• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jamie Foxx: Better actor or musician?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
I'm thinking about doing one of these whenever I find someone who has been successful in more than one form of entertainment. Last time it was Ken Shamrock this time it is Jamie Foxx. All the info comes from Wikipedia

Acting career
sitcoms

He started as a cast member for the show in Living Color in 1991. During this time he had a recurring role in the show Roc. He was given his on show in 1996 called The Jamie Foxx Show.

Movies
He's been in a lot of movies most of them very good. I'm gonna post the list of movies. The ones that are bolded are the ones I've seen. The ones that are underlined are the ones I'm going to see at some point.

Booty Call
The Players Club
Held Up
Any Given Sunday
Collateral
Ray
Stealth
Jarhead
Miami Vice
Dreamgirls
The Kingdom
The Soloist

Law Abiding Citizen
(still filming)
I wanted to put up all the awards he's won for these movies but there are just to damn many. If your interested in them go to his wiki page.

Music Career
He's put out 3 albums had many singles and did guest/background vocals for a ton of other artists. I'm just gonna post the albums and whether they've gone Gold Platinum etc or not. for the rest check out his discography wiki
Peep This (Released: July 19, 1994/300,000+ US sales)

Unpredictable (Released: December 20, 2005/2× Platinum/2 million+ US sales)

Intuition (Released: December 16, 2008/Platinum/1 million+ World Sales)
Don't know why the last one is different.
My Opinion
He's a much better actor than he is a musician. Ive seen most of his movies and plan to see most of the other ones. I've heard his music and I have to say it's not my favorite. I'm not the one to say someone shouldn't do what they love I'm just not going to be buying his albums.

What do you guys think?

Personally I htink Jamie Foxx is a miles better actor than a musician.

I have also seen nearly all his movies and for the most part have enjoyed each one in a different way. From his early comedic stuff like Booty Call to more serious roles in Ray and Collateral. Also love him in Any Given Sunday.

His music however, well I reckon that it just flat out sucks. I bought his cd in a price bin and thought it would be a bargain. Nope it was still crap even at a cheap preice.

He's a damn good actor.. but he's still a pretty decent singer. I remember watching The Jamie Foxx Show all the time and thought it was hilarious, some of his movies are ok.. he can transition from comedic actor to a dramatic role.

I much prefer Jamie Foxx as an actor and stand-up comedian more so than I do as a musician. His music isn't bad, but most of his acting and stand-up are phenomenal. Any Given Sunday, Jarhead, Ali, Redemption, Collateral, and Ray were all fantastic. And I also loved a lot of his skits on In Living Color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back