jameshoward_zpsde67be4e.jpg

Gimmick Name: James Howard

Nickname: None, initially, though I will see how he develops

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 223lbs

Hometown: Leeds, England

Billed From: Leeds, England

Announcement:

Harrys: Introducing first, from Leeds, England, weighing 223 pounds, James Howard!

Harrys: And the challenger, from Leeds, England, weighing 223 pounds, James Howard!

Harrys: Making his way to the ring, from Leeds, England, weighing 223 pounds, James Howard!

Appearance:
----------------Hair Colour/Length: Black/Medium Length
----------------Eye Colour: Dark Brown
----------------Facial Hair: Various - usually a "woodsman" type beard but well kept
----------------Ring attire: Black Cargo pants with "Converse" style boxing boots underneath, taped both on hands just over wrist, wrapped around fingers (boxer style taping) Black elbow pads, studded belt with a lightweight chain on left hand side
----------------Backstage Attire: As above but with T-shirt (White with Navy Collar/Cuffs) or Black Hoodie with a yellow Barcode on the back
----------------Physical Features: None
----------------Tattoos: None, again I’ll add these over time.

Alignment: Face

Main Gimmick: James Howard was a young up and coming MMA fighter, he was undefeated and set to make his way to UFC. However at a large house show in Las Vegas, the night he was supposed to sign, with Dana White and other notable MMA celebrities in the audience he was busted open in a fight for the first time. He flew into a blood rage. He grabbed the back of his opponents head and broke his opponents Jaw, left orbital bone, right cheek and nose with Muay-Thai knee strikes. When the referee tried to stop him he hit the ref twice in the face to knock him down and then kicked him in the groin with such force the ref almost lost a testicle to testicular torsion. He was banned from MMA and has spent the last couple of years trying to deal with his rage and training to be a wrestler. After making his way through the indies, he’s hoping he can make it to the big time in WZCW.

2 Characteristics of Gimmick:
- Lots of MMA style striking with a very technical style of wrestling.
- Blood Rage: if made to bleed will fly into a blind rage and will proceed to bit the crap out of opponents until they are in a worse state than he is.

Strengths/Weaknesses (3 of each):
S: Fearless, not afraid of taking bumps
S: At least proficient in most wrestling styles and uses a mix of moves from high-flying to submission to striking
S: A world-class striker
W: Will NOT blade himself – though in a steel cage or a particularly “large” no-DQ match will be less resistant to being bust open
W: Not strong enough to lift opponents more than 200lbs over his head (can do momentum based moves such as a snap suplex but not a standing firemans carry or something like that)
W: Due to an old shoulder injury has restricted movement in left shoulder (his shoulder has to twist to put his arm straight up)

Sample Pic of Wrestler:
cm-punk-en-payback-2013.jpg

Entrance Music:
[youtube]bSdtvfBQd6c[/youtube]

Entrance Description:
Howard walks to the ring with his hoodie open and hood up. As he walks onto the ramp he turns with his back to the crowd with arms outstretched. He shadowboxes down the remainder of the ramp before climbing the stairs and onto the turnbuckle, arm raised before hopping over and into the ring.

Finishing Moves:
Chaos Theory: Dive from the top rope against a standing opponent. Flipping over their head and grabbing their head as he falls into a sit-out neckbreaker.
Tenzan Choke: Anaconda Vice

15 Most Used Moves: (No finishers, 3 signature moves):
1. TKO(Inverted facelock DDT)-Used to set up Tenzan Choke
2. Shining Wizard/Bulldog combination (yes yes I know CM Punk)
3. Springboard Moonsault
4. Snap suplex
5. Bridged German Suplex-pin combo
6. Corner Hurricanrana
7. Kicks to chest of kneeling opponent followed by a kick to the head(ala Daniel Bryan)
8. Running takedown into punches to abdomen
9. Muay-Thai knee strikes
10. Armbar
11. Running DDT
12. Snapmere-Butterfly lock
13. Dropkick
14. Sunset Flip
15. Boxing punches

Sample RP.
I sat in the hotel room, thinking through likely questions for the parasite journalist from a British tabloid about to come in and interview me. His name was Steve Jones, a weak name for a weak man. I hope I keep my temper when the inevitable happens, for when he asks me about Aleksey Mikolov. I’ll have to remember to look especially contrite about it all, it’s not that I don’t feel guilt over what happened, but if Alex can forgive me who gives a damn what the press think? They’ll ask about my new career too, “Oh a wrestler eh? I guess real fighting got too much for you” I’m glad Dinah sat down with me and prepared me to be honest. Meeting her was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I wish she could be on the road with me, but I didn’t want to rock the boat and try to get her as a valet, I wasn’t sure I was ready for TV yet, let alone trying to pull on the ear of creative to get my girlfriend in on the action. Just as I started to drift off and think of her next to me on the bed there was a sharp knock at the door.
Wandering aimlessly and with as much apathy I could muster I opened the door. Suddenly, knowing where the fire exits were became much more appealing. I opened the door and immediately turned around beckoning the man inside, my guess was right. He stood about 5’6” a thin man with a gaunt face and triceps that made my fingers seem chunky. The scrawny man sat down and pulled a tape recorder from his messenger bag. His half-assed attempt at a suit and unkempt hair meant he was either as new to this as I was, or was simply a physical form of his obvious apathy about interviewing a former MMA star turned wrestler.

“Hi”

“Hi, you must be Steve Jones.”

“I am; you must be Mr Howard”

“Please call me James, I’m pretty new to this whole interview thing, especially in a hotel room. Press conferences, trials, in front of other people who can openly react are more my thing.”

“Treat this as a conversation between friends James, I am hoping to tape the interview – it saves me using shorthand. Do you mind?”

“Not at all, in fact, could you send me a copy when you’re done? Gives me a chance to listen through it, work on my flaws”

“Sure” he said, clearly struggling to show even the smallest amount of enthusiasm. “So from a cage fighter to a wrestler eh? Did real fighting get too much for you?”

Before the question had even registered I heard the sharp click of a tape recorder being turned on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back