• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is WWE making the same mistake twice and damaging the Wyatt's

ASKane

Championship Contender
The Wyatt's are supposed to be heel but they are attacking the Miz who is a face but who no fan cares about. That means when they attack Miz fans are cheering not booing. This means that they have struggled to get over as a heel. I think this is the exact same problem WWE had with the Shield as early in there run they tried to solve the 'Cena Problem'. They spent weeks attacking Cena and they couldn't get over as heels as fans would cheer when they took out Cena. This lead to the Shield struggling to be true heels until aligning with HHH.

I think if the WWE keeps sending the Wyatt Family after what I consider false faces(WWE wants them to be faces but fans dislike them) they will struggle to get over as heels which will limit them. I think WWE needs to get the Wyatt's past the Miz quickly and send them after a face that fans actually care about. Kane is not a superstar who should be face as he is a monster and monsters should not be face so this is 2 feuds with false faces. The Wyatt's need a true face to feud with and I think they need to have a good feud with the Rhodes brothers to help them get over with the fans as heels.

If WWE wants to push The Wyatts hard, then Bryan or Punk would make for great protagonists. But IMO they'll be preoccupied for a while so we must start smaller.
Why not have them jump into the Rhodes/Shield feud? Would that be too mixed of a bag to get them over as heels?
Ok so we start smaller. How about a face like Kofi Kingston. He is a vet that many enjoy and respect. He is a true face IMO. A fued such as this would gauge the drawing power of both face and heel. Unless the whole damn thing backfires. I use Kofi because he exemplifies a true face.

I think this is where it's going... There's been talk of Kane joining them but I can also see Kane teaming with the Rhodes' to take the Wyatt's on. It's clear they're gonna take the place of The Shield in that tag feud and I can see them being the reason for the split of Dust and Cody... With Kane in the mix I can easily see a stip at Survivor Series where it's a 3 man for the titles but with Kane or Dust being forced to "unmask" if they lose... Dustin of course takes the fall, blames Cody and the feud begins between them.

The problem with the Wyatts right now is that they lost some momentum with Bray getting hurt and there is just a log jam of storylines due to Triple H's involvment everywhere. Once Vince comes in that may ease slightly but they are also restricted by the PG... for it to really work they need to go dark and PG won't allow for that.

I don't know who you guys are kidding, the Wyatts are horrible in the ring, they don't need a push, they need to be written off of television completely. Yes Kane is a "monster" but seriously with his accolades fans will always cheer him. The Miz on the other hand, you guys don't know talent from your rear ends, you seriously must all believe HHH and Stone Cold were talented wrestlers, to have a negative opinion of The Miz, he has decent mic charisma, he brings some good moves to the ring, and he's always striving to be better.

Now back onto the Wyatt Family, they are literally a cheap knock of the The Brood from the Attitude era, with a redneck twist. Shocking that WWE is recycling storylines once again, but when you hire writers that went to college and know nothing of entertainment, instead of writers who have been watching wrestling for long enough to know what the fans like and want to see that's exactly what happens.

Seriously WWE is on a downward spiral and will eventually destroy itself from within. My major points to this are, there is no smaller division for lighter athletes, some may argue it lets them get over in the heavyweight division, but when was the last time that happened? Rey Mysterio, and Jeff Hardy if I recall. The heavyweights are sometimes fun to watch, but WWE employs mainly power wrestlers, with little real technical skills, while TNA and other feds utilize the size differences to their advantage in stories and matches, WWE is stuck with a huge roster of people who will never shine, because of the company. They went to three hours for RAW, which is a horrible mistake, if you need an extra hour to get your storylines over with fans, then it's probably not worth doing, WCW proved that. Their laughable Tag Team division, with a few notable exceptions, WWE has driven tag team wrestling in it's company into a gutter it can't rise from. They have the worst Women's Division I've ever seen. Once again with a few exceptions, the entire division is eye candy with little to no in ring talent.

The only thing wrong with the Wyatts and it's a big thing is the fact that Bray Wyatt has no sense whatsoever of in-ring psychology. He delivers great promos and he has a great character, but when the time comes for him to step inside the ring he is just awful. He's supposed to be a big tough guy, not a fat boy who bumps at anything like he was struck by a truck.

Bray Wyatt will never be Kurt Angle in the ring and nobody is looking for him to do that. We are looking for a guy that knows the basic concept of storytelling, selling and psychology which he doesn't know. If you ask me, Luke Harper is the standout member of the Wyatt Family in that regard and he's the one I want to see wrestling.

Now onto the matter in subject, I don't think that giving The Wyatts filler feuds is bad in the long run. I think it's smart, it makes them relevant and it puts them on TV for the fans to get used to them, even if it isn't anything that will steal the show or change the world. But for me, the whole Wyatt Family has been a big disappointment, because aside from the fantastic job from the writing team to create the character and the good promo work from Bray Wyatt, the truth is that the Wyatts haven't done anything relevant or anything must-see since their debut probably five months ago.´

Bray Wyatt should not be the center of the angle, the other two members should be more focused on. They have been having great tag team matches and somehow, someway we don't know anything about them and know everything about Bray Wyatt.

well then there you go, Bray Wyatt will become a true hated hell if he continue being awful his in match once he stop the promo and he step unto the rope :p

I love his promos as much as most, the deeptness and potencial the caracters got, but his wrestling shown in the big leagues was pure crappy divas quality, he seem in need to figure a lot of stuff out still, very greenish in the ring, and when you squash a great veteran like Kane while doing so, it kinda hard to believe.

The Wyatts are fine. Whether someone cheers you or boos you doesn't really have any impact on if you are a face or heel anymore.

Outside of your examples of Miz and the Shield, look at Cena, Orton, The Real Americans, Ziggler, Lesnar, The Bellas, AJ Lee, Ryback, Sheamus, CM Punk, Tyler Breeze, The Ascension, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Triple H, The McMahons, Alexander Rusev, Big E Langston, CJ Parker, Enzo Amore and Colin Cassidy.

The only recent example I can find where crowd reaction actually changed a wrestler's alignment is Bo Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back