe he can be a Bobby "The Brain" Heenan type of announcer.