• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jake the Snake: HOF?

mr. jomo risin

Dark Match Winner
This is my first thread but it's pretty self explanatory.

I view Jake the Snake Roberts as an absolutley worthy candidate. He was probably the 4th biggest long term face of the early era behind Hogan, Savage, and Warrior (call Piper a tweener), but there's no doubt he's a fairly troubled, dark individual who's induction would be interesting to say the least.

And I hate for a situation similar to Randy Savage, where it takes a passing for VKM to HOPEFULLY do what's right. I'm not sure if theres any beef with JTS & VKM. I've never heard of any. Anyway...

Do you think his troubles are what are holding from being inducted thus far?

Do you think he'll get in? When? With who?
yada yada yada

Jake definetly belongs in the HOF. And Savage does also. Hope to see both get in soon. Other guys who belong are the all time great tag teams Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, The Midnight Express, The Fabulous Freebirds and The Von Erich Family.

Well, based on his popularity and the fact that he totally revolutionised the wrestling promo, then he absolutely deserves to go in. People will say that his legacy to wrestling is the DDT, and I can certainly buy that, but in my opinion the way he did promos was hugely influential. Guys like Nick Bockwinkel were using big words, but Jake used a variety of emotions and delivery styles to effectively get his point across when everyone else was just big angry men shouting, even Hogan.

However, Jake is a mess at the moment. A crack addict taking bookings at birthday parties, he's even below Randy "The Ram" Robinson in the down-on-his-luck stakes. Jake is everything that the WWE and wrestling in general doesn't want to be associated with, and while that is the case there is no chance that he will be seen anywhere near a major company, especially not the heavily scrutinised WWE. In short, does he deserve it? Yes. Would I put him in it right now? No.

The man definitely deserves his place in the Hall Of Fame. He was one of the most popular faces back in the glory days of the WWF. His personal demons should not ruin the legacy he built on.

Jake Roberts absolutely deserves to be in the WWE HOF. Unquestionably. He was big enough in his time that he could've been World Champion. And his influence on the business is immesurable, from his promo style, to his darker, tweener type of character, to inventing the DDT.

To the best of my knowledge, Jake has no beef or heat with Vince McMahon or the WWE. If there's anything holding Jake back from induction it's his drug issues, which as has been previously stated is something that I'm sure Vince doesn't want to associate with. As much media attention as WWE receives, they could receive criticism from inducting a junkie into their HOF.

Although truthfully, I don't think that would be the case, as the media pretty much never pays attention to the WWE Hall of Fame, although they might this year if Randy Savage or the Rock get inducted.

But I think there's really nothing holding Jake back, but just timing. I just think WWE has found other, more reliable wrestlers to be inducted in the last few years. There's three reasons why some of the all-time greats haven't been inducted. One the wrestler refusing induction. This goes to people like Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and the Ultimate Warrior, or in the case of Owen Hart, his widow refusing induction. Two, is heat on the wrestler. People like Randy Savage and Chris Benoit, and I believe the members of Demolition (particularly Ax). And then there is just timing, where WWE sees fit to induct other wrestlers that fit in more with their theme for the year or just due to numbers. You can't induct every deserving inductee in a single year, so many of the greats simply have to wait their turn. I think Jake falls in that category as does people like Arn Anderson, Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy, Yokozuna, etc.

So I really do believe that Jake will be inducted within the next few years, and despite his troubles, I really believe that if Jake was to be up for induction, he would get himself together and make a proper appearance for his induction. He appeared on Raw back in 2005 to help put over the Taker/Orton match at Wrestlemania. If he could get himself together to do that, I have no doubt he would get himself together to celebrate his induction into the WWE HOF.

At least I hope he would. :/

He definitely deserves to be in the HOF, he was very popular and is one of the greats. I know he has got his demons but it shouldn't take away the fact that he was very popular.

Jake Roberts is 100% HOF material. He was a great wrestler, a great heel, and could give a wicked promo! Unfortunately Jake is a bad drug addict who can't control himself. Beyond the Mat proved that. I could have sworn about 10 yrs ago I saw Jake Roberts on TBN. Might have been a dream. Unless he turns his life around, I don't see him going to the HOF until after he passes. It's sad to say, but the guy can't get control of himself. I saw him wrestle in 98 I think it was, he faced Doink the clown in a cage match, and it was awful from start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back