Japanese Region, Osaka Subregion, 3rd Round: (3) Mickie James vs (10) Sara Del Rey

Who wins this match up?

• Mickie James

• Sara Del Rey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a third round match in the Japanese region. It is a Tables Match. It will be held at the Kyocera Dome in Osaka City, Osaka, Japan.

gallery_photo_155_2.jpg

MickieJames.jpg

#3 Mickie James

VS.

hqdefault.jpg

#10 Sara Del Rey

This is a Tables Match. The winner must put her opponent through a table in order to win.

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

The best mainstream women's wrestler going up against the best independant women's wrestler (in North America, of course). Both highly-talented, universally-loved wrestlers who are more than capable of getting their hands dirty. If this match were to happen (excluding the tables stipulation), this would be a highly competitive match. However, there has to be a winner and I'm picking Mickie James for one major reason:

Her accomplishments outweigh Sara Del Rey's.

Mickie is the only female in history to have held the Women's Championship, Diva's Championship & Knockout's Championship. These are the three biggest titles in North America that are available to Mickie and she's won them all, multiple times even. Plus, Mickie has won multiple Woman of the Year awards whereas Sara Del Rey hasn't hit the #1 spot.

Sara isn't a pushover and can hang with the best but Mickie's too accomplished amongst the best companies. Sorry Sara, Mickie's going through on this one.

I'd LOVE to see these two go at it as it'd be a match worth paying to see. Now that that's out of the way, my vote goes to Mickie. SDR is a badass and all but as Falk mentioned, Mickie has won all the top titles she can win multiple times. She's beaten most of the greats of her generation too. Don't know if either has been in a Tables Match before but I see this ending with Mickie putting Sara through a table.

I'll agree that Mickie accolades and notoriety far exceeds Sara's, and for that I'll give the not to Mickie. I had a little bit of exposure to Sara when she was in ROH, and I'm aware that she's well known on the indy scene. However, Mickie had done it all in the majors and indies, and that can't be denied. Plus she's no stranger to hardcore matches geared specifically for women (see her cage match against Tara/Victoria). Mickie wins the table match.

This is one of the few womens matches I'd pay to see. Sara Del Rey is VERY good and hugely respected within the industry without ever being a part of the active WWE roster (I know she's a trainer there now....but she should be on TV!), and Mickie is one of the very best of her generation, having huge success wherever she's been.

This would be a very physical match, both girls are capable of hanging in a no DQ environment but I'd expect to see Mickie, having taken a lot of abuse manage to drive Sara through the table to advance. Sara has been one of the top indie wrestlers for a long time, but you don't have the success that Mickie has had without beating the best...this would be no exception.

1. Strike One: Longevity - Mickie has the longer career (debut in '99, Del Rey '03).
  2. Strike Two: Win / Loss Records - 62% (780 bouts) vs 56% (362 bouts).
  3. Strike Three: Mainstream vs Indie success. 9 World Titles between the WWe & TNA with Title wins over Trish, Lita, Melina, Beth Pheonix, Michelle McCool, Maryse, Madison Rayne, Winter and Velvet Sky... all of whom made this tournament.

Sorry Sara, three strikes - you're out!!!

I'm on the "Mickie Train" as well. She's probably the most decorated women's wrestler in all of North America, as far as holding major title belts is concerned. The only title belt that could be considered major for women that she hasn't held would be the SHIMMER belt. And she could hold that belt feasibly any time she wanted, even past the age of 40, because of how well known she is.

Sara Del Rey is a great wrestler, and I'm surprised she made it past Kong last round, mostly due to the fact that she had some success over Kong on the Indies... which was kinda lame. We wouldn't put Death Rey or Kong over current Cesaro or Rollins despite the fact that they've beaten them before? Of course not. So many of those wins that Sara has gotten in the past now mean even less against Mickie James, who has been far more successful in competing in major companies and against the best of the best of female competitors here in the US.

As for the stip it's really easy to win or lose a tables match. Mickie wouldn't have to power Sara through a table, I don't think she could. But all she'd have to do would be to move out of the way, and let Sara plow though a table. Or put Sara through one by jumping of the top turnbuckle. Two easy ways for Mickie to win. And because of that I'm going to vote for the bigger star here...

Mickie James.

It seems my push to implement a Death Rey to rule over Women's wrestling has hit a daisy-duke adorned road block.

I could argue that Sara is a better pro wrestler between the ropes(which I think is true by at least a small margin). I could argue that her Indie title reigns were longer and more dominant than the ones Mickie had on the big stages(again I think this is true, especially her JAPW run would should be regarded as the stuff of legend in the sport). I could argue that she defeated better competition throughout her career(again I think this is obvious if you look at it completely objectively, and that's without even considering how many top flight men Sara has defeated).

But alas I feel my efforts are futile. Where I feel that, if everyone were to vote fairly on pure merit of the facts I presented on her behalf, Madison Eagles should very clearly defeat Lisa Marie Varon in the other major indie/national TV showdown that is being waged this round, I can't really make a case for Sara Del Rey in this match that would earn her the nod on anything more than a subjective level, which leads me to believe I'm fighting an un-winnable battle on Sara's behalf.

While I feel Sara was dealt a tough hand due to a tragically lower than deserved seeding number, I am happy to have helped push her this far in spite of that slight. And things could be worse than losing to Mickie, that's for sure.

Vote Del Rey, at least maybe I won't be the only one.

Also I want to point out that I feel Ech has deliberately trolled me and the Sara Del Rey support contingent, and did irreparable damage to Ms. Amato's campaign by picking the least intimidating picture of The Queen that exists on the internet to be the her header image in this thread. :flipa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back