It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
How in the name of hell do we not have a thread for what is easily the single best show on television right now? Comedy wise or anything wise, you won't find a better show. I'm serious, this is easily one of the funniest shows I've ever seen in my entire life.

Last night's episode inspired me to make this thread because it had to be one of the funniest god damn episodes I've ever seen of the show. Paddy's Pub versus Dennis' old fraternity was the basic premise of this episode, and trust me you won't be forgetting about Flipadelphia any time soon. Everything from Frank and Dennis snorting adderall and setting someone's lawn on fire, to the absolutely CLASSIC ending in which they poison a bunch of frat guys to get back at them, this is just a classic episode. Hilarious from start to finish, as Sunny almost always is.

Really I'm quite certain it may just be one of the funniest shows in television history. There are very, very few shows that have ever made me laugh as hard for as long.

I know we've got some Sunny fans on here. Any thoughts on last night's episode?

I only started watching the show this year and i have to say im in complete agreement with you, all the characters are hilarious and Danny DeVito adds that experienced actor aspect to the show and is quite a humourous guy. The gang seems to push boundaries in a way like when Mac goes to a pro life rally to meet chicks or Charlie saying he has cancer, or the guys putting Dee in some shitty situation. It's one of those shows you can't help but always laugh at.

It is a great show They are horrible human beings yet I believe I would fit right in with them.
Hve you guys seen the Christmas episode? It is only on DVD, wasn't on FX. It is worth the fifteen or twenty bucks you might have to shell out for it. It will be an instant classic for your Christmas viewing.

By far my favorite still going tv show at the moment (well that and LOST & Dexter). Great writing and performances all around. Some people have called the show 'Seinfeld on crack'. The season that ended is right up there with my favorite overall season. I thought season 3 was the strongest although some fans of the show don't seem to enjoy it all that much. Charlie is probably my favorite and reminds me of an over-exaggerated version of one of my best friends. Haven't seen the Christmas episode as I'm down on cash at the moment but hear it's very good. Great show!

Top 3 shows to watch on my list (after Lost and before scrubs). These people will take anything and put it in the plot. Best part about it all: all the episodes are standalone, and it makes sense since the characters are all cocks, and Danny Devito can do no wrong there. Hell, even Cricket's awesome to watch when he gets on screen.

Favorite season: 1
Best episode: Mac is a Serial Killer tied with Charlie Gets an Abortion.

Sidenote: They should do a pawnshop episode. It would fucking be great to watch.

yes, that episode was awesome, and so is the whole series. honestly, it is the funniest show on tv right now. it has the right combination of humor, absurdity, and vulgarity. its perfect. i loved the chirstmas special as well.

I started watching this show during the Sitcoms Tournament and I have loved every single episode since.

To me, it is very like Arrested Development in the way that it is very candid and the humour is very subtle at times. Arrested Development is probably my favourite show of all time and for me to compare it to Sunny is quite a big feat for a show that I had never heard of 6 months ago. For me, it is one of the funniest shows on TV and should be considered one of the best sitcoms that has graced a TV screen. The cast are absolutely fabulous and the writing is the only thing that surpasses that. I have never laughed so hard at a show in my life as I did in the community service episode.

One of the great things about this show is that it is not scared to cross some line that have been etched out by authorities. The same is true of South Park and Family Guy and it is one of the reasons that these shows are so damn entertaining. Sunny is another in a long line of American sitcoms that are striking the right chords after a long time of being quiet. I have not been able to watch the newer episodes because Sunny is not broadcast in Britain but should definitely have some syndication over here. I have a feeling it would take off.

Wow, I have never really realized this thread was here, or else I would have posted already. Sunny is pretty much my favorite show going right now. The characters are awesome, the dialogue, and back and forth bantering can be excellent at times, and not to mention the crossing of boundaries and making fun of topics that most sitcoms won't touch for being too taboo. I really like every season the same really, but if I had to choose one I guess it would be 3. I think in comparison to the others it has the most bang for its buck, at least for me because most of my favorite episodes fall in there.

My favorite episode is "Sweet Dee has a heart attack", the whole rant with Charlie about Pepe Silva is my favorite scene from any season. Closely behind that is a tie between "the gang solves the north korea situation", and 'the nightman cometh".All great episodes. Really though, I have never watched a episode, (And I have seen them all) that I didn't enjoy, really a great show all around.

Time to revive this thread. More people need to watch this show, because it easily the most underrated show on TV. I've been watching it from the beginning and every episode is great. Every since the last season ended, I have been craving some Sunny. I even broke out my seasons 2 &3 DVD. Now on mondays, Comedy Central is showing the early episodes. No more Sunny withdrawal.

My favorite episode is the 2 part episode where Mac and Charlie fake their deaths. Their stupidity can keep me laughing for a good 10 minutes with one joke.

supreme comedy. the sunny gang is easily the funniest live comedy show in a while. besides lovin the episode where they put on a 'show for the troops' w\ devito as the trashman, the one where the cats get stuck in dee's wall was awesome. not to mention when frank is trippin inside the barrell @ the game & anytime the bust out the green man is always enjoyable. watch the episode where charlie becomes the 'wild card' or the gang goes on the road trip in the uhaul if u arent a fan & i guarantee u will laugh for days.

They just started showing this on Comedy Central yesterday, giving me an oppurtunity to view it for an extended period for the first time. I was flipping back and forth between channels, but it was certainly awesome. They had the gun episode, the one where the guy died, the one where Charlie had cancer, and another one I can't remember. Even without much previous exposure to the show I was able to get into it immeadiately.

I'm not even familiar with any of the individual actors, other than Devito, and it was still great. Definetly something I'll be watching a ton of during those 2 hour blocks on Mondays.

Its always sunny is the funniest damn show on tv. Ive been watching for a couple years now and I absolutely love it. I just recently bought the 1st 3seasons on dvd I love poppin 1 in and just relaxing on the couch and laughing my ass off. My favortie thing about sunny is probably the fact that every character is funny as hell. On most shows theres always the wet blanket one or two chracters that contribute nothing and often piss you off with sunny thats non existent every characters hilarious and love everyone of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back