It's Been A Long Time Coming, Leonidas!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
[YOUTUBE]Fir0vs_VIms[/YOUTUBE]

He cashed it in, and the payoff was big. Your *NEW* TNA World Heavyweight Champion: Drew Galloway.

It's no secret I'm not that big on him. He's too awkward a worker for my tastes. He's somehow stuck in this limbo between heavyweight and middleweight, but champions guys like Bret Hart as his heaviest influences. Perhaps it's just the invocation of Hart's name and the total lack of Hart-like wrestling that's throwing me off, but I'm usually left unimpressed.

Regardless, the right call was made. You could argue, based on his rise and popularity, that he probably should have been given the title last year when TNA was still with DA, when they ran that horrifically boring World Title Series. But I get it. It was all pre-taped, so it's hard to make up ground when you are working with preexisting footage that was taped four months prior with you having no intention to ever use it in this manner.

Either way, it's been a long time coming, but especially with Angle's departure, there's no better time to get the title on such a strong, well-liked, veteran face. Especially a veteran as young as he is. I feel like that tends to get overlooked. He's just turned 30. Angle didn't even join TNA until he was 38.

The key now? Keep it on him a while. Don't hot potato the thing like you tend to do with the KOTM championship. I'd love to see a nice long build to Galloway/Bennett.

Is Drew the 1st Scottish WHC? Whether that's the case or not it is still pretty BIGTIME!!! Here's to Drew Galloway...Hopefully a long title reign in 2016 and beyond.

I am really happy that Drew Galloway has become the new TNA Heavyweight Champion. I really have loved his TNA run and wasn't happy when he didn't come out as a champ after that World Title Series. But, Better late than never.

He is only 30 and TNA can really make a star out of him via strong booking.

The thing that disturbs me is that what is next for EC-III? :shrug:

I have zero interest in Drew. I haven't given up on him, as I still feel like he has potential but every time I see him I just don't care.
Though I personally dont care too much for him, I do consider him to be a better choice than Matt Hardy. I am hoping he does not become stagnant as champion, as I feel he needs to improve his character and promo ability.

They can go two ways with EC3.
1. Bobby Lashley- interaction from Angle retirement show
or
2. Bennett- due to him costing EC3 the title match

1. Bobby Lashley- interaction from Angle retirement show
Yeah, It can be good. EC3 can easily get the rub off a veteran like Lashley and therefore can remain far away from the title scene by engaging in a long feud with Lashley.
2. Bennett- due to him costing EC3 the title match
I wouldn't want it as both the guys need a major win. EC3 is a hot babyface now after his turn from a heel and I would want him to lose his credibility. And Bennett too needs a major win as he is very new now. So its a lose-lose for each which I won't want as these both along with Drew are the stars of TNA.

Side-track him for a while by gaining revenge against Tyrus & Spud before he goes back to gaining a title shot.

A well thought out BFG Series would be good in TNA this year given the talents that they have in the mix at the top of the card.

Side-track him for a while by gaining revenge against Tyrus & Spud before he goes back to gaining a title shot.

A well thought out BFG Series would be good in TNA this year given the talents that they have in the mix at the top of the card.
EC-III already gained revenge against Spud in that street fight match where he choked him.

Tyrus can be a good option since he cost EC-III the world title. Or Lasley as I stated in my previous post.

Tyrus can feud with EC3 and Matt with Drew for the title.

Yes, They have depth in talent at present. Drew, Matt, Jeff, Tyrus, EC3 and Bennett can make multiple great matches. Add in the combo of Eric Young and Bram thus making midcard interesting too. And not to forget Lashley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back