Jagr Back in the NHL?

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
As many hockey fans know, Jagr left the NHL to join the KHL in Russia. He signed a two year contract there, honouring an agreement he had from 2004 during the NHL Lokout to play for the Russian club. But at nearly 40, and in incredible shape, he looks at the possibility of returning to the smaller rink of the NHL.

He looked decent, and looks like he is in great shape. But playin gin the KHL, a league I would call a childs play compared to the NHL, proven by the play of many in the KHL (Want proof, just look at the dominance of Canada and USA), I am not sur ehe could compete for 82 games a season. But I feel Jagr is still a competitive player, and could do well in the NHL again, although not as a power forward.

Another interesting angle is the feud that has developed between him and Russian superstar Ovechkin. Ovechkin nailed him with a center ice clean hit that Jagr said he felt for two days after. Could Jagr come back to compete against the new Euro superstar in Ovechkin?

After seeing his play in the Olympics Jagr still has a lot left. He obviously won't be the star he once was but he can still contribute in a big way. His talent is undeniable and in the right situation he could make an impact. If he does come back I could see Pittsburgh obviously as an option. They have a lot of young talent and his veteran presence could make them an even better team then they already are. It'd be great to see him retire there.

Jagr has shown that he can still play and I believe that atleast on NHL would be interested in his services. Actually last season Edmonton was close to signing Jagr, but the deal never materialized and he stayed in the KHL. If he feels ready to play in the NHL, which he says is an option for him, then I'm sure a team will sign him. He can help any time looking for leadership or a scoring presence in the playoffs. It would be cool to see him in Pittsburgh again, but I don't know if there would be interest there. Either way it's going to be interesting to see what happens with Jagr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back