It is My Destiny to Lose at Wrestlemania.

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
After the way my previous thread on who will win the match at Mania turned out I have decided to go on and create one for the World Heavyweight Championship match. As we all know Alberto Del Rio will challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship at Mania. Now the match itself hasn't been officially announced but I am without a shadow of a doubt that Del Rio will lose. Here are my reasons as to why Del Rio will not win at Mania.

70% of wrestlers according to the Royal Rumble promos go on to win the championship at Wrestlemania. Now the odds are in the favor for Del Rio but history itself does not bode well for the superstar. Last year at the Rumble Edge ended up winning the Rumble after making a return to the WWE. His Wrestlemania match was against none other than Chris Jericho. We all thought it was going to be Edge who came out with the title but no it was not. This year it is Alberto Del Rio's turn to try and test his luck after winning the Rumble. I believe Edge will win because last year he did not get his win and they will do the same to the up and coming Alberto Del Rio.

If you just open your eyes and read the results for Elimination Chamber you will know that Christian has returned to the WWE. And not only did he return but he returned to the aide of Edge after an assault by Del Rio. I don't care if this match ends up being a Triple Threat Match or a one on one match Christian WILL get involved in this match somehow. Why? Because Alberto Del Rio tried to end Christian's career. Now it is Christian's turn to ruin Del Rio's mania moment. It would make perfect sense as instead of hurting Del Rio physically he can hurt his repuatation in the WWE. (In a way). Last year another foreign superstar tried to make a name for himself at Wrestleania, his name was Sheamus. And if anyone has anything of a memory they would know that Sheamus lost to Triple H. Same thing this year? My guess is YES! Also isn't it a coincidence that Edge and Christian were one of the only tag teams to maintain their title at back to back Manias? I think Edge will win his title.

Edge is the Ultimate Oppurtunist. He will find any way to win. He is by far the more established star and he knows how to win on the big stage. He also knows how to beat any superstar given the right tactics. He beat Kane after getting Paul Bearer killed. Who says Edge can't do the same to Ricardo Rodriguez. As Edge is the ultimate oppurtunist he can clearly find a way to win this match.

Del Rio may say it is his destiny. I think not.

Losing at Mania would kill much of Del Rio's heat. he needs to establish himself, and a win at Mania is the way to go.

Losing at Mania would kill much of Del Rio's heat. he needs to establish himself, and a win at Mania is the way to go.

It is sort of a toss up. Edge needs his BIG Wrestlemania win. He had many moments while teaming with Christian and a couple more average moments while solo.

But, he started off much better at Wrestlemania then he has in recent years. I think he lacks that HUGE solo win, especially regarding one of the World Titles.

In a sense, Edge needs this win more, or at least as much as Del Rio. ADR will have more chances to gain that Mania moment, or Mania win. But, Edge's time is running out. Technically, this might be his final chance.

I am not saying ADR shouldn't win and Edge SHOULD. But weighing out all the options, they could BOTH use this win. I am sort of torn on this one.

Nice these threads are getting more people viewing them. Happy to see a Mod (Doc) post in them and Crooked

I know Alberto Del Rio needs the win in order to sustain heat, I just don't think he is necessarily feel he is going to win. This may sound funny but I actually really enjoy Alberto Del Rio and want him to win more than I want Edge. I just have a feeling Edge is going to win this one. I think from a personal standpoint I would rather have Del Rio be a dominant IC champion then a mediocre World Champion. However I do feel that if these two were to have a rematch at Extreme Rules I would then hand over the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back