• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's Showtime! Eric Young Returns!

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
And it would seem he's serious this time. He'll be joining Storm, Magnus, Sting and Joe in the Lethal Lockdown match against A's & 8's. But the real question is where will he go afterwards? Will he return to his antics, taking off his pants and grappling with the referee? Or will we see Eric Young get serious once again like back in 2009 to 2010?

I'm hoping for the latter. Eric showed a lot of potential as both a cunning heel and a scrappy babyface. If anything, he'd make good in TNA's barely there midcard field for some slight depth. Plus, it seems he's ditched the KO Tag title.

I don't mind it at all. It actually reminds me a bit of back when Hall ended up no-showing the Turning Point 2007 PPV, years back, and EY was named as the tag replacement for him by Samoa Joe (in the infamous shoot that nearly cost him his job).

He's a fine enough wrestler, and I know Sting has always had a lot of respect for him, so that probably speaks to why he's been put in this position again.

When Sting kept saying "its showtime!" I though David Cougar was joining team TNA. That would be something.

I enjoy EY, one of my favorite TNA performers. We has showing some promise in the roles listed but I love that wacky zany EY, I mark out for him. Either way though I am glad he is back and can't wait to see where they go with him...unless they swerve us and put him in Aces and Eights. I pray to baby Jesus that shit doesn't happen.

If he's sane, I can live with this. If it's the goofy Eric that takes his clothes off and locks up with referees, may he be trampled by a herd of stampeding camels. Eric isn't a great character but having him be normal for once would help. The insane stuff is fine once in awhile, but having it be the same every freaking week is REALLY hard to sit through. Also hopefully they just retire the KO tag titles or don't bring them up when building the match because it would be a distraction.

If Eric Young is no longer the brain damaged TNA version of Santino Marella, then this is fine. Eric Young is very solid in the ring and has shown it lots of times in the past. Compared to the other members of Team TNA though, Young's a scrub. It's true that he's been around in TNA longer than Magnus but Magnus is a young guy that's been a 3time tag champ whose on his way up with his best days ahead of him.

It seems highly likely that Young will be revealed as a member of Aces & Eights and will turn during a pivotal point in the match, costing Team TNA the win. Or, Young will be the weak link of Team TNA and will ultimately be the one to lose the match.

I will be an Eric Young fan until the day I die, because he once complimented my beard at a house show, and then we talked about bacon for five minutes. I'm convinced he's one of the good guys. That he's back on television in any capacity is undoubtedly a good thing for TNA, the business, and humanity in general. That he's back in something of a main event capacity can only be a sign that the universe is headed toward general harmony. Combined with the news that Dennis Rodman has made peace with North Korea for us, I'm convinced that the whole world is going to a better place.

In a more serious tone, I love Eric Young as a guy and as a wrestler. He's never not fun to watch. This is a good thing. TNA has always manage to radically misuse him, but it's really rather simple. Let him be fun, let him be goofy, and then let him wrestle, which he's very good at. TNA's made a great call here.

Eric Young is very solid in the ring and has shown it lots of times in the past. Compared to the other members of Team TNA though, Young's a scrub. It's true that he's been around in TNA longer than Magnus but Magnus is a young guy that's been a 3time tag champ whose on his way up with his best days ahead of him.

I can't count the number of ways I disagree with this.

In his short stints as a serious character Young was far more relevant than Magnus has ever been.

He is a four time tag team champion and an X-division champion, not even mentioning the pointless TV title runs.

Between Team Canada, World Elite, and the Band he's been involved in far more important roles in TNA than Magnus ever dreamed about, and that's before even mentioning Frontline. As part of Frontline he has aided in a successful venture by TNA originals against this type of threat before, this just continues that lineage.

And even as this latest joke character, he was still mostly successful from a win/loss perspective, having held some kind of title(useless titles granted) for the vast duration of the last couple years when he's been on television. There is no reason whatsoever for the audience to look at EY as a "scrub" especially if this is EY "snapped-out of it".

From a non-kayfabe perspective, there is also the fact that when not playing up the comedy, Young is ten times better in the ring then Magnus(who has a great look and personality/mic presence but is extremely bland, mediocre, and limited as an in-ring competitor) could ever pray to become.

Also EY has been supremely over with the fanbase for years. Go back as far as Turning Point 2007 that IDR spoke of and listen to pop EY got that night well over 5 years ago when he was a scrawny joke character, and he has maintained that level of overness with the core-fanbase, Magnus, while becoming a bit of an internet darling, has never been the kind of over with live crowds in the US that EY was and still is.

Yes he is young, has his strengths, and with the cards played right has a great future, but if anybody on the TNA side has to be described as a "scrub" or weak link right now it's very clear that that person is Magnus, and not EY.

Eric Young is going to turn on TNA and join Aces & Eights, that's the only reason he's been thrown into this match out of the blue. He and his girlfriend, ODB, will join Aces & Eights. The two actually fit into the group and make sense in terms of the biker gimmick, unlike many others already in the group. And Aces & Eights will have a female, finally! Aside from biker ****es.

Good to see him back but if they "shattered" his ankle 3 months is not long enough to mend it. so just shows that all there attacks are useless.

But yes i could see them joining A&8 since the group is a bunch of nobodies already so EY would actually be a known name and he's already been the leader of a group b4 albeit it didn't last long maybe they are revisiting that gimmick again and yeah ODB is already a trailer park trash so not much of a stretch to biker bitch..

Eric could be just like Abyss.

Normal and not so normal.

I like them both.

Wrestlers that can switch personalites.

When Sting kept saying "its showtime!" I though David Cougar was joining team TNA. That would be something.

I thought it was Percy Watson, but I don't think EY as a comedy guy is awful. I love the pants and... <3 ODB <3

I thought it was cool the way he was brought back. I hope he remains serious this time. I like the joking Eric Young, but I have to say when he was the leader of World Elite I quite enjoyed him. It seems they may have ditched the Knockouts Tag Titles, and that is also a good thing. Eric Young has always been popular with the TNA fan base, and for that reason I could see him turning on TNA and joining Aces and Eights. I am not certain, but it was quite ramdom he was added to the team. Either way it wa refreshing to see him back as Showtime and I just hope he stays a serious character for a while.

I hate eric young. He has never been funny, I can't ever recall him having a good match and he can't cut a promo to save his life. Why TNA rehires guys who have nothing to offer beyond stupidity is beyond me.

I hate eric young. He has never been funny, I can't ever recall him having a good match and he can't cut a promo to save his life. Why TNA rehires guys who have nothing to offer beyond stupidity is beyond me.
Heavy crowd support seems like a good enough reason. The man has taken any gimmick given and made the crowd enjoy it. You not noticing is just a case of you not listening or paying attention.

I notice, but it's the impact zone and they are morons there. I don't get it why any comedy charcater is over Be it Young or that guy who is a goof in the WWE. I just don't get comedy charcaters because more ofeten than not they are never funny. Their comedy is often the equivalent of a first grader farting.

There weren't many positives to take out of the "go home show" last night, but EY was one.

When they first cut to the segment in the back with Sting addressing Storm and EY/ODB, with EY appearing to be back in his recent character, I got that momentary scare thinking "Oh no, please don't ruin this by giving us the same old EY we've been getting". But the way that Young immediately shifted and the speach that he delivered to Sting put my fears instantly to bed. I'm fine with a little of the crazy Young, as long as he is able to balance it with the seriousness when needed, and as long as he continues to get chances to cut the kind of impassioned promos that he cut last night. It does appear the character is getting a sort of personality evolution if not a full on change in demeanor, which should work out well as long as a noticeable level of that seriousness and focus gets carried into the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back